Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Apple Watch

Featured Replies

I'm contemplating buying an Apple Watch, have been for a while really. What are some pros and cons for those that have one? Do you actually use it a lot? Do you think it's worth the money?

My son has an Apple Watch and likes it.  I have a Fitbit Charge 3 and I am happy with that.  I use my iPhone for everything else (like Apple Pay).

I have one and wore it for a while but haven’t recently. I just honestly found myself not using it that much and still did everything on my phone including looking at the time. I’ve been considering a whoop recently though to help track things like sleep and recovery though. 

I stopped wearing a watch back in the early 2000's because my cell phone had replaced it as my way to check time. 7 or 8 years ago, I bought a fitness tracker to mostly keep track of my activity, and to give me an idea of how active I was. When that original tracker died, I ponied up and bought an Apple watch. I currently have Series 4, and I ALWAYS wear it. Besides tracking my activity levels, it can do so much more. So many of the little things I used to use my phone for, I can now use my watch. It's especially great around the house or at work, when you don't want to have your phone stuffed in your pocket all the time. It's especially great to be able to answer a call or return a text when your phone is in another room. I own several bands that I switch in and out depending on how dressed up I need to be, and I use a few different clock faces depending on what I'm doing at the time. My only complaint is battery life. I can't get more than a day and a half without needing to charge, which isn't bad under normal circumstances, but can be a pain if you are traveling. I was honestly surprised at how useful it is, and how much I use it. I thought initially it was a luxury item, but it really is a great tool, and I'm lost without it. It is so much more useful than just a regular watch.

20 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

I have one and wore it for a while but haven’t recently. I just honestly found myself not using it that much and still did everything on my phone including looking at the time. I’ve been considering a whoop recently though to help track things like sleep and recovery though. 

I have a Whoop. Big fan.

And the reason I got the Whoop - aside from its advanced metrics - was for anxiety reasons. I knew if I had a typical fitness watch I would be obsessed with looking down at my "rings" or monitoring my calories burned step-by-step.

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

I have a Whoop. Big fan.

And the reason I got the Whoop - aside from its advanced metrics - was for anxiety reasons. I knew if I had a typical fitness watch I would be obsessed with looking down at my "rings" or monitoring my calories burned step-by-step.

What’s the battery life like as far as how often do you have to charge it? 

8 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

What’s the battery life like as far as how often do you have to charge it? 

Five or six days. What is sleek about it is it comes with a battery pack. So you charge it, then slide it over your Whoop (wrist) so you don't have to take it off. Charges super quick, too.

I have junk drawer at home which has at least 3 or 4 watches that I don't wear anymore which I purchased on cruises in duty free shops!

On 2/26/2021 at 10:11 AM, bugatti said:

Five or six days. What is sleek about it is it comes with a battery pack. So you charge it, then slide it over your Whoop (wrist) so you don't have to take it off. Charges super quick, too.

I think you sold me on. Haha I’m going to order one right now. 

  • Author
4 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

I think you sold me on. Haha I’m going to order one right now. 

I just bought one. ?

7 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

I think you sold me on. Haha I’m going to order one right now. 

 

2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I just bought one. ?

Hit me up once you got 'em and I will start a team for us.

  • Author
5 minutes ago, bugatti said:

 

Hit me up once you got 'em and I will start a team for us.

I just realized he meant a Whoop, not an Apple Watch. Whoops. 

8 minutes ago, bugatti said:

 

Hit me up once you got 'em and I will start a team for us.

Mine is supposed to be delivered on the 5th so I’ll let you know when I get it. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.