Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Next steps for Bengals and Simpson?

Featured Replies

Sorry CC, I don't fall into either category. I have been a long-time critic of Chad. There's a big difference between not running crisp routes and the wrong routes. Some/many of

Dalton's picks were due to Simpson and Caldwell running the wrong route. As far as people giving Dalton a pass, perhaps you're referring to the Bengal WR coach (can't recall his name) that said as much during the season.

 

I was speaking in terms of Cincinnati fans as a whole, not you in particular, Banana Slug. :thumb:

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Forget the criminal charges - he absolutely stinks. It took him 4 years to get on the field and then it was because the Bengals had no other option. He can't run routes consistently. He can't catch the ball. I can't remember the exact stat but he was one of the worst in the league at % of passes caught. The guy is horrible as a receiver. I will take anyone over him next year.

 

Marvin Lewis even said he messed up by not giving Simpson a chance earlier in his career. A coach has to play a guy for him to get a chance, and back then we had receivers in front of him. Veteran receivers at that. Since he has actually played he has I believe 5 one hundred yard games in 18 games. This year he played with a rookie QB who started to get in a bad habit of only looking at Green. I was at 6 of the Bengal home games this year, and there were A LOT of times when Simpson was open however Dalton was looking only at Green. I am not saying he is a stud either, but not as bad as you make him out to be. He would be good to sign back as a #4, and now being in his second year in this offense. Be really good to have if Green gets hurt. In the three games Simpson went into the game being the #1 receiver he ended up having over 100 yards in all three of them. So when he is getting looked at, he has done well.

Spot on. The bad far outweighs the good. His poor routes or reads probably caused half of Dalton's picks.

 

That would not be true. If you go back and look at the games, people will see that most of Dalton's picks came when he threw to Caldwell. However in Cincy once people make their mind up about thinking someone sucks, their is no changing it usually. Which people had their mind made up on Simpson before last year even began.

Thats the thing you wouldn't be building your team around him. He will be for cheap, he is not a guy who is a big trouble maker IMO. He is someone who got busted for something probably most NFL players do. He is someone who had to wait his chance for years because at first having to learn an offense, than not having a spot because of guys like Chad, TJ, Owens, etc in front of him. He showed what he could do in two games in a system that he had learned in his last two games with Brat. Then last year in a new system in his first year as a starter he had some very good moments, and obviously bad moments. I think so many people look at like well he was a 2nd round pick, so since he hasn't produced means he needs to be gone now. He was only given one year to actually do that, and is worth signing him back IMO since he will be cheap. Sign him back to be your #4 and go from there.

 

I don't doubt his talent. I got killed on here many years ago when I said ship Chad Johnson away. People said keep him around. Finally he wore out his welcome. Go look at Super Bowl winners the past 10 or so years. They don't put up with crap like Simpson. He was selling drugs. Might be the type of guy you want in your lockeroom not the kind of guy I want in mind. Just different philosophies. I get where you're coming from. He's talented+cheap in your eyes. In my eyes he has a dream job playing in the NFL and he put himself WAY before his team by selling drugs. In the NFL that's don't let the door hit you in the rear in my book. Especially with Ciny's past. They have been the laughing stock of the NFL for YEARS for building around criminals. They are finally shaking that terrible reputation with a nucleus of great young talent that don't need a drug dealer in the lockeroom with them.

Chad is ten times the receiver Simpson is ... literally.

 

Chad 766 receptions for over 11,000 yards.

 

Simpson 71 receptions for 1,000 yards.

 

Chad had seven seasons better than what Simpson has done in his 4 year career. Chad has 6 pro bowls in his career. And the INT's that were Chad's fault still happened to Palmer in Oakland with no Chad running the wrong routes. I think the Chad poor route running was not nearly as big an issue as the Chad haters made it out to be.

I think the Chad poor route running was not nearly as big an issue as the Chad haters made it out to be.

 

Yeah, successful quarterbacks have WRs who run willy nilly all the time. :rolleyes:

Yeah, successful quarterbacks have WRs who run willy nilly all the time. :rolleyes:

 

Carson Palmer threw far more INT's per attempt in Oakland than he did in Cincinnati. He owns a lot more of the INT issue at the end of his time in Cincinnati than Chad, TO, etc. I am not saying Chad didn't run bad routes and/or lose focus those last couple years. But the Chad haters want to put it all on him and I say those INT's were on Carson much more than Chad.

