Everything posted by X`s and O`s
-
Greenup County 85 Mason County 77
True, Guess I did. you caught me . I`m not afraid to say I was wrong. Good Job Spindoc. Ill give you a gold star! It was so lite on Tackett , must have been amnesia.
-
Greenup County 85 Mason County 77
If you read the post it is that the coaching seems better. I pointed out , the man to man this year, not only zones. Tackett didn't play man because he thought there was match up problems . I`m fine with some zone, depending on the players you have. He had players that could match. If I was a coach I would play many different zones and man, trying to keep the other team off balance , and thinking every time down. At times I would switch every time, to throw them off, and have to stop and a just to that "D". My problem was losing ,not trying man and the box-1, triangle -2 and a few I couldn't figure out. Not the no man to man. Coach Kidwell shows up and there`s a lot of different things going on. MY Point.
-
Baioni Named 2015 Kentucky Coach of the Year
If wins and losses ,and make up of team doesn't paint story . What does? Its coach of year, what else is there. Do you win if your team has a really bad incident ,(witch from what I here ,was taken care of really well) than you have a great season after that. I have not Bashed the coach, and wont. He and the Highland team had a great year, as did coach Logan and Greenup Co. Maybe you can explain what it takes.?
-
Baioni Named 2015 Kentucky Coach of the Year
ok, thank you
-
Baioni Named 2015 Kentucky Coach of the Year
Sorry . That`s not why I did 3, I picked a few so they would get the alert , to see how they felt. Not to show how I felt 3, different times, trying to see what you thought. Sorry , guess I went about it wrong .
-
DAWGHAUS ratings week 3
I know Greenup Co beat them, and the only team in 15 who could be in mix is Lawrence Co. After that no team I 16th or 15th are top 20.
-
Baioni Named 2015 Kentucky Coach of the Year
He did a great job, but Greenup Co coach Greg Logan should have won. started 3Fr, 2 So, 4Jr, and made final 4. to lose to Highlands. Went 28-11 and number 1 pitcher was out half season and all of post. Baioni did a good job, but it doesn't compare to what Greg Logan did.
-
Baioni Named 2015 Kentucky Coach of the Year
- Baioni Named 2015 Kentucky Coach of the Year
Not Not saying he didn't do a great job, but Greenup County coach Greg Logan took 3 starting freshman, 2 so, and 4 Jr , and a 1pitcher who didn't pitch half the season plus tournament , to the final 4 only to lose to Highlands. I think Greenup ended 28-11 . I`m sorry to Highland , but Logan should have won State Coach of the year.- DAWGHAUS ratings week 3
Shelby Valley?- Top 5 Defenders in the 10th Region
Greenup Co , Gage Hughes 29. but yes Pig is very good, quickest player I`ve seen in a minuet,.- Top 5 Defenders in the 10th Region
Greenup Co has played Mason and Brossart. Gage Hughes had 29 on Mason and "pig" and 23 on Brossart. I go with pig being he best straight up man to man. Schultz may be quick,but I`ve seen both, Pig is the quickest player I`ve seen this year. Brossart seems to have a better team "D" and that help`s Schultz. Plus Pig also is really good on offence and that takes more out of a player , when playing to both ends hard. If your the 3rd or 4th opt on offence, you get a little more rest. Brossart has 2 main offence players, that helps Schultz. Pig is guarding the best and leading player on offence for Mason.. I go with Pig !,- Greenup County 85 Mason County 77
If your talking Greenup , like a Broken record. I never said a word about Tackett , till hoopsdream brought it up. I was just posting about game.- Greenup Co , Gage Hughes get`s 1,000
Last night (1-19-16) VS Mason Co, Sophomore guard Gage Hughes scored his 1,000th point . He ended the game with 29 points , 5-8 from 3, 6-7 Ft, and 9-17 overall and 8 rebounds. In 17 games this year , he is avg 22 pts . Is 56-134 , 41% from 3. 94-129, 72% from foul line. Has 104 rebounds 6.1 avg. He is a team player and wants to win first, not playing for numbers. Congrats to Gage, hope to see 2000 maybe. Gage is a Verbal commit to the University of Cincinnati for BASEBALL. And also holds the record for the most points in a 16th region, regional tournament game by a 8th grader with 22. Was held by (NBA) O J Mayo who played for Rose Hill. Good Luck Gage on the rest of your career!- Greenup County 85 Mason County 77
Also are you saying Greenup should keep a coach that is 32-58 in 3 seasons. The fist year 7 wins, then Greenup was preseason top 5 , but seem to end up bottom 5. So he has had some player`s to work with. Hopefully when you was a assistant for him, you didn't take anything in.- Greenup County 85 Mason County 77
