Everything posted by HoopDreamsCoachQ
-
Taylor County - HUGE transfer?
Definitely. I'm not arguing for or against. Just relaying my understanding of that information. Bottom line is if you get a lawyer, KHSAA will back off any transfer ruling.
-
Taylor County - HUGE transfer?
Tre Hill transferred to his "home school". Per my understanding, in Jefferson County, you can transfer and play without moving if you transfer to your "home school". A byproduct of the open enrollment in Jefferson County.
-
Taylor County - HUGE transfer?
Appears he is also switching AAU teams to play for the Louisville Magic.
-
2016 AAU Rosters
Hearing that David Sloan is now playing with Louisville Magic.
-
Big transfer in the 14th
If you think there's a lot of drama with that kid, wait until you deal with Trace for a while.
-
Taylor County - HUGE transfer?
Louisville Moore. He was there for only the 2012-13 season. Moore 2012/13 Kentucky High School Boys Basketball
-
Taylor County - HUGE transfer?
I agree with all of this.
-
Junior/Senior All Stars?
Saw today that Indiana has already named their junior and senior all star teams for the series against Kentucky. Anyone seen anything about Kentucky's selections? The 2017 class in Kentucky is shaping up to be really good and possibly could compete with Indiana.
-
Taylor County - HUGE transfer?
Gatewood has legal custody of David. Has since before he enrolled at Taylor County.
-
Big transfer in the 14th
No, I think you're thinking of Ramon Collins. He's now at Moore.
-
Taylor County - HUGE transfer?
I have heard this in the works for several weeks. I heard Louisville. Didn't know which school.
-
Big transfer in the 14th
Legitimate question: Has the KHSAA ever not approved a transfer in Eastern Kentucky? It seems like open recruiting at times over there.
-
2016 AAU Rosters
Don't know about this year but last year it was full of Kentucky programs. Next Level, Louisville Magic, West Ky Elite, Manimal and Hoop Dreams were all down there.
-
Big transfer in the 14th
I noticed on Twitter that 2018 G Ramon Mercado has transferred from Cordia to Perry County Central. I believe Mercado is actually from somewhere on the East Coast, joining Philly product Damon Tobler on the Commodore roster. Mercado already holds at least 1 D1 offer. Is that transfer (along with Buckhorn graduating so much talent) going to shift the balance of power back to PCC in the 14th?
-
2016 AAU Rosters
Manimal and Hoop Dreams aren't. I'd be surprised to see Magic or Travelers there. It's likely to be teams like the Hoopsters, Matts Mustangs and Louisville Spartans.
-
2016 AAU Rosters
I would be surprised if any of the shoe circuit teams are at state. At this point, there's too much to lose by playing. If they win state, it's because they're supposed to and if they lose, it's a huge negative for the program across the state and gives smaller programs ammunition to come after the bigger programs. Those teams would be wise to go to Gibbons where they're up against other high profile teams. A deep run there can get you national rankings and coverage for your team. If you ask a kid if they'd rather have an AAU state title or an article from someone like Evan Daniels, I can almost guarantee you they'll take the national exposure every time. On a related note, AAU state should be earlier in the AAU season. Most states have it in late March or first weekend in April.
-
Head Coach Openings
Open 1) Bath County 2) Eminence 3) Grant County 4) Greenwood 5) Harlan 6) Lee County 7) Pikeville 8) Russell 9) Woodford County Filled None
-
2016 AAU Rosters
I haven't seen And 1 since like 2000. Didn't even know it was still around. What's Allen Sportswear?
-
Head Coach Openings
Didn't both use to coach TBC AAU?
-
2016 AAU Rosters
What is TYBA? I have seen several teams listed as playing in it and I've never heard of it.
-
Mr. Basketball 2017
That was intended to be sarcastic. I forget that such things are hard to convey through text alone.
-
2016 AAU Rosters
Was told Sean McNeil is out for the spring portion of AAU with the same injury he had late in the season. Love Brennan Hall. Hope to see him get some college attention this year.
-
Mr. Basketball 2017
Define your criteria for the award. Ultimately, it's a popularity contest. Hollingsworth has the early advantage based on all the coaches aka voters having seen him play well at Rupp this week. David Sloan has the disadvantage of playing at Taylor County, where everyone hates the coach and program and refuse to vote for kids there. No one sees Lovan. And he's unlikely to get to Rupp next year with BG in the way again. CVH and McNeil could cancel each other out if votes are split from NKY voters. Just my thoughts.
-
Dunbar 61 Doss 52 (Sweet 16 Championship)
You must not pay attention to these boards. Cole Von Handorff was named Mr. Basketball for 2017 in 2014.
-
Doss 70 South Laurel 63 (Sweet 16 Semifinals)
Unfortunately fall leagues are illegal in Kentucky. I wish Kentucky would adopt them but no way that football coaches would allow it to happen