Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GrantNKY

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GrantNKY

  1. Yep. Maybe not for some things like going to a store or a restaurant, but once crowds are allowed back fully at sporting events, there’s no way you’re getting in without a digital certificate of vaccination on your phone.
  2. I don’t mean to be blunt about it, but no one really cares now. I’m not sure how it would be any different. It would just be in writing. The fatal flaw isn’t that there isn’t any money in it. The fatal flaw is the 10 conferences wouldn’t agree to it. Nobody is looking out for what’s in the best interest of the sport. In my opinion, what’s in the best interest of the power 5 is to: 1) Equitable TV deals for each conference. 2) Conference realignment and addition of a select group of G5 schools. 3) Equal number of teams in each conference and equal number of conference games. What’s in the best interest of what’s left of the group of 5? Have a group of 5 playoff and call it day.
  3. The literally couldn’t disagree more. No tv company is going to fork over large amounts of money for games nobody outside of that fanbase cares about. College football would be best having a level playing field for the power 5 schools. There are 65 power 5 conferences teams. Add 10 more like UC, BYU, Boise, UCF, App State, etc. and call it a day. Create another division of college football. I just don’t see the point to be honest with you. The Power 5 is broken. The G5 doesn’t have a chance nor should they really have a chance to begin with. Give them their own playoff. I just don’t see how it helps the sport at all. The focus should be on creating parity where it matters.
  4. That’s the point I’m trying to make. The NCAA can only regulate the eligibility of the athletes. They have no power in being able to level the playing field. The FBS conferences hold that power and no one is willing to give ground. That’s the issue.
  5. Not going to lie, I’m confused ??‍♂️ Did you mean Power 5? Because Group of 5 is different than Power 5.
  6. I mean the answer is kind of simple, but some people won’t like it. The Group of 5 needs their own playoff.
  7. This is way more important than anything in all honesty. Look at which conferences have lucrative TV deals and which ones don’t. No team outside of the SEC, Big 10, or ACC has won a title since Texas in 2005. Those conferences are the only ones with great TV deals with their own networks. The Pac 12 has a network, but no one even knows how to get the Pac 12 network so it doesn’t even really count. The Big 12 has nothing, but Texas has the Longhorn network which they hold over the rest of the conference from getting a TV deal. An overall governing body of the sport can tell Texas to kick rocks, the Big 12 can’t. Get everyone in on equal tv deals. Lower the number of scholarship players and increase the number of full scholarship athletes for non revenue generating sports. The conferences will still hold a huge role because I don’t think anyone wants to get rid of conferences, there just needs to be uniformity to level the playing field. But we’ll never get uniformity when the sport is divided so much that 5 parties and I guess you could expand it out to 10 parties, are in a position where they can’t worry about the rest of the sport. The SEC is always going to look out for the SEC, as they should. We need to eliminate that for the betterment of the sport. Every other sport in the world has a governing body looking out for everyone. Hell even college basketball, while not having an official governing body for the sport at least is more regulated by the NCAA so the playing field is more level. College football is my favorite sport, but how it’s run is so backwards to how every other sport in the world.
  8. I agree that college football isn’t perfect. I also want to see the playoff expanded. I don’t believe expanding the playoff is necessarily going to fix the issues. If you want to spread out the talent and increase the parity in the sport this is what has to happen: 1) There needs to be a central governing body for the sport. No longer should each conference get to dictate its own rules. The way the sport is structured right now, the conferences only look out for their own best interests which is what they are paid to do. Take that power away from the conferences. There needs to be an FBS commissioner that makes decisions for the good of the sport as a whole. 2) Reduce the number of scholarship athletes in FBS football. 85 is way too many scholarship athletes. 3) One free transfer rule. Which is already happening. Players should be more empowered to leave if there is a better opportunity for them elsewhere. 4) Expand the playoffs. As I mentioned earlier, I don’t think this solely fixes the issues of the sport but if the other changes happen first, it would assist the efforts to increase parity.
