Everything posted by Sandbagger
-
NKY D1 QB History
Bardo plays for Dayton and Clyde is correct
-
Trinity/Highlands Scrimmage
Sorry, I thought you were serious. I'm a bit touchy after reading posts from Heartbreaker...my bad. Hope everyone from T is injury free after Friday so they can win the GCL again.
-
Trinity/Highlands Scrimmage
Where did this come from? If you read the entire thread nobody on here has said anything abt T sucking...give me a break, I would think a mod would know better after 42,000 posts. Please read b4 posting.
-
Trinity/Highlands Scrimmage
Same as last year...regulation for the majority of the time.
-
Trinity/Highlands Scrimmage
It would be ironic if the same fans taking offense were the ones making such a claim about other teams. With me that is not the case, never have I posted that Highlands was on a diff level... Hey Heartbreaker how did things go last time the Birds visited Whitley Co.?
-
Trinity/Highlands Scrimmage
I don't think anyone but you mentioned anything about a "level", but I doubt any T fans think beating Highlands in a scrimmage or being on the field competing with them is a slap in the face. I don't know how many teams in KY would agree to play or scrimmage T, but the Birds do so to get better. What "facts" are you referring too b/c last I checked Highlands has a lot of wins & state titles to go with spanning decades of success. What facts? Way off base.
-
Trinity/Highlands Scrimmage
I will be there. I assume both teams will use numerous subs, but there is supposed to be time for JV & freshmen at the end. If I remember correctly there is a 3 hr time limit to a scrimmage. I know there is an 8 man officiating crew working the game, so the refs will be subbing as well. There is a normal 5 man crew and 3 newer guys getting reps too.
-
Highlands 2012
Let's play a game first...you sound like UK#1 fan. It is definitely game week at Highlands & there is a lot of work to be done before Friday!
- Highlands Freshman Football 2012
-
Trinity ranked No. 13 in Super 25 preseason football poll
Shouldn't Trinity at least be in the top 5? I know strength of schedule can't be holdin them back.
-
Highlands 2012
8/17 vs. Boyle Co. 8/24 vs. Scott Co. - replacing Dixie here as they decided to drop Highlands after last yrs Game on T.V.
-
Highlands 2012
FTJFL starts in 3rd grade
-
Highlands 2012
You are correct on the '91 season. I always mix up the football season yr with the graduation yr of the senior class. I am pretty sure he was kicking varsity as a frosh at some point.
-
Highlands 2012
Yes, in 1992 Coach Duffy brought up freshman Matt Huddleston to kick varsity. He did a nice job nailing overtime field goals to beat Newport & Newport Catholic that season. Both games were played at Newport Stadium.
-
Highlands 2012
Why is there always talk abt HHS playing SK? The 2 teams have not played each other in a long time. I'm pretty sure there has been no contract offer from either school, but I think HHS makes it clear that they are willing to play any team. If I remember correctly Coach Marksberry & one of the HHS coaches were room mates at Hanover or at least teammates, so I would think a possible game has been discussed at some point. So whomever "bulldog" is, he is wrong. I am sure SK will have a good team this season & both programs will survive not playing one another again this year...
-
Highlands 2012
DB's will be fine they have Murray, Heck, & Streeter returning + these guys are getting reps against a very good WR corps everyday in practice.
-
Highlands 2012
I knew I'd forget someone, but I doubt anyone goes both ways...
-
Highlands 2012
Agreed. It should be fun to watch...We will know more on 8/17 vs. Scott Co.
-
Highlands 2012
Keep in mind that when I start listing names that I will surely forget somebody, probably even a starter or two, but here goes... OL- T Whitford G Thome C Dee G Schweitzer T Turner, Grimm, or K. Kramer for the other spot. Also, cannot count out Saunders, Lemmons, & Thurston from last yrs JV line. LB - Wrobleski, Paolucci & with Bardo & Abner looking good in the defensive backfield You may see Schutte, Cochran, or Kruse at LB, but thing change almost daily as guys start rising to the top as pads change things DB - Murray, Streeter, Abner, Bardo, Heck...but as I said Im SURE Ive forgotten someone I don't know as much abt the D b/c Coach W is always close to the vest with his personnel moves...That being said he will put the best on the field regardless. I guess Brockett is early favorite at K and Mettens at P, but I only say that b/c they were the JV starters last yr. Birds are really strong at OL, RB, and WR IMO
-
Highlands 2012
I have to think if he does not get the starting job he will be JV QB, but also look for him to start at another position for varsity games as well. He is just to good to watch from the sidelines as strictly the back up QB.
-
Highlands 2012
Agreed. He is a good RB in a seemingly crowded backfield. He could easily score 10 or more.
-
Highlands 2012
He's on the list with the RB's.
-
Highlands 2012
The skill positions are stocked: McCoy vs. Houliston at QB (Hoge JV) Seidl, Harris, Hayes, Donovan, Urlage at RB (I'm sure I forgot someone) Turner, Greene, Christian, Collinsworth, Hergott, Weyer, and more at WR (I know I forgot some here) True at TE 6'6 approx 235
- Highlands Freshman Football 2012
-
Highlands 2012
Pads were on guys today in FT....2-a-days start tomorrow a.m. O-line is looking good. For once Coach Turner has a big line filled with game tested vets. He may be the most underrated coach in KY. The receiving corps is deep and should be another strength on O.