That would not be true. If you go back and look at the games, people will see that most of Dalton's picks came when he threw to Caldwell. However in Cincy once people make their mind up about thinking someone sucks, their is no changing it usually. Which people had their mind made up on Simpson before last year even began.

 

As I said a couple posts ago , Simpson and Caldwell. If you have information that contradicts my point, you may want to share it with the Bengals WR coach. He directly pointed out Simpson and Caldwell. I have been a supporter of Simpson and couldn't believe that he didn't deserve more PT ahead of Caldwell two years ago. He may be worth keeping as a #4, but IMHO, not as a starter. I believe Binns will be the #2 when the season starts. With Dalton at QB, I think they need predictable and concise route runners.

I don't doubt his talent. I got killed on here many years ago when I said ship Chad Johnson away. People said keep him around. Finally he wore out his welcome. Go look at Super Bowl winners the past 10 or so years. They don't put up with crap like Simpson. He was selling drugs. Might be the type of guy you want in your lockeroom not the kind of guy I want in mind. Just different philosophies. I get where you're coming from. He's talented+cheap in your eyes. In my eyes he has a dream job playing in the NFL and he put himself WAY before his team by selling drugs. In the NFL that's don't let the door hit you in the rear in my book. Especially with Ciny's past. They have been the laughing stock of the NFL for YEARS for building around criminals. They are finally shaking that terrible reputation with a nucleus of great young talent that don't need a drug dealer in the lockeroom with them.

 

You wouldn't have an NFL team is you got rid of every play on drugs or selling drugs. Simpson got busted, however I would be willing to bet good money and probably would be a rich man if I was able to bet on it that the majority of players in the NFL are involved in drugs in one way or another. If I heard right this is the first time in his life he has gotten in trouble with the law, he is not like some other people who were also getting in trouble in high school, college,etc. He is just more of a guy who had bad luck and got busted, unlike most of the guys in the NFL. Which even if people are not dealing, if they are just doing it they probably are still sharing it some with friends still. So as I said you wouldn't have a team then most likely if you wanted no guys at all who were involved in that stuff in anyway. If he was a guy who has a history of being trouble, then I would agree with you. However he is not, and is a guy who could get for cheap to be your #4 not #2 and would be a very good #4 to have. Not to mention the fact that he did get busted, probably helps even more in keeping a clean lockerroom. He is now on probation for three years and probably would do serious time if he does it again. So he probably would be the most clean guy in the lockerroom now.

As I said a couple posts ago , Simpson and Caldwell. If you have information that contradicts my point, you may want to share it with the Bengals WR coach. He directly pointed out Simpson and Caldwell. I have been a supporter of Simpson and couldn't believe that he didn't deserve more PT ahead of Caldwell two years ago. He may be worth keeping as a #4, but IMHO, not as a starter. I believe Binns will be the #2 when the season starts. With Dalton at QB, I think they need predictable and concise route runners.

 

Take up what with the WR's coach. I am not arguing that he ran inconsistent routes, no doubt about that. No doubt about it that his 6 drops this year hurt too. However you stated that probably half or more of Daltons interceptions was because of him was wrong. You can go back and look at the games, and who alot of his passes were intended too that were picked off. Caldwell was one of the main guys when it came to that, not Simpson.

Carson Palmer threw far more INT's per attempt in Oakland than he did in Cincinnati. He owns a lot more of the INT issue at the end of his time in Cincinnati than Chad, TO, etc. I am not saying Chad didn't run bad routes and/or lose focus those last couple years. But the Chad haters want to put it all on him and I say those INT's were on Carson much more than Chad.

