Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Owensboro Catholic 56 Covington Catholic 43

Featured Replies

If you want to talk about a rebounding machine, then talk about Billy Schult. In the few games that I've seen CCH play this year, he's had double-digit rebounds in each contest; however, not everyone on the team goes after the ball with his intensity.

 

One thing that is very obvious is that the Colonels need another scoring threat - preferably from the post, but really anywhere would help. When a team goes Box & 1, you have to be able to beat that. I'm sure that CCH will work on that in the future - I'd imagine opposing teams will be running that type of defense very often.

 

As far as comparing the 2004 team to this year's team, it is tough to do. The 2004 team did not have any great individual rebounders; however, they were all "big" for their positions, for the most part. Add that to the fact that they had excellent depth with size, and you see why they were effective rebounders. This year's team has solid depth as well, but most of that is at the guard position. CCH will have to focus more & more on boxing out as the season progresses.

Hey Scribe, it was nice talking to you again.

If you want to talk about a rebounding machine, then talk about Billy Schult. In the few games that I've seen CCH play this year, he's had double-digit rebounds in each contest; however, not everyone on the team goes after the ball with his intensity.

 

One thing that is very obvious is that the Colonels need another scoring threat - preferably from the post, but really anywhere would help. When a team goes Box & 1, you have to be able to beat that. I'm sure that CCH will work on that in the future - I'd imagine opposing teams will be running that type of defense very often.

 

As far as comparing the 2004 team to this year's team, it is tough to do. The 2004 team did not have any great individual rebounders; however, they were all "big" for their positions, for the most part. Add that to the fact that they had excellent depth with size, and you see why they were effective rebounders. This year's team has solid depth as well, but most of that is at the guard position. CCH will have to focus more & more on boxing out as the season progresses.

Billy Schult does show signs of being a good rebounder. If he gets into foul trouble, the rebounding drops off. Would you happen to have access to stats. I would love to know what the rebounding stats are. How many did Billy have against Elder and against Owensboro?

 

I wasn't comparing this team to 2004 team. Trying to make a point about rebounding aspect to teams of the past. Attitude comes along with rebounding and I don't see it this year. They kinda went into a drought last year then snapped out a little. Hopefully they snap out of this one also. SOON!!!!! :fight:

I agree about one thing. This team is not the team that went to Rupp Arena in 2004 after dominating the 9th region. That team had at least 6 players that could dunk the ball (consistantly), that means big size. This year's team - the only player who can get up there is Cahill, who does not play very much.

Billy Schult does show signs of being a good rebounder. If he gets into foul trouble, the rebounding drops off. Would you happen to have access to stats. I would love to know what the rebounding stats are. How many did Billy have against Elder and against Owensboro?

 

I wasn't comparing this team to 2004 team. Trying to make a point about rebounding aspect to teams of the past. Attitude comes along with rebounding and I don't see it this year. They kinda went into a drought last year then snapped out a little. Hopefully they snap out of this one also. SOON!!!!! :fight:

 

I do not know how many rebounds he had against those two teams. If you're dying to know, you could probably listen to the archived broadcast on Covington Catholic's website. I'm too lazy. ;)

I saw the game and CCH made a boat load of TO's and few were forced. Bovard made 3 in the first minute of the 2nd. half, but everyone else probably had as many as he did before the game was over. Three of us went to the game and we all thought that CCH over passed. They tried to throw bounce passes through seas of arm's and legs during the first half. They played better during the 3rd. quarter and began hitting some shots. Then in the 4th quarter they played as poor a quarter as I have ever seen a CCH team play.

I don't think this game can be explained in terms of logic. These things happen to every team and CCH will be back. I expect that the return of Tierney will be a huge shot in the arm.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.