Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2006 Pre Season 3A Top 10

Featured Replies

Stick, No way that JCHS should be favored over Ashland! Ashland has way more talent returning than JC. I'd say it should be 1.Ashland 2.Lawrence 3.JC :banana: :dancingpa

 

 

I dont think there is a clear cut favorite this year i do know Ashland has to go to the Eagles Feild house.... ;)

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think there is a clear cut favorite this year i do know Ashland has to go to the Eagles Feild house.... ;)

 

 

 

 

 

:thumb: 100%

Stick, No way that JCHS should be favored over Ashland! Ashland has way more talent returning than JC. I'd say it should be 1.Ashland 2.Lawrence 3.JC :banana: :dancingpa
Ashland does not return more talent than Johnson Central and the battle for the district title will probably be played in Johnson County this season. Johnson Central will be stronger overall than it was last seasonn, with a deep and balanced running attack and one of the top defenses in the mountains.

Blume was basically JC's whole offense last year. I doubt Johson will be able to do the same kind of dammage Blume did just running up the middle...theres no way. :jump:

Blume was basically JC's whole offense last year. I doubt Johson will be able to do the same kind of dammage Blume did just running up the middle...theres no way. :jump:
It's hard to see how you missed junior fullback Blake Johnson's strong performance against the Tomcats. Johnson and Michael Tackett will also be the best tandem of linebackers in the mountains next season. Ian Welch, whose carries were limited last season because of Blume's presence is an outstanding running back and was part of the young secondary who held the Tomcats' passing game in check last season.

 

A controversial field goal is all that separated JC and Ashland this past season. Ashland loses Holbrook, who accounted for a bigger share of its offense in the game with the Golden Eagles than Blume did for JC. Johnson Central's running game will be stronger next season and losing Music will not hurt them as much as the Tomcats' loss of Holbrook.

 

I am not so sure that Lawrence County will not slip past the Tomcats next season, and Mason County should also be a contender. Ashland will be good next season, but the district will be more balanced than it was last season. Ashland will have to beat Johnson Central on the road if it expects to win the district title and I don't see that happening.

Ashland does not return more talent than Johnson Central and the battle for the district title will probably be played in Johnson County this season. Johnson Central will be stronger overall than it was last seasonn, with a deep and balanced running attack and one of the top defenses in the mountains.

 

I think JC will be more balanced this year in they should be more effective throwing the ball. I don't really see us stepping back a whole lot in the running game because we return three very good backs that were effective this past year. It is definately a hit losing players the likes of Blume and Music, but we have alot of talent returning. I think the big question mark will be the D-Line where we were hit big by graduation, but other than that we will return pretty much everyone.

Blume was basically JC's whole offense last year. I doubt Johson will be able to do the same kind of dammage Blume did just running up the middle...theres no way. :jump:

 

I don't remember the stats exactly, but Grimm was very close to having more rushing yards against Ashland than Blume and Johnson was right there as well. I don't see how you can say that Blume was our whole offense.

I think Johnson Central will be the favorite to win that Distirct and one of the top 3 teams in the Region. Until they get it done in the post season they will never earn a lot of statewide respect though. Same story every year. Tons of talent and nothing in the post season. Personally I think they are top 10 preseason talent wise.

 

Stick, we dont agree often but this i do agree with you on. JC has the talent to be a top 10 or 15 team considering they return 16 of the 22 starting positions and have very good players to step in those 6 positions that we lost, but until they prove themselves in the playoffs they wont get the recognition they are due for the talent they have coming back. A one and done in the playoffs makes most ppl around the state think it was all a bunch of hype. JC should be the favorite of the district with Ashland, LC, and maybe Mason being in the thick of things. Just have to wait and see what JC does with its off season and how well they will improve but with Jim Matney at the helm i except this team to make big improvements over the offseason and get much stronger.

Whats your 3A top 10 for 2006?

 

2006 Pre Season AAA Top 10

 

5. Boyle Co. - Rebels will make noise but big year is '07.

 

 

Boyle better get it done in 2006, because the 2007 class is by far NOT one of the best classes Boyle has had in the past 10 or so years. The only thing that can help the 07 football season is this years freshman class (wich would be Jr's). They are one of the most talented class of kids Boyle has had. Boyle has coming up in the system what they have needed badly last season. A very good runningback. Remember the name Drey Cox. (will be a freshman next season)

 

With the way the regions are lined I like Boyle's chances to make the Simi Finals next season, and with the west champ coming to Boyle for a berth to the Finals anything can happen.

Blume was basically JC's whole offense last year. I doubt Johson will be able to do the same kind of dammage Blume did just running up the middle...theres no way. :jump:

 

 

WOW a one man offense. It is going to take more than one man on any teams offensive line. I hate to be the one to break this news. :thumb:

1. Highlands

2. Rockastle Co.

3. Bowling Green

4. Lexington Catholic

5. Covington Catholic

6. Hopkinsville

7. Harrison Co.

8. Franklin Co.

9. Boyle Co.

10. Ashland

1. Highlands

2. Rockastle Co.

3. Bowling Green

4. Lexington Catholic

5. Covington Catholic

6. Hopkinsville

7. Harrison Co.

8. Franklin Co.

9. Boyle Co.

10. Ashland

 

Youve got Rock at 2 and Ashland at 10..... but no Bell..... you got to be kidding!

1. Highlands

2. Rockastle Co.

3. Bowling Green

4. Covington Catholic

5. Hopkinsville

6. Lexington Catholic

7. Boyle Co

8. Bell Co

9. Franklin Co

10. Ashland

There is no way that JCHS has more talent returning than Ashland in my opionion. They have 2 returning all state players and I look for Matt Thomas to have a breakout yr. this year too! :dancingpa

No, no i'm not, i know Slusher returns for bell but besides him who else do they have returning? I listed teams that I had seen play this past year or teams that i felt confident in what they return, I can be persuaded to include Bell Co. on the list but I didn't get to see bell play this year, so let me know what they've got .

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.