Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ringer

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ringer

  1. The reserved section was right where Mr. Holbrook has a lifetime reserved seat.
  2. I think they were up by six when all of this happened. Kawada hit the first two and then Jackson hit 3 out of 4 on the technical shots. The first technical was not for slapping the floor, it was when Oney looked at the ref and said something. He let him by with it the first time but he said it again and got the technical.
  3. I'll take Elliott County by 35. Dakota Euton and Chad Jackson won't be walking through those doors this year.
  4. East Carter Barnhill -16 Bair -15 Jackson- 8 Pemberton-5 Kawada -4 Fleming Gray- 17 Dugan -10 Not sure about the rest
  5. I didn't say that the refs had any impact on one team or another. I said that they were terrible BOTH ways. They left everyone scratching their heads at the end of this one. East Carter's not looking to shoot the ball in the third quarter is what made this one close.
  6. East played really well in the first half. They were up 34-22 at the half. Came out not as aggressive on the offensive end in the second half but still managed to pull this one out. They really showed a lot of fight at the end of the game and that was nice to see.
  7. If a bad attitude and no desire to really work hard with god given talent gets you to the next level then he will be at the top. After this post everyone can see that you have all three items listed above and a bad case of something that I'm not allowed to post on here.
  8. I think that the best big man discussion between Knipp and Barnhill is now over. Colt outplayed him in every aspect of the game. I'm not sure on the number of blocks that he had but it was close to being a triple double. Timmy did alot of his scoring from the outside and when Barnhill was out of the game bleeding from the beating that he was taking. Elliott really turned up the pressure in the second half and had zero turnovers in the third quarter. They are going to be tough for anyone to handle
  9. No he doesn't play for Elliott County so he doesn't get any recognition:D
  10. After reading this I think that a lot of people rate players with maroon tinted glasses on. I was at the Anderson County game last night and no I was not at all impressed with Timmy Knipp. I would say that lilj's ratings are a whole lot closer to what players are actually ranked.
  11. The score was tied 20 to 20 at the half
  12. On the radio after the game they said that Barnhill had 22 for the game. Really was a game of two halves. East Carter shot 20% on 5 of 25 in the first half and 88% on 16 of 18 in the second half.
  13. Ya wouldn't brag on yourself a little would ya UKBasketball;)
  14. With the gameplans that the coaching staff has showed this year so far everyone is wondering what they are doing. In no way does Fairview have anywhere near the team that East is capable of having. Its like when Charles was coaching at East years ago. Everybody has to do exactly what he wants and all the players are afraid to do anything else. LET THEM PLAY!!
  15. I agree completely 22. I didn't mean it as anything bad against the guards. Anybody can see that teams are just going to clog the middle until the guards are given enough leeway to shoot the ball. With the way that Jackson can shoot the ball and Bair can create why not give them free rein to try and get the outside game going. If you are expecting the inside game to carry you by itself all year it could be a long year. I think that it is a bad case of overcoaching and not letting the players play the game.
  16. They are ranked right behind Elliott. They are just playing that bad right now.
  17. It was anything but a good game. East Carter looked like they had never seen a basketball court before. Guards wouldn't shoot the ball and the offense was non existent. East Carter was outplayed and badly outcoached. They had a spurt where they run for just a little bit and they scored everytime down the floor. After that it was like Baker pulled the reins back and made them run the worst offensive scheme to hit a basketball floor in a long time.
  18. I would think that the game has to be rescheduled because it is a district seeding game.
  19. Route 7 was closed about 3 miles outside of Grayson for an hour and a half. The team bus couldn't even get out of town because of all the wrecks that had happened.
  20. I'll be there when the doors open
  21. Don't think it will be as high scoring as a lot of people think. Elliott-75 East-60
  22. I didn't really want to put a negative spin on things but after moving three times and still having the same people end up where I was, saying the things that they said I had a really hard time being positive about it.
  23. The college interest is really starting to pick up.
  24. In no way is this years West team better than what they had last year. East Carter played Elliott a whole lot closer twice last year than what West ever was tonight. There is a difference in playing someone physical and playing downright dirty and the beginning of the game last night was definitely the latter. I am not a diehard fan of either team but I am less of a fan of West Carter after sitting in some of their fan section and hearing some of the parents and other fans encouraging the West players to take out some of the Elliott players. This is disgraceful and has no place in sports.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.