Track the OVC basketball season

bugatti

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to further explain my point about it being good for the conference, along with the recent sellout at Murray State on Saturday, SIU-Edwardsville is now reporting they are sold out for their nationally televised game with the Racers on Saturday. A lot of to has to do with Murray fans traveling as well as they do. I will be watching tomorrow night on television, but let us know how many Murray fans make the trip, Wireman.

If Murray does go undefeated, and manages to win a game or two in the tournament, how long before Coach Prohm goes to a "BCS" school?
Probably by the second game :D

I think both scenarios are highly unlikely. But I can see him hanging around another season. He has certainly made a name for himself in his first season of coaching. He inherited a nice team, but nothing spectacular -- even by OVC standards. There are no Faried or other type of pro prospects on the team. Many believe he was the straw stirring the drink with Kennedy at the helm. Not to mention everyone of his assistants are first timers.

^I disagree. I think Isaiah Canaan is a pro, but agree with the general premise.
Canaan has range and offense like a pro, but he makes Jimmer Fredette look like Bruce Bowen on defense. He may be the worst defender in the OVC. The biggest boost in his game has been his distribution of the ball. Even then he does not handle the ball worth a crap. I love me some Canaan though!. Donte Poole and Fear the Fro (Ed Daniel) are my favorites.

• 2 weeks later...

When Kevin Murphy plays like he is tonight, Tennessee Tech can beat anyone in the league - including Murray State.

You just have to hope this Kevin Murphy doesn't show up for 2-3 days at the OVC Tournament.

He is 10-14 from the field for 31 points at the under 16:00 timeout in the second half.