Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Double Deuce

Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by The Double Deuce

  1. The Cru hand my guy, P.K., and his Lady Cats their first loss of the season. Game was contested at SHDHS.
  2. Final from that very cool little town off of the Batesville Exit where you can also find Wagner's world famous fried chicken.
  3. I don't see any real path to 5 wins unless some rosters fall apart in the transfer season. Penguins are a win, for sure, and So. Alabama is another, so there is two. In the month of October, can they find 2 wins....do they have 1 for sure? Florida should be way better, but I guess that is a maybe at home, and Louisville is an unknown at this point, in many ways, but you have to assume UK doesn't flip 40+ points in one year. Welcome to Lexington, Coach Stein, hope he is patient and can build it the right way.
  4. I didn't spend much time with this tweet / post, so sorry if I'm missing something, but is Frakes and Company just assuming that Lee (AL) is losing to CovCath on Friday at 6:00? Only the loser of that game plays Sunday at 4:30, right? If Lee wins, they'd play on Saturday at 4:30, or, again, am I missing something?
  5. Conner falls to 0-4 and has to marinate on that loss at Great Crossing to WoCo until next Wednesday, when they visit the Breds on top of the hill in Newport. That game now looks far more interesting than it did two weeks ago. Woodford County moves to 4-1 on the season.
  6. Final from Great Crossing, and The Lady Braves get their first win of the season. West Jess loses their 4th straight. Grant County has a couple of very winnable games on the horizon before a tilt with our #1 team in NKY, Simon Kenton!
  7. So happy for Holmes, and great to see them playing a Varsity schedule again this year.
  8. Oh boy, final from Edgewood, and this Lady 'Stangs team may be for real!! Really impressive and lopsided road win for Coach Stamm and his team!
  9. Jinx avoided, Notre Dame moves to 5-0 versus Holy Cross (since 1998) when the game is played in December. ?
  10. Big game tonight in NKY, with Bishop Brossart traveling to Edgewood to take on Dixie. Brossart has had a great start to the season, Dixie has had a lot to overcome, and don't appear to be hitting their stride yet, but could that start tonight at home vs. the Lady Stangs? Should be a fun one! Hopefully Mother Nature cooperates and allows it to be played as planned.
  11. If Katie can find a dependable 2nd option to handle the ball and initiate the offense, and they get McClain more touches around the rim (and she doesn't need to deck it), I think they have a real chance. Their 2/3 zone is a real problem for people.
  12. Barn-burner in Park Hills, apparently. Heard HC had 3 free throws with .3 left in OT, missed the first two, then intentionally missed the 3rd. If accurate, feel badly for that young lady, I'm sure that place was rocking. Round 2 in Districts will be a good one.
  13. Oh boy. Lloyd gets their 2nd win of the year over the Lady Eagles in Erlanger. Why they play the games.....
  14. HC Radio does a great job, Terry Niehaus and Coach Trame are terrific on the call, what a great option if you can't make it to Park Hills.
  15. I think he is their best player, so when I didn't see him in your list, I guess I was "hoping" he didn't play. He is a terrific young player.
  16. That should be a terrific game!! Interesting that the Indians are playing 5 straight away games -- Coach Ric testing those boys early with tough environments.
  17. Love that for Luke, such a great kid, and just an outstanding shooter! I like the action they ran to free him up, but Ryle just can't let him (of all people) drift into a wide-open position. Make anyone else take that shot beyond the arc. Looks like Holy Cross has clinched the #1 seed in the 33rd District Tournament! ?
  18. Completely agree, this is a GREAT showing by the Cougars without Finn.
  19. Game of the year in the 35th District tonight, as Holy Cross travels up the hill to Notre Dame. Since 1998, this is the 3rd earliest this intra-district rivalry has been played, and also in that same span, Holy Cross has NEVER won a December game against the paNDAs (0-4). I don't expect that trend changes tonight, but I do think the game will be highly competitive, and a lot of fun. I expect we'll see an OUTSTANDING crew on the game as well, to keep any nonsense to a minimum. Should be fun.
  20. Final from the Billy Hicks Classic at Scott County. @Proudgrandpa
  21. Sounds like the Tigers battled their tails off (see what I did there) in Fort Mitchell, but Coach Trame and the Cru get out of there with a win. Beechwood looks like they'll be game all year against similar levels of competition. On the heels of their volleyball success and renaissance, it isn't much of a surprise. Shame for Beechwood they are in a district with two of the best 10-12 teams in Kentucky, but they are going to battle all year.
  22. M.M. fell to 0-2 on the season, and they only scored 25 in their opening loss of the campaign. Now, any time you can win in Ohio it is a solid win, but I'm not sure this McAuley team has enough to push Brossart and sharpen them for the sesaon. You do have to love the 4-0 start to the Stamm era, and that game with Dixie that @Runcible Owlmentioned should be a good test and a much better barometer of where the Lady 'Stangs are. They should stack a bunch of wins after the Dixie game, so I'm excited to see if they can stay unblemished after their trip to Edgewood.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.