Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GrantNKY

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GrantNKY

  1. GrantNKY replied to TheDeuce's topic in Technology
    Mine is supposed to be delivered on the 5th so I’ll let you know when I get it.
  2. GrantNKY replied to TheDeuce's topic in Technology
    I think you sold me on. Haha I’m going to order one right now.
  3. GrantNKY replied to TheDeuce's topic in Technology
    What’s the battery life like as far as how often do you have to charge it?
  4. GrantNKY replied to TheDeuce's topic in Technology
    I have one and wore it for a while but haven’t recently. I just honestly found myself not using it that much and still did everything on my phone including looking at the time. I’ve been considering a whoop recently though to help track things like sleep and recovery though.
  5. It certainly feels like this is likely the end of the career.
  6. No idea how Tiger is alive after that crash. Reports of likely multiple fractures in his legs. Until we’re able to hear from Tiger though everything will likely be speculation. I will say, Tiger looked horrible this weekend on the golf broadcast. Just got to hope the career of the greatest golfer of all time doesn’t end like this.
  7. I get what you’re saying I just disagree that the options I presented change the sport less. I just wouldn’t be a fan of a rule change as dramatic as moving to a 3 ball walk.
  8. One other thing to consider that would increase the popularity of baseball in my opinion would be the support of legalized gambling in MLB. Both the NBA and NFL are behind legalized gambling. The old school, holier than thou baseball purists would be appalled though so full fledged support of gambling in the MLB will never happen but it should. It would likely take instituting Pete Rose in to the hall of fame first to do that so it will never happen.
  9. There are other sports though that are just as long as a baseball game and nobody ever really cites the length as reasons for not watching those sports. I mean when was the last time baseball was really fun? I think most people would point to the home run chase between Sosa and McGuire. I think we should try to get back to that era of baseball any way we can. Eliminating the shift, lowering the pitchers mounds, universal DH, and moving the fences in a bit I think are all ideas to increase action that don’t fundamentally change the game.
  10. Does the game need to speed up? I truly don’t believe that’s the issue. Lack of offense and superstars is the issue. Id make the mound flatter before I changed something drastic like going to 3 balls.
  11. I have never believed that the time and pace of the game is the issue. Golf is going through a resurgence right now and as much as I love golf there is no slower and longer sport than golf. The issue is the MLB just has no idea how to market themselves at all. It starts with offense. As a guy that grew up playing catcher my whole life, pitchers suck. They need to stop caring so much what pitchers think. Move the fences in, juice the balls(more), and anything else that generates offense.
  12. Recruiting was already a blast on this game in 2014. They have to have a transfer portal. It will make recruiting that much more electrifying. Going to have to take 2 QBs in every class because one will inevitably transfer. If you’re coach is at Tennessee instead of allocating points to a recruit you allocate McDonald’s meals. For a recruit you really want you send a Big Mac or a double quarter pounder and if you only kind of like a recruit you get him just a single cheeseburger. At Clemson instead of points you have to wait and see how much money is put in the second collection plate at New Spring Church that week. At LSU you have to decide which Children’s hospital to use. Also, just to limit my bias towards Ohio State, at OSU you have to recruit tattoo shops around Columbus to get the best deals for players selling their team issued gear.
  13. If EA tries to make this a copy of Madden but just with college teams instead of making it an updated version of NCAA 14, they will have started a revolt. This is arguably going to be the most anticipated sports video game of all time. Everyone wants the same exact thing. If they don’t do that, it will be an absolute disaster.
  14. Huge day! The NCAA games were the best sports video games of all time. I am remaining optimistic that EA isn’t going to screw this new iteration of NCAA Football up like they have screwed up Madden. The last game they put out was NCAA Football 2014 and that game is literally perfect. It needs updated graphics, stadiums, uniforms, coaches, postseason, etc. and some slight tweaks to the User Interface. But the nuts and bolts of that game is perfect. The Dynasty modes were phenomenal and recruiting was arguably as fun if not more fun that playing a game was.
