Everything posted by Topper
-
John Hardin/Madisonville-North Hopkins Predicitions/Updates
Any updates? I can’t find anything on Twitter
-
2019 Kentucky Sweet Sixteen Basketball Contest
1 st round Walton Verona Campbell Owensboro Trinity Scott Butler Madisonville Warren Central 2nd rd Campbell Trinity Scott County Madisonville 3rd Trinity Scott county Champion Scott County 147 points
-
Signs that the "Sweet 16" is Thriving or Declining
The first two rounds this year were incredible. There is nothing for kids to do between games. My 10 year old would go up top and shoot his basketball at the wall and play other kids. They use to have stuff to do in the Lex Center but no more.
-
Covington Catholic 67 Oldham County 28 (Sweet 16 - Semi Finals)
It’s called luck of the draw. If they would have drawn Fern Creek, Trinity, SC, Cov Cath first round it would have been rough for them like all the other teams at the state. The 6th, 7th, 9th, and 11th were just better than all of the others this year. It happens alot of years. By the way I am from the second region and without the city of Hopkinsville we would hardly ever have a chance of making any noise at the state tournament.
-
College Basketball Players in State Tournament
Walter did not make a difference in the first two rounds. He has a major attitude problem. He will never make it at Xavier with that attitude.
-
Pikeville/John Hardin (Sweet 16-Round 1) Updates
This is ridiculous. Pikeville wants to loose it.
-
Pikeville/John Hardin (Sweet 16-Round 1) Updates
This is great. Pikeville is still playing like they are behind. First 3OT game I have been to since I can remember.
-
UHA/Christian County game updates (2nd district championship)
UHA 78-CC 70 final
-
UHA/Christian County game updates (2nd district championship)
UHA 76-CC 70 18.6
-
UHA/Christian County game updates (2nd district championship)
UHA 72- CC 70,1 min to go, Tandy is cramping up.
-
UHA/Christian County game updates (2nd district championship)
Officials just called one of the worest over the backs I have seen on UHA.
-
UHA/Christian County game updates (2nd district championship)
UHA 68- CC 66 2:12
-
UHA/Christian County game updates (2nd district championship)
UHA 64- CC 58 5:22 in 4th.
-
UHA/Christian County game updates (2nd district championship)
CC 56- UHA 55 at end of third. Ware had 18 at half. Tandy had 10. Ware has to be closing in on 30.
-
UHA/Christian County game updates (2nd district championship)
CC 54- UHA 46 2:49 3rd
-
UHA/Christian County game updates (2nd district championship)
Also Travis Ford is here.
-
UHA/Christian County game updates (2nd district championship)
CC 50 UHA 46. 3:28
-
UHA/Christian County game updates (2nd district championship)
By the way Calipari is at the game!
-
UHA/Christian County game updates (2nd district championship)
UHA up 13-14 range then county made a run behind Ware making a bunch of shots.
-
UHA/Christian County game updates (2nd district championship)
CC 36- UHA 33 at the half
-
University Heights 72 Hopkinsville 65
Tandy with 32.
-
It's official: "The Kentucky 2A Championships® State Basketball Tournament"
It’s just a mid season tournament, if you do not like it do not go. I don’t like the LIT! Let’s get rid of it.
-
How to fix the boys Sweet 16’s attendance issue.
I couldn’t agree more on the programs. The answer I always received was they were not cost effective. I would pay more for the darn things. I have two sons 8 & 10 who started going with me last year. My grand father is 78, my father is 58, I am 38. You have to get people to the games. It is dead before the games an in between the games in the area. Have stuff going on for kids. Also if the schools would incentives the students to attend. IE, excuse the day at the very least that would help.
-
All A a KHSAA event?
It’s a lot more than an invitational tournament just because everyone is involved the meets the requirements. Compared to the sweet 16 they treat everyone much better. No comparison in hospitality rooms. Sweet sixteen I get popcorn and coke’s.
-
How to fix the boys Sweet 16’s attendance issue.
Someone needs to grasp that the sweet 16 can not go head to head with the opening weekend of the NCAA tournament. A very high percentage of spectators that enjoy high school basketball also enjoy the opening rounds of the NCAA tourney’s. I have personally been to the boys sweet 16 every year since 1992. I caught a random couple before then but have purchased 6 seat packages since then. I have seen the attendance slowly dewendle down in the last little bit. This is not the only fix all of high school sports are suffering. My grandfather regularly attends 100 high school, girls and boys, games a year. I do not know what all the answers are but it is time for at least stabilization but would be great to see crowds grow. On another note Rupp Arena needs to fix its cell phone issue. Service is so limited when the arena has 10000 people there. Wether you like it or not if there are connection issues with phones it hurts the attendances.