Everything posted by nkufan88
-
6A: Simon Kenton/Ryle Predictions
SK 31 Ryle 14
-
6A: Simon Kenton/Ryle Predictions
Ryle has played close games against sub par competition...
-
6A: Simon Kenton/Ryle Predictions
If SK wins it all its quite possible the bulldog could get a motion picture in the works:thumb: All in all its a good plot I have to applaud your child like imagination, it would be a good Disney movie :clap: Get your popcorn ready :popcorn:
-
Simon Kenton 21 Henry Clay 19
Couldn't agree more Lawrence is nothing without his studly recievers, just as his recievers are nothing without him imo...Lawrence isn't alone, it's Lawrence and Co. thats the entire offense...SK doesn't need a rb this year Lawrence is the rb and the qb, but the SK wr's are very special players...On many occasions Lawrence just chucks the ball and his recievers go and snag it making everyone look good...I got too give props to Wink for that big reception last night, hes just physically bigger than most db's...
-
6A: Simon Kenton/Ryle Predictions
Saying that Campbell has better recievers than SK is far fetched...It's like saying Cory Crane for SK is a better running back than Travis Elliot for Ryle, with no intention of knocking high school players some are just simply better than others it's a fact...SK has more than just Winkler at Wide-out...The Campbell Recievers may have racked up more yards but they also have no running game...SK does have a running game it just happens to be their QB...
-
6A: Simon Kenton/Ryle Predictions
No Ryle has improved but SK has already seen the improved Ryle...See Ryle improved after weeks 5 and 6 and almost losing to Cooper and Campbell County...After those two very competitive games against sub par competition (respectively) the Ryle Coach said to himself, "Hey I have a pretty decent QB on my team don't I, maybe I need to stop giving the ball to my stud RB every possession". So that takes us too week 7 where the Raiders faced the Neers and finally presented the competition with a balanced mix of Elliot pounding it up the gut and Hempel both Running and Throwing the ball effectively to keep defenses off balance...So yes Ryle improved their offense so that it is was no longer one dimensional because they knew that after almost losing two games in a row that they were supposed to win convincingly, they might not be so lucky against much stiffer competition in the Neers...The key Ryle struggle was handing the ball off to Elliot every time, that was fixed after week 6 which is why Ryle was able to beat SK and beat the Birdies the second time around...However SK was still trying to piece together a struggling O-Line and figure out what their strength is and that's now been figured out to be their Defense while all season long they thought it was their Offense...:thumb:
-
6A: Simon Kenton/Ryle Predictions
So it is possible then?
-
6A: Simon Kenton/Ryle Predictions
The point is Ryle will not run against SK I don't care who they are or what their names are they won't be picking up too much yardage running the ball...I said Hempel is a very capable passer so we will see, IMO they will need him to produce through the air to win this game...SK has shut down the running attack all year no matter who they play, Cooper and HC were supposed to run well but it didn't happen...I think Elliot had one long run in the first game, which is why I give Ryle 14 points I figure Elliot to break a couple in this game...If I remember correctly that Ryle pass defense was shredded up pretty well last time these two teams played, difference in this game SK's defense is so much improved it's been an amazing transformation...
-
6A: Simon Kenton/Ryle Predictions
I'm being entirely realistic Ryle will manage 14 points in my opinion...We will see, I've been serving a lot of crow lately...
-
Simon Kenton 21 Henry Clay 19
Maybe 4500 the stadium seats 3600...
-
Simon Kenton 21 Henry Clay 19
Ryle 38 SK 35 in Overtime...
