Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BCHS-BLUEBIRD

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BCHS-BLUEBIRD

  1. Just my opinion, but I don't see any scenario where Cam H isn't the starter this year. He's going to be REALLY good.
  2. Yes, I believe you will see a lot of Brycen this year in many capacities.
  3. It will be good so see how the Birds look tomorrow with Grady Cramer back at the helm now that he is cleared from baseball and everything.
  4. I saw on Twitter the Birds had 7-v-7 today down in Mercer Cty. Does anyone have any info on how they did? I have a message into the boy but haven't talked to him yet.
  5. I agree not rushing Buten back. He's been injured a decent amount and no need to rush it. I agree with depth at QB but we should hopefully be okay this year if Grady can stay healthy. I think everyone knows the LB's will be the anchor of the defense and I think the DB's should be fine too. Armstrong tackles well(height is an issue but he has the heart), Braas played well last year as a soph and seems to be continuing playing well and it will be extremely hard throw it over Ahlfeld's head at Safety but you are correct they will need some kids to step up and help out in the depth department. Especially if kids are going to be playing both ways which is looks to be that numerous kids could see action.
  6. Not what I heard. His uncle is on the coaching staff at Beechwood. Dad and Cam both confirmed he was gone. It's a DONE DEAL unless something drastic has changed. He's a REALLY good QB that could start at many high schools but unfortunately he isn't better than Grady and he would need to wait a year before taking the helm.
  7. Without question...He will be missed. He could've really helped us in a few years.
  8. Yes, the UK football Alum.
  9. 1. Zero leadership is putting it nicely 2. Our main big was out most of the year recovering from a broke leg (Sisson)
  10. This on could get interesting. Nobody expects the Birds to win so the pressure is all on NCC. Advantages Crowd = Birds Bigs = Birds Guards = Breds by a huge margin Bench = Coin flip IMO Keys To The Game: Birds: The bigs have to have a huge game. The guards have to play really good (unfortunately no leadership) in this department. IMO, the bench will have come up huge in this one. Meaning frosh Vinson to have a big game and need JR Leigh to knock down some shots. Turnovers are key for the Birds. They have to stop having so many of them. Someone on that team will have to step up and have a breakout game if they want to get this win. Birds need to find someone that can play both offense and defense consistently. NCC: They need to get the Birds bigs in foul trouble. If they do, GAME OVER and NCC wins by 20+. The guards need to do what they've done all year and continue to cause havoc. They have a huge advantage over the Birds in this department but they will have to find a way to deal with the Birds overall size advantage. Is Posey still out or is he playing now? No doubt NCC is a 10 pt favorite in this one BUT I wouldn't be shocked if the Birds catch lightening in a bottle with having a home game.
  11. I'm not sure who the "who" was (my guess is BW) but the AD is who I heard it from in passing. I can't imagine this AD making the decision on his own since he is new to the position.
  12. So, I'm guessing it's official HHS is moving back up to 5A? Has anyone heard anything different?
  13. How about the moisture issues? I have no idea how a private school that cost's that much money to go to can't fix the biggest issue of all. Games get cancelled because of it every year. #MakesZeroSense
  14. Did they play? I don't recall... #shorttermmemory , #youdidthatfor10years
  15. Apparently Superman didn't have an issue with the mask last night. LOL :idunno: #BLOWOUT
  16. I didn't say that. I'm guessing you meant that for someone else??? I think both teams can play as I mentioned above. I do give the edge to Cooper because they have a deeper bench but Newport's starting 5 can hang with anyone.
  17. That's yet to be seen. Superman doesn't seem to be playing as good with his mask on.
  18. Newport has had been up and down at times this year and Cooper hasn't played great b-ball as of late IMO. It will be interesting to see who steps up and wants it more. Both teams can play, who will be the kid on the winning team that steps up and wins this game???
  19. That was a closer game than the score showed. That was a good game until the last few mins when NCC made a few costly mistakes.
  20. Do we know if that was the jersey number wore or the ranking?
  21. He's still trying to get his sea legs about him IMO, but he still had around 8-10 pts a nice block and some nice rebounds in very limited mins. The kid is a absolute stud. He just has to continue to progress and trust he's good to go. I will take a few weeks IMO.
  22. My 2 cents... As someone that has coached many of these kids over the years I think they have a bunch of pieces in place. If they can get a lineman or two to hit a growth spurt in the off season, it would really help with the depth and I think this team could be special. IMO, they are in good shape at... Offense QB with Krammer and JV Starter Hergott RB with Cooper and maybe soph Buten along with Bowling and Depp??? I'd like to see Bowman back at RB again but with him being the kicker, I don't think they'd risk it. WR's with Roberts, Huddy, Ahlfeld and King (Also Brune & Deshler) Ends with Sisson, Dierg Kicker with 3 year starter Bowman Defense D-line with Sisson's length on the outside with help from King on the other side would be monster sized bookends at OLB. You also have Conner Zell that will help if he can put on weight. You have Lewin, and Downard on the inside can really cause problems LB's should be absolutely loaded with Huddy anchoring and Bowman, Mason, Coop, Hagis, Starkey, Hagedorn DB/S have good depth this year with Sr hard hitting Armstrong back and you will have JR's Braas and Ahlfeld hoping teams throw it deep along with Sr Casey Greene, and multiple JR's that can step in at any given time. Save the best for last...The boys in the trenches! O-Line/D-line Anchoring the line you have Sr's Trent Johnson You will also have Sr Will Salmon and then JR's Turner, Huber, and Dierg that are all looking to have breakout seasons. I really hope we see numerous kids going both ways this year. The time is NOW. I could see 5-6 kids going both ways this year, not every play but at multiple times during the year to help as needed. I'm hoping they all get bigger, faster, stronger in the off-season and come out healthy and ready to fight! I'm sure I'm missing a couple of guys. I didn't mean to leave anyone out, just my thoughts. Good luck in 2018! #NEWCULTURE , #STATE18

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.