Track the OVC basketball season

bugatti

When is Aska supposed to be back?
He had a follow-up visit on Wednesday. According to the report he is healing as anticipated and has begun some conditioning. Initially they said a minimum of 6 games. I would stick with 3 games from now.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Racer Fans,

The 2011-2012 season has been a milestone year for Murray State Men's Basketball. We now have the best starting record in our team's history, at 17-0, and are celebrating our fifth week as a nationally ranked team.

Tomorrow's game is not only very important for our team, but for the entire Racer nation. It will be our first game at home to reach a national audience this season, and possibly our first opportunity to have more than 8,000 fans in the CFSB Center since 1999. In addition to the United Way 'White Out' promotion, the stage is set for an electric atmosphere.

On behalf of our players and coaches, I'd like to say how truly grateful we are for all of the support we have received from you this season. Hearing your cheers and seeing the stands packed with blue and gold makes a difference.

As we move deeper into the regular season, each game becomes more important than the last. We need our fans behind us to keep pushing us through the regular season.

I'll see you at the game!

Steve Prohm

I'd like to go tomorrow but I'm hearing it's sold out!
If I understood, there will be tickets available at the box office at 3:00, but not many. They were near 6,000 last night with crummy weather. The students start coming back tomorrow, so it may get rowdy.

Just in from the Morehead STate game; Too late to fool with it tonight, but I have some videos, pics, etc.

Eagles defeated EKU by three points and played without Terrance Hill (out for season), Milton Chavis (Suspension) and Marcell Holden (Suspension).

Believe it or not, the Eagles will give Murray State a challenge on Wednesday night. They are playing tough basketball - classic Donnie Tyndall stuff.

Morehead State getting ready to host No. 10 Murray State on Wednesday night. First time a ranked opponent has ever visited Johnson Arena.
Been getting a lot of those in the OVC this season. How are the ticket sales? The Racers sold out Saturday with 8,691 on Saturday.

Murray State is banged up and just holding on to victories right now. Without Aska they are ripe for the picking. For a good portion on Saturday they were playing 4 guys under 6'2" and a 6'5" guard at the 5 spot.

Been getting a lot of those in the OVC this season. How are the ticket sales? The Racers sold out Saturday with 8,691 on Saturday.

Murray State is banged up and just holding on to victories right now. Without Aska they are ripe for the picking. For a good portion on Saturday they were playing 4 guys under 6'2" and a 6'5" guard at the 5 spot.

Morehead is playing the type of basketball that could give them the opportunity to spring an upset at home. I'm not sure about ticket sales but Tyndall said he would expect about 5,500 at the game (arena holds 6,500 I do believe). If Eagles can suck Murray into their grind it out style, it could be interesting.

I'll be there by the way. If anyone is going, let me know and we'll meet up.

Morehead is playing the type of basketball that could give them the opportunity to spring an upset at home. I'm not sure about ticket sales but Tyndall said he would expect about 5,500 at the game (arena holds 6,500 I do believe). If Eagles can suck Murray into their grind it out style, it could be interesting.

I'll be there by the way. If anyone is going, let me know and we'll meet up.

How much do MSU tickets run Wireman? I will be in that area Wednesday and may just drop in if tickets aren't too expensive. Never been to a mid major game. Time to go to one!

How much do MSU tickets run Wireman? I will be in that area Wednesday and may just drop in if tickets aren't too expensive. Never been to a mid major game. Time to go to one!

They aren't very expensive at all - less than $10 for sure.

If your'e ever going to check one out, this would be a really good one. :thumb:

Holler at me if you go.

They aren't very expensive at all - less than $10 for sure.

If your'e ever going to check one out, this would be a really good one. :thumb:

Holler at me if you go.

I know it. I really hope that I get out of class early enough to make it. I think it would be a great game to attend. If i am able to make it I will definitely get with you :thumb:

While many people do not like Murray State because of their success, this year's run has been great for the conference. Coming off two straight seasons in which the OVC has won a tournament game (sorry, the Play-In game does not count 3 seasons ago), it is great to keep the momentum going, especially with Belmont joining in on the fun to elevate the conference.

After seeing every team play now, I still believe Tennessee Tech will ultimately win the conference.

Edited by bugatti