Everything posted by bearcatbb23
-
David McFarland new coach at Ryle
Agreed, they are both solid coaches. But, just because you played college basketball doesn't make you the "right" choice. Mick Cronin is a head coach of a team that has went to the NCAA tournament 3 years in a row and didn't play 1 minute of college basketball.
-
David McFarland new coach at Ryle
I don't think they are disappointed in who was hired, but that they were told Friday that he still had to interview people for the job and then Saturday it's reported by Walter that he hired someone.
-
David McFarland new coach at Ryle
I do agree personally that it's best to start fresh and have an entire new staff. When you tell the kids on Friday at 3:00 that you will be conducting interviews for the JV job and then Saturday night it is on a message board he has hired a JV coach it is not the way to build trust with your players. I agree Margrave would have been a solid choice
-
David McFarland new coach at Ryle
Wow! The players will be disappointed. David had told them at the players meeting on Friday that they were going to interview for the JV job. A lot of the players were really hoping either Coach Williams or Coach Hostettler would be back.
-
Ryle head coach
I think you're right. Mullins said he had problems with him, but did say that the principal Turner did like him though.
-
Ryle head coach
I'd be totally shocked if it was Grammer. It sounds as if he left on bad terms. He applied last year for the JV job they had and didn't get it according to Mullins.
-
Ryle head coach
Clyde is correct. Demler has handled this well. He has spoken to a few players that have asked about who their coach will be, but given no specific names.
-
Ryle head coach
Well said Walter. These coaches are more than just coaches for these kids. My nephew struggled with some stuff away from basketball this season and his JV coach and assistant coach were tremendous in helping him on and off the court. His exact words to me was Coach Hostetler and Coach Williams care about us as people more than winning. I know he would do anything for those coaches. Coaches get bashed way to much and not given enough credit for all the work they do for the kids that parents and fans do not see. There isn't a coach or referee that deserves to be blasted on a message board by someone that is not with them everyday at practice and games. The parents at Ryle felt the same way for the assistants and JV coach at Ryle. I have faith in the Ryle staff to choose the best person for the kids, which is what high school sports are all about.
-
Is There A Parent/Coach Issue at Boone County?
I have seen Coach Downs coach multiple times. I think his teams always play very hard for him and he seems to make good in game adjustments. I've always thought his teams were well prepared for games. I do think he's over the top when it comes to officials and how he can lay into a kid. The game at Ryle this year he went overboard with the officials at the end of the game when his team was beat. I think all in all he seems to be good for the Boone program. Some coaches just do things differently. We do not have to like it, but if the kids get better and compete at the varsity level he is doing his job as a JV coach.
-
Who will replace Alan Mullins at Ryle?
Why are you so defensive? I'm just stating my opinion and those of the players that my nephew hangs with. He and about 4 of his teammates all feel the same about Bowman. If you knew anything about JV basketball it's about developing and not winning. Blevins and Sullivan have developed.
-
Who will replace Alan Mullins at Ryle?
Agreed
-
Who will replace Alan Mullins at Ryle?
I have watched both coach a lot in the last 3 years and Blevins is far superior than Bowman in my mind. Better game manager, better sideline demeanor and way better handling officials. The kids would be happy with Blevins, most of them has said they would be very disappointed if Ryle hires Bowman
-
Is Ryle Looking For A New Coach?
I think Snapp is the perfect fit if he is interested.
-
Is Ryle Looking For A New Coach?
This post was wrong on the JV Coach at Ryle. I'm not sure his first name, but his last name is Hostetler. He is a scout for the White Sox as well, so you can rule him out
-
Is Ryle Looking For A New Coach?
My nephew said today they have heard a lot of names already. He liked Mulins as a person he said. He really liked the assistant and the JV coach. Said they were great.
-
Job Openings
Wow! Good find. Thanks
-
Job Openings
Mullins
-
Job Openings
When did this happen? Because as of last night he was still the coach.
-
Covington Catholic 52 Ryle 30
I have a nephew on the team and he said it was ugly last night. I feel awful for the kids. I was not at the game but talk to him when he got home. He said he loves the other players and coaches but has a tough time playing for Mullins. I hope it works out best for the kids.
-
9th Region District Tournament Previews
Yeah, they flipped it. TC won 63-40
-
9th Region District Tournament Previews
I was at the game last night. Ryle lost to Tates Creek.
-
JV Regional Tournament
The Final Four is: Boone/Cooper winner vs Conner and Holmes vs SK Holmes beat NCC and then Holmes beat Ryle to advance to Final Four.
-
Holmes 43 Newport Central Catholic 39 (JV Regional)
Holmes plays Ryle, but since they counted their regular season game as the tourney game Holmes advances to play SK in the Final Four
-
Rule question: Slapping the backboard
I understand the backboards are not, but by slapping them they cause the basket to move. I have seen it happen about 3 times in about 18 games this year. It does not happen much I agree, but the backboards that hand from the ceiling will move when slapped
-
Rule question: Slapping the backboard
I've never undertood how it is not ruled BI. When the backboard is slapped and causes the basket to move from the position it was in when the player shot the ball in my mind that is BI. I know the rule states otherwise, but I think this one needs looked at