Guess if he`s so great Logan should have keep him, for some reason he`s not there. Most schools keep really good coaches. He was at Logan 4 years and a 1 good team. He might be a nice guy, but as a coach not so much. And your are the only one who try`s to take up for him. haven't seen to many more. The 8 coach thing, all but 1 season had more win`s than Tackett. He said losing doesn't matter, only in tournament time. And I`m comical ? How about the kid who started and subbed last year, than didn't play a few games. When he ask why , Tackett said , sorry I forgot about you, have a lot on my mind. So that kid is not playing this year, and would be a nice player that would help team. I`m comical ?.. Tackett this year called a time out with 10 sec left after Greenup scored, the only problem is Greenup was down 10. I`m Comical ? Last 2 years Greenup didn't play man to man, cause Tackett said didn't match up. Same kids this year , for most part and no 6`7 player Jair Jackson who is playing college. So you lose at 6`7 athlete , but are able to play man now. Hard to understand. (difference Kidwell). So I guess , I`m just crazy to think he`s not a good coach. Like I said ,ask around the 16th or teams they play.- Greenup County 85 Mason County 77
have you seen his numbers, 7,13,12 wins the last 3 years. Never played man, are this year. never ran very many sets , are now. Coach Kidwell is the difference this year. Greenup is 11-7 so not that great , have still lost 3-4 game should have won. Every body has an opinion , and if you think he`s good , I wonder how much you know about the game.- Greenup County 85 Mason County 77
True same with Greenup, haven't been playing like they can. Greenup has lost more than , they should have.- Greenup County 85 Mason County 77
I`m sure your thinking its a real bad loss , not that any loss is good. Greenup is a better team than 11-7 , and can play with most team, and with some better Coaching they could be 14-3. sure it doesn't help , never fun to lose.- Greenup County 85 Mason County 77
Great team game for Greenup, Gage Hughes had 29,, 5-8 from 3 ,,6-7 ft ,, 9-17 over all Field goals, 8 rebounds. Mike Hubbert , 15 points 12 rebounds Christan Wireman , 14 points,, 4-5 from 3 Austin Grooms , 11 points Jordan Hill and Blake Burchett also had 6-8 points each I have no numbers for Mason , Guess Willams had at lest 20, and is the quickest player I have seen in a while. With his hard nose "D" , and Handles , he will be a nice small college point guard I feel. Not sure if its normal but Mason didn't shoot the 3 very well. A nice win for Greenup , hopefully they can play more consistent .- Lewis County 71 Greenup County 68
what ?- Lewis County 71 Greenup County 68
I know the JV game was a battle , but I didn't see this . But wasn't really looking for it . I`ve talked to a few Lewis people , they didn't bring it up. Don't know if this helped you?- Lewis County 71 Greenup County 68
After a buzzer beater loose today to Paintsville , Greenup is 10-7. If Kidwell was head coach, I think it would be 14-3. With out him Greenup would be lucky to win 10 to 12 all year. Tackett is 7-23, 13-17 and 12-18 in 3 years . The 1 and done coaching change GC went through is better than Tackett. He brags about being there for 4 years now, bringing stability to program, and how the kids are so happy. Well the only truth is the 4 years, players no, and 2 kid s 1 who would have started , and other a good back up. Did not play this year, witch has hurt the team. Saying loosing only matters at the end of year , is a joke. What kind of coach says that, one that doesn't have a clue. Last year , when he told a player he forgot about him, cause he had a lot on his mind , is stable . Than I misunderstood , the meaning of the word. So yes , coaching is better (Kidwell) before he came , I was thinking 7 to 8 wins maybe.- Lewis County 71 Greenup County 68
Kidwell has definitely made a huge difference ,more offence plays and man to man "D" witch is still a work in progress . Its been only zone the last 3 years ,but Tackett still needs to go. GC was 12of 25 from line , that's what lost them the game. Cold shooting in 1st half , Hughes 2pts didn't help, but Hughes 21 in 2nd and some better play was enough to win, IF the foul shoots where better. Hubbert and Grooms both had bad games , Grooms thumb was hurt. Hubbert was out for a short time with bruised tail bone, 1st game back after being out for over a week . Wasn't normal , he avg a double , double . Hamton is a very good coach, does a good job getting his players , to play better than they are at times. I still feel Greenup is the better team. And will win District- Lewis County 71 Greenup County 68
Lewis Co played a really good game. It seemed at time they couldn't miss, and the first half Greenup was cold, and gave up to many easy shots. GC`s Mike Hubbert looked a little rusty first half, after being out for a few games. Gage Hughes didn't take many shots in 1st half and only 13 shots for the game witch is a few less than normal. Greenup makes a few more foul shots they win. GC`s foul shooting was really bad, difference in the game. I also thought game was called well, 2of the 3 Refs where real good. - Baioni Named 2015 Kentucky Coach of the Year