Everything posted by JC Alumni 76
-
Ashland/Johnson Central Updates
1:16 remaining in the 4th quarter. Johnson Central 47 Ashland 24
-
Ashland/Johnson Central Updates
6:16 in the 4th quarter Johnson Central 40 Ashland 24
-
Ashland/Johnson Central Updates
9:07 in the 4th quarter. Johnson Central 40 Ashland 17
-
Ashland/Johnson Central Updates
End of the 3rd. Johnson Central 32 Ashland 17
-
Ashland/Johnson Central Updates
50.8 seconds remaining in the 3rd quarter. Johnson Central 32 Ashland 17
-
Ashland/Johnson Central Updates
9:09 remaining in the 3rd quarter. Johnson Central 32 Ashland 10
-
Ashland/Johnson Central Updates
At the Half. Johnson Central 24 Ashland 10
-
Ashland/Johnson Central Updates
4:18 remaining in the 2nd quarter. Johnson Central 21 Ashland 10
-
Ashland/Johnson Central Updates
5:09 remaining in the 2nd quarter. Johnson Central 21 Ashland 3
-
Ashland/Johnson Central Updates
Johnson Central 15 Ashland 3 9.1 seconds remaining in the 1st quarter.
-
4A #3 Ashland at 4A #1 Johnson Central
Although you’d never hear either team say it, I’m sure both have been preparing for or looking at this game since 4 weeks ago. It’s no secret both programs are heads above the other District competition. With that being said, I’d expect nothing but an excellent game from both squads. Both teams bring there own style to the game. Ashland will look to spread the field and utilize their great athletes in space while JC will look to just line up and make you match their physicality. JC has seen great athletes with good speed on 2 occasions, one being with Capital and the other Henry Clay. They are 1-1 in those matchups. On the other hand, Ashland hasn’t played anyone, except for maybe Ironton, that will line up and run at you. Obviously by now, both teams know each other’s tendencies inside and out. I have no idea how this thing will play out, but I do think based on prior years and this seasons results, I’d have to give JC a 1-2 TD advantage. JC will have to put contained pressure on Ratliff or he could shred them for big gains with his feet or other playmakers. Should be a good one! Can’t wait for Friday night! Good luck to both squads but I hope in the end it’s the Eagles that are Victorious!
-
East Carter 14 Boyd County 12
Boyd County runs a very unique(odd) offense to say the least. Involves a lot of fake high snaps to the QB and direct snaps to the up backs. The only thing that really makes it effective is the fact that Boyd County routinely snaps the ball high out of the shotgun. So the QB does in fact have to chase balls snapped over his head. I’m sure it’s fun for some of the players but I don’t see it being very effective as a scheme. I agree with DevilMayCare, I can’t really see where either team has taken a step forward. But I would argue East Carter more so than Boyd County.
-
1A #2 Raceland vs. #5 Paintsville
If Raceland is what we think they are, they should handle Paintsville with a 2-3 TD win.
-
6A #2 Frederick Douglass vs. #6 Henry Clay
Interesting to see how this one plays out. Havent seen FD play, but it’s hard for me to imagine they have more speed at the skill position than HC. Should be a good one nonetheless.
-
Johnson Central 57 Rowan County 7
Final. Big matchup in Johnson Central Friday Night with the Ashland Tomcats.
-
Johnson Central/Rowan County Updates
Final Johnson Central 57 Rowan County 7
-
Johnson Central/Rowan County Updates
Early in the 4th quarter: Johnson Central 57 Rowan County 7
-
Johnson Central/Rowan County Updates
Late in the 3rd quarter: Johnson Central 50 Rowan County 7
-
Johnson Central/Rowan County Updates
Early in the 3rd quarter: Johnson Central 43 Rowan County 7
-
Ashland/Greenup County Updates
8:37 in the 3rd: Ashland 40 Greenup County 7
-
Bryan Station/Henry Clay Updates
Wow!
-
Johnson Central/Rowan County Updates
At the half: Johnson Central 35 Rowan County 7
-
Johnson Central/Rowan County Updates
In the 2nd quarter: Johnson Central 21 Rowan County 0
-
Henry Clay/Scott County Updates -- Upset Alert
Dang boys, don’t all answer at once! Lol
-
Henry Clay/Scott County Updates -- Upset Alert
Is this a district game?