Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HSBballfan24

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HSBballfan24

  1. I don’t see Joe ending up at Holmes. Not a good fit
  2. So, Carr is the only name that is being talked about in connection with this job? Hard to fathom considering it was just 8 years ago when Booher took over a program that was top 10 in the state. I bet when he applied there were over 50 applicants. How many will apply this time? Who realistically has a chance at this job? What does the future look like on Madison Ave.?
  3. Round One - Wednesday Newport 72 Holy Cross 58 Dixie 53 Ryle 44 Round One - Thursday Cooper 63 NCC 54 Cov Cath 76 St. Henry 45 Semi Finals - Saturday Newport 72 Dixie 61 Cooper 51 Cov Cath 48 Finals - Monday Cooper 56 Newport 44 All Tournament Team Kunkel-Cooper (MVP) McNeil - Cooper Runion - Cooper Burries-Newport Harding-Newport Fredericks-Cov Cath Veith-St.Henry Hall-NCC Schreck-Dixie Schrand-Holy Cross Rankin-Ryle
  4. I could see someone from Bracken County apply. Here are a few names that I'll throw out from possible coaches from the girls that might entertain a move to the boys: 1) Tony Perkins - did he really retire? 2) Ryan Bowman - Boone County 3) Kes Murphy - Holy Cross
  5. So there’s no truth to what happened any Scott? Any way, I hope for the sake of the other candidates this search is genuinely open and not already promised to Carr.
  6. Once again, I wouldn’t hire Carr just based on his off the court issues. And from what I’m hearing we’ve only heard the tip of the iceberg.
  7. Ricardo would be a good choice but I believe he is wanting to stay in college coaching. With his connections at Xavier, I anticipate him landing on a D1 staff somewhere quickly.
  8. Wimzie is entrenched at Holmes and the community. He knows best what those players need.
  9. I agree. Highlands faithful has been surprisingly patient with Kevin.
  10. This isn’t the Holmes of the 80’s, 90’s or early 2000’s. He might be a Holmes grad but it was too long ago to matter.
  11. No one in the area has a better reputation than Steve Fromeyer by his peers and I guarantee they don’t win the same way last year without him as head coach.
  12. Great decision by Brad but yes Fro was crucial to his success.
  13. It’d be entertaining that’s for sure. Haha
  14. That’s a dumb take. Fro was a pivotal person in the development of those kids. He was the Freshman coach for years and most of those kids are who they are because of the foundation he laid.
  15. I’m all for saying it was a dumb mistake. Still don’t think he’s a fit. Why not focus this on more than a couple candidates and say what this job is? This is a tough job that will need a special coach.
  16. And why? Principals are not in the habit of getting rid of good teachers and coaches.
  17. What’s harsh about it? I didn’t do the shirt.
  18. You must be new. There is a recording. Unfortunately the school didn’t release it. But ask anyone associated with Scott during that last season. They’ll tell you.
  19. We all know from the 30 for 30 Catholics v Convicts how Fredericks feels about the type of kids that play at Holmes.
  20. I don’t mind tough love. You can be a “tough love” coach and be truthful and demanding of your players. What Carr did was Verbal Abuse. Plain and simple. He is in the same boat as Mike Rice from Rutgers.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.