  15. Yeah but Deuce what would doctors know about masks being effective? Haha
  16. Umm yeah. That’s absolutely enough for me to wear one. Why isn’t it enough for you? It’s the most minor inconvenience imaginable. It takes zero effort and impacts your life zero. Being frustrated because things are shut down, no events, etc. is understandable. We’re all frustrated by that and everyone wants to be able to live their normal life again. Being frustrated by having to wear a mask because you don’t think it’s effective enough? I just don’t understand that at all.
  17. So you think the masks work for the flu but not for Covid even though they are spread in the exact same way? I think it was @Voice of Reason who quoted the other day, “Only a sith speaks in absolutes.” We’re not dealing with absolutes. Its not masks work 100% of the time. They don’t. But just because something doesn’t work 100% of the time doesn’t mean it doesn’t work at all. That’s the grey area. That’s why it takes a communal effort to slow this down.
  18. No we absolutely can’t agree on that. Covid is not the flu. Covid is similar to the flu in that it’s an airborne, respiratory virus. That’s why the masks work. The masks aren’t perfect. Nobody ever said they were perfect. But they 100%, without a doubt, work. The numbers for Covid would be astronomical without masks. You can use the low flu numbers this year to people wearing masks. It’s not like the flu just isn’t happening this year, it is. The flu numbers are just at record lows. That doesn’t mean we can’t be better at wearing masks still. People are wearing masks and as a result we are having a low flu season and Covid numbers are way lower than they would be without the masks. But as Deuce has mentioned, despite the high percentage of mask usage, it’s not an exact science. Masks aren’t always worn correctly. We aren’t wearing them at home or in gatherings with close friends and family. But again that doesn’t mean that they don’t work and you can point to the flu this as direct evidence of that.
  19. Weaker flu strain. It’s a weak flu season in general because of the other precautions being taken to prevent Covid. We’ve never seen flu numbers like this before. It’s just a mere coincidence that in the year of Covid that we have record breakingly low flu numbers? I don’t know about that one brother.
  20. It’s an extremely weak flu season. We are wearing masks and social distancing. You don’t believe that there’s a correlation between these two events?
  21. Pre 2020 -The flu was an issue 2020 -Covid is an issue -We have mask mandates -Covid is still a problem but we have no idea how much bigger of an issue that it would be without masks at all - The Flu isn’t an issue So the flu which in normal years is a big issue. The flu is not as bad as Covid but is spread in the same manner. I don’t see how people can logically say in the same breath that the flu not being a problem isn’t almost definitive proof that masks clearly mitigate a lot of the risks of contagious airborne diseases. The proof is right in front of you. Masks work. Nobody is saying they’re perfect. But if you can’t extrapolate the data on the flu this year and the extra precautions we are taking to prevent a very similar but more impactful disease and not come to the conclusion that these precautions are clearly mitigating the risks, I don’t know what to say. It’s as baffling to me as someone saying the answer to 1+1 is 3.
  22. Wouldn’t you say that this is kind of proof that masks work in at least some regard? Obviously it’s not perfect, but it definitely helps a lot.
  23. I don’t know how you feel JA, but if we can take what we’re going to do with Covid as far as vaccinations and apply it to the flu so we can dramatically decrease the number of flu victims every year I’m all for it. Obviously, the flu isn’t as bad as Covid but it’s still a big issue in normal years. Might as well kill 2 birds with one stone.
  24. I don’t see why not. We all have our phones on us 24/7 anyways. It’s like flying nowadays. Most people have their boarding passes on their phone. It’s as simple as opening your phone and pulling up your certificate. I guess you could have a paper copy of your certificate at all times as well but just pulling it up on your phone is certainly easier. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it personally. It’s not really any specific medical history stuff when everyone else has it as well. Maybe I’m taking it to the extreme, I just don’t really feel like we’re going back to what everyone was pre Covid. Some things are here to stay and I think mandatory vaccinations for things like Covid and the flu should be part of everyday life going forward. I’ve been fortunate to not have Covid (too my knowledge. But I had the flu two winters ago and anything to keep me feeling like that again, I’m totally for. Everyone getting vaccinated dramatically increases that possibility.
  25. I mean kids have to get all kinds of shots when they reach school age anyways. I don’t see how the flu or Covid would be any different.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.