Boone County 44 Newport Central Catholic 25 (9th Region Quarterfinal)

Final from The bank of Kentucky Center.

Yet another ugly game in the tournament. Sydney Moss led all scorers with 13 points. Boone County advances to the semifinals where it will take on St. henry District HS on Friday at 6 p.m.

The legendary Randy Moss was in attendance, which was pretty neat to see.

Why did Nell keep her starters on the floor until 37 seconds left in the game up 20 or more points? Just didn't make sense even more so when Moss went down on a block! If the young lady had gotten hurt while on the floor with around 1:30 left and up by 21....well....

UGLY, UGLY, UGLY!!!! Once they doubled up on Kiernan in the 2nd quarter it was game over, the Breds couldn't buy a basket.

Congrats to the 4 NewCath seniors... Aubrey Muench, Alex Schalk, Olivia Huber, & Jamie Kohls it's been fun watching these young ladies play.

I'm with Lawnboy UGLY !!! Not sure why NCC didnt call some early time outs in the 3rd quarter to try and keep this one close. I think their coach finally called on when they were down 18 or so ?? But I'm not sure NCC even shot enough attemps to score 44 points. Once they took Kiernan out of the game in the 2nd quarter NCC had no one else to go to. Wasnt the game I was expecting