-
Simon Kenton 21 Henry Clay 19
C'mon Clyde put your Boots on and get your Popcorn a poppin...The funhouse that is the 6A: Simon Kenton/Ryle Prediction thread is just getting started:popcorn:
-
6A: Simon Kenton/Ryle Predictions
I think we see the Travis Elliot show shut down early by SK forcing Ryle to be successful throwing the ball...SK will stop the run in this game and Ryle fans better hope Hempel is on target (which he is fully capable of). It will be interesting to see the weather forecast for next Friday, I believe this plays more into this game than the teams themselves as both teams are even IMO. A night like yesterday favors the Neers and their spread speed attack, however if it's nasty cold like the first round games Ryle will have an advantage with their bruising RB even though I still believe SK takes him out of the game early...Another difference I see in SK's advantage is they have faced much stronger competition in the first rounds and have had to play close games and battle making them battle tested and ready for war...On the other hand I'm not sure if Ryle's last two games might hurt them against SK as it will be a war and Ryle won't simply be able to do whatever they want....I see SK attempting lots of passes to their stud Wide-outs and shredding the Raiders through the air, thus opening up the running game for Lawrence much like SK did against HC...Chad Lawrence is a warrior and will not lose to Ryle twice in one season ending his High School career...Chad and the Neers will at least get one more game against Trinity...SK 31 RYLE 14
-
6A: Simon Kenton/Ryle Predictions
The much anticipated rematch is now officially scheduled for FRI Nov 19th...Ryle beat SK in OT last time they played each other earlier in the season...These teams are pretty even IMO on offense but Ryle has a slight edge because they have Travis Elliot...On the other hand after seeing SK against Henry Clay their is no way Ryle has a better defensive unit, they may be almost equal but nobody in NKY is better...That's right I said NKY, thoughts and predictions on this game?
-
Simon Kenton 21 Henry Clay 19
SK is in the third round of the playoffs no matter how you put it...One things for sure SK knows how to win tight games and they will be prepared for another one next Fri at Ryle...SK is becoming a more of a defensive juggernaut nowadays compared to the offensive juggernaut we were accustomed to seeing earlier in the year...I think I once heard a saying Defense wins Championships, well that probably isn't true lol but it is nice to have a reliable defense at this point in the year...SK has seen speed and they have seen power, speed being HC power being Ryle who beat SK in OT by 3...FRIDAY night will be a barn burner...
-
Simon Kenton 21 Henry Clay 19
SK dominated a 2 pt game if that is possible...The so called HC potent offense had a flat tire from the start, the SK defense was swarming and motivated...Penalties, unnecessary ones kept this game close and had HC believing till the final whistle...One could argue Ryle is playing better ball, but one could also argue Ryle had a much easier road to get where they are(which they earned by beating SK in ot) and I am glad that SK has been battle tested and will be ready for another big battle fri...I love how these boys fight through adversity!
-
Simon Kenton 21 Henry Clay 19
Once again the SK kids prove about two-thirds of bgp posters wrong and earn the right to fight against the Raiders next fri...A win is a win that's all that matters, go Neers! Crow anyone:ylsuper:
-
6A Simon Kenton/Henry Clay Updates
Like I said here we go Grizz...
-
6A Simon Kenton/Henry Clay Updates
Wait and see grizzly...
-
6A Simon Kenton/Henry Clay Updates
HC is really struggling with the two plays that exist in their playbook...HC out speeds teams but SK is just swarming to the ball...Anything can happen but unless HC finds a QB that can pass in the second half this game may get ugly...
-
6A Simon Kenton/Henry Clay Updates
Good job Neerfan i'll let you man the updates...Side note SK is now shredding HC and the SK defense is flat out nasty
-
6A Simon Kenton/Henry Clay Updates
Lawrence td pass to Rabe...SK 14 HC 7
-
6A Simon Kenton/Henry Clay Updates
Lawrence td pass...SK 7 HC 7...4 min left in 2nd
-
Best athlete in NKY History that you remember, Not best player just Athlete?
I forgot to say basketball only but that is what I meant in creating this thread in the basketball forum...
-
High School Football..Dave Cantrall's Ratings
I am an SK fan but even non SK fans you would think consider SK in the top ten...I cant see how people wouldn't include them over Ballard, SK only loses one game in the state and its an OT loss by 3 to Ryle and their not a top ten team?