Anyone else getting behind Newt?

HT721

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foolish talk. Voting for the GOP candidate in KY is a MUCH bigger waste of your vote than the 3rd party candidates.

I don't think it's possible for me to disagree more.

No 3rd party candidate has even a remote chance of actually winning and this year conventional wisdom is that any votes for 3rd party candidates will likely have a more negative impact on Obama's opponent.

Exactly what "good" is done with a 3rd party vote? You know going in they won't win. The "protest factor" is negligible. So what exactly have you accomplished by doing it other then wasting your vote?

No 3rd party candidate has even a remote chance of actually winning and this year conventional wisdom is that any votes for 3rd party candidates will likely have a more negative impact on Obama's opponent.

Exactly what "good" is done with a 3rd party vote? You know going in they won't win. The "protest factor" is negligible. So what exactly have you accomplished by doing it other then wasting your vote?

You realize Satan himself could be the GOP nominee and he'd still win KY, right? So please explain how a Kentuckian voting for a 3rd party candidate is helping President Obama?

Edited by UKMustangFan

If the race is close (and with Gingrich it could be) then a 3rd party vote is more likely to hurt the Republican candidate this year by taking a potential vote for him. Obama people are totally in the tank for him and he will get every one of their votes. Exactly what does anyone hope to accomplish by voting third party knowing that their choice has no chance of winning?

If the race is close (and with Gingrich it could be) then a 3rd party vote is more likely to hurt the Republican candidate this year by taking a potential vote for him. Obama people are totally in the tank for him and he will get every one of their votes. Exactly what does anyone hope to accomplish by voting third party knowing that their choice has no chance of winning?

So you're saying you think President Obama has a chance at winning KY? :lol:

Why would I want to reward the Republicans for nominating an idiotic liar by casting a vote for him? Gingrich would be equally as bad if not worse than what we have now with President Obama.

So you're saying you think President Obama has a chance at winning KY? :lol:

Why would I want to reward the Republicans for nominating an idiotic liar by casting a vote for him? Gingrich would be equally as bad if not worse than what we have now with President Obama.

As Flo used to say - when donkeys fly.

This is the problem. Most people are misinformed. A vote for a 3rd party candidate helps that party to gain ballot access. With just 2% of the popular vote in Kentucky a 3rd Party would become a Political Organization which means among other things they wouldn't be required to collect signatures to gain ballot access. I will GUARANTEE you that ANY 3rd Party candidate in Kentucky gets much closer to the 2% threshold than Obama does to beating the GOP nominee.

So I ask you, in 2008 McCain beat Obama buy 16% which is approximately what the polls showed would happen. Assuming you voted for McCain what exactly did you accomplish other than wasting your vote?

I should add --- IF I didn't have a 3rd party to vote for I would most definitely vote for Obama over any of the esteemed candidates the GOP might run. I'm not the only one I know who feels this way. So I'd like to get past the misconception touted by the GOP that any 3rd party vote is taking away a vote from them.

I accomplished as much as you will with a 3rd party vote because I don't believe that you or I will see a viable 3rd party in our lifetimes. As long as that's the case I will maintain that if you vote 3rd party you may as well stay home. At least my vote will help give the GOP nominee KY's electoral votes.

I accomplished as much as you will with a 3rd party vote because I don't believe that you or I will see a viable 3rd party in our lifetimes. As long as that's the case I will maintain that if you vote 3rd party you may as well stay home. At least my vote will help give the GOP nominee KY's electoral votes.
If you want to ignore the facts that's up to you...:D