Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKYRaider

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NKYRaider

  1. I’d second that. They are well coached and crawling with young talent.
  2. Yes, 305 yards included rushing and passing combined for 3 quarters. His longest pass was 81 yard TD to Coppola. Longest rush was a 46 yard TD. I've looked at it twice to check my #'s. Moral of the story. If you're going to attack someone for posting "inflated" stats, you might want to make sure they're inflated first.
  3. For the record, I just charted every play. Verax had 305 total yards and 4 TD's and 0 Int.
  4. Send me a template and I'll complete it for your liking next time.
  5. Again, my stats were realistic. If you can point out another game where you or anyone else think they are inflated, I'll gladly send you the video.
  6. For the record, I keep tally of Verax's season because I think it's worth tracking. He's on an incredible win streak of 5 years and has put up ridiculous #'s along the way. I'm sure all non-Ryle fans find it obnoxious, which I understand.
  7. He would have a good point, if he was correct. But he's blatantly wrong. "48-26, I believe it was 48-14 w/ the starters. Verax w/ 300+ yards, 4 or 5 (can’t recall) TD’s, 0 INT’s." That was my post: The score was 48-26....100% accurate He had 4 TD's....100% accurate He had 0 INT's...100% accurate He had 262 yards (according to his #'s) + 2 TD's called back that were probably close to 75 yards. Again, I'm estimating yardage.
  8. Blatant lie, huh? OK, fella. Please try to follow the math. Ryle scored 48 points: Verax had 3 passing TD's (2 to Lee, 1 to Coppola) + 1 rushing yards= 28 points Huston had 2 rushing TD's, Coppola had 1 rushing TD's (missed 1 kick)= 20 They also had 2 passing TD's called back (1 to Lee for 25 yards, 1 to Workman, which was the long one you referenced).
  9. Not sure why a grown adult would be so irritated by someone posting updates for a Frosh game in a forum for Frosh scores! But, for starters, I estimate the yardage because I'm certainly not totaling them up, like apparently you did. He did have 4 TD's (not 2): 2 to Lee, 1 to Coppola, 1 rushing (+1 25-30 yarder called back). I also didn't see Coppola's 2nd TD. I thought it was a pass from Verax, but it was his first carry of the season. That was about 50 yards or so. Regardless, 262 (if that's what it was) yards, 4 TD's, and 0 INT's in 3 quarters is a solid game, don't you think?
  10. 48-26, I believe it was 48-14 w/ the starters. Verax w/ 300+ yards, 4 or 5 (can’t recall) TD’s, 0 INT’s.
  11. 40-7. Verax had 6 TD’s, 0 INT. 300+ passing and 75+ rushing. Wish he was on my fantasy team. Anthony Coppola w/ 3 TD’s, 125+ receiving yards. Ryle’s D line set the tone w/ at least 20+ plays for a loss. Newcomer Anthony White is a stud. 7 TFL’s and 2 forced fumbles. CC had no answer for him. Great addition.
  12. Ryle up 40-0, start of the 4th. Running clock. Verax w/ 6 TD’s. Coppola w/ 3 TD’s.
  13. My favorite part of the night was listening to the St X band jam all night. They are awesome. Loved all the classic rock bangers! It almost made the 37-0 loss tolerable.
  14. There have been 4 Frosh QB’s that have played varsity in NKY this season. Them playing has more to do with not having a QB in the pipeline more so than their superb talents. I agree that all of them are good to very good. I suspect they’ll all have great careers and wish them all the best. Verax is faster, more athletic, and has a better arm than all of them. He also has by far the better youth and middle school resume. In every category other than “varsity reps” Verax has proven to be better head to head. Whatever any of those other have done, Verax would have done better because he is better.
  15. Jacob Savage would have made a huge difference too! Starting RB and LB. Game changer on both sides of the ball. I couldn’t disagree more about previous years meaning little. His body of work over the past 5 years is ridiculous. If he was better head 2 head the previous 5 years, why would you assume he’s been passed up? Nate could start varsity on every NKY school except maybe 2 or 3.
  16. A few other really good ones, including Cam, but Nate is and has been on a different level for years.
  17. Verax had 250-300 yards passing + 100 yards rushing, 6 TD’s and 0 INT’s. Best Frosh QB in NKY and it’s not even close.
  18. 49-19 Final Verax w/ 7 TD’s, 0 INT’s, 5 passing, 2 rushing Lee w/ 3 TD’s, Lyons, w/ 1, Workman w/ 1 Cooper was lead by Campbell and Maher. Both had huge plays. Maher had 2 great TD’s along w/ some other big plays. Both of them are phenomenal players.
  19. 48-19 Nate Verax putting on a clinic.
  20. Ryle up 41-19. 5:00 to play.
  21. Who hypes up Ryle? I don't see many (if any) that do that on here. I think their fans seemed to be very grounded, unlike other NKY programs. They're 6A, the road usually stops with one of the few big 6A Louisville schools. I'm not aware of anyone that feels differently in Union!
  22. Ryle’s football program lives rent free in your head.
  23. Ryle and Beechwood playing tonight. I’ll send updates when finished.
  24. Ryle beat Highlands in the 7v7 tournament. Neither games matter at this point.
  25. As mentioned after that scrimmage, Ryle was playing without some key players and appeared to keep things very vanilla by design. Since then, most of those players have found their way back onto the field. My guess, Highlands looks different today than they did 5 weeks ago too. I think this is a toss-up game. Ryle’s defense has been playing well. Offense had way too many turnovers last week. Highlands has a lot of quality players and are well coached. I think whoever wins the turnover battle wins. I’m taking Ryle 21-14.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.