Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

highschoolsportsfan

Inactive Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by highschoolsportsfan

  1. NO COINS!! Tired of them. I looked it up: they did enter the tourney 10-15 and finished the season at 11-17 (1 win in district, 1 loss in district, 1 loss in region)
  2. I think part of the problem with the switching of officials came as a result of the 61st District changing their tournament. They had originally scheduled the boys championship game for SATURDAY night, which can't be done because the regional draw is Saturday MORNING! So some officials had to be reassigned to accommodate the change.
  3. They finished 11-17 after the Regional tournament. Came into districts 10-15. I am pretty sure about that, don't have the figures in front of me right now, but I am pretty sure that is correct. Guess we could go to khsaa.org to find out for sure, but I am too tired!!
  4. Who would have made the call? Dickie Martin?? lol
  5. Mascott, did you go to the Bath/Fleming game?
  6. Yepp, a 22-3 Morgan Co Cougar team was picked by many to go to Rupp, Stan McGlone's Comets went to West Liberty and handed the Cougars a 49-47 loss, a buzzer beater by Casey Jones was the difference. I did that game on the air, it was a good ole good one!
  7. Yes it is a 20 win season for the Comets, their first since the 1998-99 season under Grady Lowe.
  8. West Carter BA Oney 16 Rayburn 16 Webb 11 Puckett 11 C Oney 7 Logan 4 Jarrell 1 Morgan Dunn 22 Fyffe 13 Roy 6 Nickel 5 Adkins 5 Jones 4 Smith 3
  9. This game has the potential to be a dandy. Neither coach has won a 62nd District tournament game. Of course Morgan Co has only been in the district 4 years and this is only Coach Webb's third season, but still... If West Carter shows the team play and good shooting they displayed for most of the year, I give them the edge. Morgan Co has come on strong as of late and might be peaking at just the right time! In my opinion, which is weak many times, this game comes down to tempo. West will want to run and shoot and I think Morgan's best chance is to get in a half court game. If its a high scoring affair, the Comets win it, if it stays in the 40's, Morgan has a chance. Just some random thoughts gang!
  10. East was up 1, 51-50, with about a minute and a half left in the third, 2 minutes into the fourth they were down 63-53. That was a tough stretch for the Raiders.
  11. Thanks for the kind words fellas. I do what I do because I love high school sports and love to promote the players. Lord knows I am not going to get rich doing this, but what's money when you get to do what you enjoy? Lets face it. I get in the game for free, great seat, free food and they pay me for this? I am a very lucky man! Thanks again, I certainly appreciate the kind words!!
  12. Congrats Merle and Co! Now Coach K faces his old team, the Lions of Lewis Co! Should be fun!!!
  13. You are wrong 3Ball. I call it like I see it on the radio. Sure, I want East to win, but I do not put on Raider colored glasses. I am not a homer by any stretch. If East gets a break, I let you know, if they get hosed, I say that as well. I give the kids on each team as much credit as they deserve and try never to let where I went to school influence how I see the game. I am curious, have you ever heard me broadcast a game on the radio?
  14. OK, I have been asked and as was said earlier, BOTH teams got away with a lot of stuff in this one. I don't feel the officials had any impact in the outcome of the game. The only stat that jumps off the page to me was the fact that Elliott Co shot 27 free throws compared to 10 for East Carter. It was a physical ball game and Elliott Co took advantage of the drive to bucket. Ethan Faulkner shot more free throws than did the entire Raider team. East didn't drive and try to create the contact in my view. That's not their game. Did Barnhill get clobbered a couple of times? Sure he did. But so did Knipp. I saw a couple of horrible calls in this one, but nothing that influenced the outcome of the game. So no blaming the officials gang....they had nothing to do with the outcome of this one in my opinion. I am a big supporter of the officials, you guys who know me and listen to me know that. However, I have to tell the listener what I see. I saw a charge call tonight that was quite possibly the worst block/charge call I have ever seen. It didn't change anything in the game, I was just shocked and amazed that a top ranked official in this region made that call. That's my opinion, blast away if you must!!
  15. The entire 62nd District Tournament and 16th Region Tournament can be heard on 102.3--FM and online at http://wgohwugo.com
  16. The entire 62nd District Tournament and 16th Region Tournament can be heard on WUGO--102.3 FM and online at http://wgohwugo.com
  17. Thank you for the kind words and YES, we will continue to spotlight hard working student athletes of our member schools. It is what I think we do best!
  18. I think the 16th and 9th are switching officials this year. Really haven't heard much about it!
  19. See post #29 If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
  20. We do what we do for the student athletes. Sadly, some people don't see that and want to talk ill of the conference. I have known Gary Kidwell for a very long time and he is as honest as the day is long. I have had the honor of serving as his assistant commissioner for a few years now and I know first hand that his heart is with the kids, not for anything or anyone else. I find it sad that adults get in the way sometimes.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.