Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cubs 2012

Over or under 71 wins? 11 members have voted

  1. 1. Over or under 71 wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Now I know there will be jokes, but let's attempt to have real discussions :lol:

 

Cubs won just 71 games last year. I'm afraid I won't know who half the opening day roster if it walked in my living room. Several familiar faces are gone and I'm sure Garza will be gone at some point before the trade deadline. I'm not sure what to expect but I'm guessing it's going to be a very long year. I know there is a few Cub fans on here and a ton of NL central fans.

 

I predict 68 wins. What say you? Over or under last season's win total of 71?

Now I know there will be jokes, but let's attempt to have real discussions :lol:

 

Oh, maaaaan....!!!

I bet "over", just because they can't be THAT bad 2 years in a row, can they?

I bet "over", just because they can't be THAT bad 2 years in a row, can they?
Yes they can. But I think Castro is a future star so they have one bright spot...though it will be hard to find.
  • Author
I bet "over", just because they can't be THAT bad 2 years in a row, can they?

 

Gonna be a year of growing pains...lots of pains! But they got some good young guys/prospects for the future. Theo did what had to be done. Blow up completely and start over...

I say just slightly under. It's going to be a long long year.

Epstein inherited a team with a bleak short-term outlook, but he has made some moves to try and get younger and bring in some young talent. Until they are rid of the horrible contracts and build up the farm system, 80 wins is the ceiling.

Until they are rid of the horrible contracts and build up the farm system, 80 wins is the ceiling.

 

Until that happens 80 wins is a pipe dream...

Until that happens 80 wins is a pipe dream...
Like I said, the ceiling ...
Like I said, the ceiling ...

 

More like the galaxy. Even I can touch a 10' ceiling with a 3' step ladder... :D

I wasn't necessarily talking this season, either, but probably the next two or three. Some of those contracts aren't going away soon.

  • Author

I think 2014 will be the earliest they'll be able to compete.

I'm taking the under. I think with some of the talent in the minors (Rizzo, Jackson) there are some bright spots. I have a feeling that we will be seeing a very young Cubs team by July. I also don't expect Soriano to make it the whole season with the Cubs trading him and then eating a majority of whats left of his huge contract.

  • Author

I don't see Soriano making it the whole year, especially if he gets hot, which he tends to do in stretches.

 

I was watching MLB Network and they had the Cubs picked to finish 4th in the Central with 74 wins. They kinda remind me of the Reds a few years back with lots of young talent, but inexperienced...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.