Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will be the top teams in NKY girls soccer this year???

Featured Replies

  • Replies 52
  • Views 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's safe to assume NDA and St. Henry will be forces to reckon with again this year. NCC loses a bunch of seniors; it remains to be seen how that plays out for the Lady Breds.

NDA and St. Henry for sure. Highlands maybe?? That's about it for the top.

  • Author

I do agree St. Henry will be tough. NDA lost some good talent but there always tough. NCC shouldnt be to bad but Brossart has alot of young talent with some seniors. They could be a team to watch out for.

How do you make these predictions in February? Top teams of last year may not be top teams of this year. What do the mentioned teams have coming back and/or what do they have coming up? Frosh and JV records are rather irrelevant in the conversation if you ask me. NDA was loaded last year with seniors, most of which played high level club soccer as evidenced by their play on the field. Do any teams have that type of talent this year? Some questions to ponder in answering these questions.

How do you make these predictions in February? .

 

This sport , like softball, seems to be one that you can list the same teams annually and most likely be right.

Originally Posted by Jack of all Trades

 

'Do any teams have that type of talent this year?

 

No. Not even close!

Edited by nkyvbfan

  • Author

I know NDA lost alot of talent but they always seem to reload year after year when you think they might be down. Out of couriousity how was NDA's JV team last year? Do they have alot of younger players coming up that are really good? In my opinion I think NDA, St. Henry, NCC and Brossart will be solid teams this year.

I know NDA lost alot of talent but they always seem to reload year after year when you think they might be down. Out of couriousity how was NDA's JV team last year? Do they have alot of younger players coming up that are really good? In my opinion I think NDA, St. Henry, NCC and Brossart will be solid teams this year.
Solid, yes. Dixie can be added to that list as well. No one in NKy. will be anywhere near where NDA was last year (talent wise).
I know NDA lost alot of talent but they always seem to reload year after year when you think they might be down. Out of couriousity how was NDA's JV team last year? Do they have alot of younger players coming up that are really good? In my opinion I think NDA, St. Henry, NCC and Brossart will be solid teams this year.

 

NDA's JV team was unbeaten and I believe untied in KY last yr. They won the JV Regional. The freshman team had a tough yr, winning only 4-5 games.

IMO, NDA will be very strong by mid-season. It will take a little while for the players that played JV last year to adapt to the physical play and speed of the varsity level. Once they have made the adjustment, they will be tough to beat.

NDA's JV team was unbeaten and I believe untied in KY last yr. They won the JV Regional. The freshman team had a tough yr, winning only 4-5 games.

 

That may be a correct statement, but they beat Highlands JV 1-0 the first time around on a PK, so I would not say they dominated by any stretch.

That may be a correct statement, but they beat Highlands JV 1-0 the first time around on a PK, so I would not say they dominated by any stretch.

 

You seem to have blanked out the second meeting, which was a 5 or 6-0 win by NDA! I also never said anything about, "domination", just stated the records.

You seem to have blanked out the second meeting, which was a 5 or 6-0 win by NDA! I also never said anything about, "domination", just stated the records.

 

No did not blank it out. Birds were without a key defender in game two which made all the difference in the world.

No did not blank it out. Birds were without a key defender in game two which made all the difference in the world.

 

WOW, one player can make such a difference at the JV level! If the player was so great, the varsity could have used her.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.