 

Every reason to put more on it on Chad. When Chad cared mostly about football and was dedicated him and Carson were on the same page alot. Once Chad decided to care more about other things, we kept seeing the miscommunication. We kept seeing them looking at each other like where were you going, the same look that we seen this year between Chad and Brady. So very good reason to believe it was mostly on Chad. As for Oakland this year, you do realize he sat on the couch through the first few games, and then when he joined. His top two receivers ended up missing more than half of the games that Palmer played, and also their best player McFadden also didn't play. So its not the Chad haters putting it on him, its more the Carson haters trying to make up excuses for Chad. We now have seen the same problems with Chad in New England. So even more reason to think that Palmer knew the system and where Chad was suppose to be at, than what Chad knew. Palmer picked up a new system this year in the middle of the year, Chad never even learned his apparently.

Every reason to put more on it on Chad. When Chad cared mostly about football and was dedicated him and Carson were on the same page alot. Once Chad decided to care more about other things, we kept seeing the miscommunication. We kept seeing them looking at each other like where were you going, the same look that we seen this year between Chad and Brady. So very good reason to believe it was mostly on Chad. As for Oakland this year, you do realize he sat on the couch through the first few games, and then when he joined. His top two receivers ended up missing more than half of the games that Palmer played, and also their best player McFadden also didn't play. So its not the Chad haters putting it on him, its more the Carson haters trying to make up excuses for Chad. We now have seen the same problems with Chad in New England. So even more reason to think that Palmer knew the system and where Chad was suppose to be at, than what Chad knew. Palmer picked up a new system this year in the middle of the year, Chad never even learned his apparently.

 

 

I don't hate Carson at all. I just go by what I see. The picks he threw in Oakland looked a lot like the ones he threw in Cincinnati. 16 INTs in half a season is absolutely appalling. I don't see how anyone can defend Palmer's performance the last couple of years, just like you can't defend Chad's performance the last couple years, nor can anyone defend Simpson's performance his entire career. He stinks. Time to get rid of the baggage. He needs to go.

  • Author

The Raiders got a lot more out of Palmer than did the Pats out of Chad.

You wouldn't have an NFL team is you got rid of every play on drugs or selling drugs. Simpson got busted, however I would be willing to bet good money and probably would be a rich man if I was able to bet on it that the majority of players in the NFL are involved in drugs in one way or another. If I heard right this is the first time in his life he has gotten in trouble with the law, he is not like some other people who were also getting in trouble in high school, college,etc. He is just more of a guy who had bad luck and got busted, unlike most of the guys in the NFL. Which even if people are not dealing, if they are just doing it they probably are still sharing it some with friends still. So as I said you wouldn't have a team then most likely if you wanted no guys at all who were involved in that stuff in anyway. If he was a guy who has a history of being trouble, then I would agree with you. However he is not, and is a guy who could get for cheap to be your #4 not #2 and would be a very good #4 to have. Not to mention the fact that he did get busted, probably helps even more in keeping a clean lockerroom. He is now on probation for three years and probably would do serious time if he does it again. So he probably would be the most clean guy in the lockerroom now.

 

Hahaha are you serious? Do you honsetly think I couldn't build a team in the NFL not made out of drug dealers? Paint the picture how you want about a guy catching a bad break. He was SELLING DRUGS! I'll buy that there's a bit that use them but you paint over him selling drugs like it's some guy that jaywalked or something. There's enough WR's in the league that I would invest in before I brought a drug dealer back in to play opposite of my young franchise #1 WR!

Hahaha are you serious? Do you honsetly think I couldn't build a team in the NFL not made out of drug dealers? Paint the picture how you want about a guy catching a bad break. He was SELLING DRUGS! I'll buy that there's a bit that use them but you paint over him selling drugs like it's some guy that jaywalked or something. There's enough WR's in the league that I would invest in before I brought a drug dealer back in to play opposite of my young franchise #1 WR!

 

Once again I be willing to bet very good money that the majority of NFL WR's are involved in drugs in some way, either using or selling. So you would have a hard time finding one then. Now with Simpson, you can almost certaintly bet he probably might now be the cleanest receiver in the NFL from here on out. For me both using and dealing are bad, because even the people just using it is setting a bad example for young people to because it makes them want to use. Which as I said before I bet a good amount are also using, just haven't got caught. So yeah I would take someone back that I probably know would be clean now. Also keep saying to play opposite of your #1. If you pay attention I have said numerous times to bring him back to be your #4 not #2.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.