Lewis County 71 Greenup County 68

Details -- Hughes didn't seem aggressive in the first half , only had 2 at the break . LC used that lack of output to their benefit holding a double digit lead after 1 quarter . LC held a 8-14 point most of the evening til 1/2 way thru the 4th . GC hit a three at the end to make the final spread 3 . Well refereed game IMO . LC's big boy had one of those " can't do anything right " nights . Foul trouble 2 minutes into the game . never did get into the flow . McCann off the bench had a nice night for LC , and Keibler did have a big block when GC had cut the lead late in the game . Wireman was money from 3 pt land going 3-3 I believe . GC didn't shoot well from the line , that hurt them . That's all I got .

Lewis Co played a really good game. It seemed at time they couldn't miss, and the first half Greenup was cold, and gave up to many easy shots. GC`s Mike Hubbert looked a little rusty first half, after being out for a few games. Gage Hughes didn't take many shots in 1st half and only 13 shots for the game witch is a few less than normal. Greenup makes a few more foul shots they win. GC`s foul shooting was really bad, difference in the game. I also thought game was called well, 2of the 3 Refs where real good.

I think LC coaxed GC into having some players take shots that were preferred by Lewis Co , not the people GC wanted taking the majority of the shots . Good game . Don't think LC can beat them again if Kiebler has that bad a night . He had a horrible night and LC still escaped .

I think LC coaxed GC into having some players take shots that were preferred by Lewis Co , not the people GC wanted taking the majority of the shots . Good game . Don't think LC can beat them again if Kiebler has that bad a night . He had a horrible night and LC still escaped .
Kidwell has definitely made a huge difference ,more offence plays and man to man "D" witch is still a work in progress . Its been only zone the last 3 years ,but Tackett still needs to go. GC was 12of 25 from line , that's what lost them the game. Cold shooting in 1st half , Hughes 2pts didn't help, but Hughes 21 in 2nd and some better play was enough to win, IF the foul shoots where better. Hubbert and Grooms both had bad games , Grooms thumb was hurt. Hubbert was out for a short time with bruised tail bone, 1st game back after being out for over a week . Wasn't normal , he avg a double , double . Hamton is a very good coach, does a good job getting his players , to play better than they are at times. I still feel Greenup is the better team. And will win District

X - O GC appears much better coached this season as well .. agree ?
After a buzzer beater loose today to Paintsville , Greenup is 10-7. If Kidwell was head coach, I think it would be 14-3. With out him Greenup would be lucky to win 10 to 12 all year. Tackett is 7-23, 13-17 and 12-18 in 3 years . The 1 and done coaching change GC went through is better than Tackett. He brags about being there for 4 years now, bringing stability to program, and how the kids are so happy. Well the only truth is the 4 years, players no, and 2 kid s 1 who would have started , and other a good back up. Did not play this year, witch has hurt the team. Saying loosing only matters at the end of year , is a joke. What kind of coach says that, one that doesn't have a clue. Last year , when he told a player he forgot about him, cause he had a lot on his mind , is stable . Than I misunderstood , the meaning of the word. So yes , coaching is better (Kidwell) before he came , I was thinking 7 to 8 wins maybe.

Heard after an incident that occurred in the JV game that Greenup refused to shake hands with Lewis before the varsity game. Any truth to this?
I know the JV game was a battle , but I didn't see this . But wasn't really looking for it . I`ve talked to a few Lewis people , they didn't bring it up. Don't know if this helped you?