  9. The vaccine has been administered at the OSU Wexner medical center this morning as well. https://twitter.com/osuwexmed/status/1338511370984296455?s=21 We are so close to getting this behind us. We’ve known the vaccines were coming, but it’s great to see them actually taking place now.
  10. How come every single time we get a picture of a UFO it’s blurry as hell? Yeah no kidding it’s unidentifiable it looks like it was taken with the same camera that photographed Lincoln. Almost everything in life here on earth has a perfectly logical explanation. I’ve never seen a picture of a UFO, big foot, Loch Ness monster, etc. that has ever lead me to believe that it’s something extra terrestrial. Don’t get me wrong, its definitely cool to think about, but every single time I say you’re going to have to do better than a blurry image to convince me. It’s 2020. We all take better pictures on our phone every single day that are better than any of these.
  11. @TheDeuce beat me two it! I was literally just getting ready to post that Rex Chapman tweet haha.
  12. Certainly no coincidence that DK Metcalf went off last night after getting told he was no Megatron pregame. We should at least call DK Metcalf in for questioning. That dude isn’t human. Haha
  13. You have my curiosity. What abductees?
  14. How serious could it be if it doesn’t affect anyone other than people like us online talking about it?
  15. With all due respect Ru, this is EXACTLY the type of thing you play games with. It literally harms nobody and is pretty funny when you think about the fact that some high school or college kid has this sitting in his garage laughing his butt off about everyone freaking out over it haha.
  16. How many players are ready after their freshmen year though compared to basketball? I mean we’re really only talking about 1 maybe 2 guys every year in football that are physically ready. Basketballs different because most of the players are able to mature in to high level basketball players even in high school. Football players have to put on in some cases 20-30 pounds before they can even think about playing professionally. It’s just a slower development. I agree that they should be able to just go if they want to and someone’s willing to draft them, but I’m not sure if it would really change anything.
  17. Exactly. The Uber wealthy want the world to be over populated. Over population affects poorer people the most.
  18. There will always be questions about every vaccine as long as moms are still allowed access to Facebook to get their daily access to dangerous anti-vaxxer material. I mean don’t you know JA, that Bill Gates created Covid and the vaccine and is using it because he idolizes Thanos and wants to wipe out half the worlds population? This was an actual post I read yesterday on Facebook about the Covid vaccine.
  19. I’m confused? Would you want pregnant women to be in a study like this? The intent of these studies is that they come with an inherent level of risk because it’s a test. People have to consent to be in the study. What pregnant woman would willingly consent to being a part of this study?
  20. Anything over 50% with enough people in a community taking the vaccine, we will be able to get this under control and back to normal life very quickly.
  21. We have matching basic black and navy ones if that counts haha.
  22. She does not haha she likes neutral colors so black and navy masks go with just about everything. Plus she gets to wear jeans and tennis shoes to work everyday so she’s not too worried about that haha.
  23. I mostly go with reusable except at work. I keep two reusable in my car at all times and just swap them out at the end of the week and wash them. At work I use the disposable ones. I have my own office at work so I don’t have to wear a mask that often at work. I know if I brought one in out of my car I would forget to take it back to my car at the end of the day. Just easier to use to the disposables at work for the convenience. I think between the fiancée and I though, we probably have ~15 reusable masks. It’s amazing how quickly our stockpile of masks built up.
  24. That’s probably best left to a different thread in controversial issues.
  25. 90% isn’t just extraordinarily good, it’s otherworldly good. The average for the flu vaccine every year is around 48%. Depending on distribution, at 90% by the time spring training is over for MLB we are probably looking at life relatively back to normal. I hope we can keep a lot of the safer hygienic practices we’ve learned throughout all of this because we should have been doing them all along, but the thought of being able to attend sporting events in person with the potential for full crowds, normal 5 day a week school in person, tailgating, concerts, etc. if we can just hang on for a little while longer. Keep wearing masks, keep social distancing, etc. for a couple more months we are right on the edge of putting this thing behind us. This has honestly been the best news of 2020 by far.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.