Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

14th Region Rankings (You Rate)

Featured Replies

Especially to not be thru December yet. :dancingpa

 

Very true! They are a good team.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I belive JBS is better than Lee Co. based on how jackson co. beat them .I would also put them ahead of KCC ,

I would have to disagree with you there Bigswan. JBS hasn't really been tested yet. I'd like to see them face a tough school, like a Perry Central or a Johnson Central or someone like that. Too weak of a schedule so far.

I would have to disagree with you there Bigswan. JBS hasn't really been tested yet. I'd like to see them face a tough school, like a Perry Central or a Johnson Central or someone like that. Too weak of a schedule so far.

But you must remember, they have beaten everyone they played pretty bad except for Prestonburg, and it was called sooo bad. JBS is in there .

I belive JBS is better than Lee Co. based on how jackson co. beat them .I would also put them ahead of KCC ,

June Buchanan cannot come within 12 points of Lee County, imo.

Who has Estill played?

Some pretty stiff competition......George Rogers Clark, Paul Dunbar, Lee County twice, and Johnson Central in the Eagles' invitational tournament.

I would have to disagree with you there Bigswan. JBS hasn't really been tested yet. I'd like to see them face a tough school, like a Perry Central or a Johnson Central or someone like that. Too weak of a schedule so far.

 

JBS beat Sheldon Clark and SC beat JC handily. Jbs is a pretty solid team, I had to see it to believe it too but they are a good. Their guards are outstanding and the big kid is decent.

But you must remember, they have beaten everyone they played pretty bad except for Prestonburg, and it was called sooo bad. JBS is in there .

June Buchanan has to get past Owsley County (with Robert Smith back) in Booneville on January 25th, or they go down in the first round of the All "A". If they can defeat Owsley in Booneville, then I will change my opinion about them. But I figure the Owls to be a different team by that time, and I don't think they'll lose this game. The Owls have taken some shalackings (I hope that's a word) so far this season, but they have played some tough competition : Elliott County away, Perry Central away, Lee at home, Estill away......Even though they have lost all these games, competition like this will only make you better deeper into the season.

1 Perry County Central

2 Lee County

3 Leslie County

4 Knott County Central

5 Hazard

6 Letcher County Central

June Buchanan cannot come within 12 points of Lee County, imo.

I agree Profesor, and I am with you on thinking that they will not beat Owsley in the first round of the all A.

I agree Profesor, and I am with you on thinking that they will not beat Owsley in the first round of the all A.
I guess we will just have to wait and see. The burden is not on JBS, they have 3 years to go with the same team. The burden is on LCC bball King. I'm not talking all A. I'm talking region. You have to go to the sweet sixteen to prove your self.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Knott Central. Kcc has come off their start in years. They have a really solid team this year. Stamper can come off the bench and help them and once they get Matt Amburgey back they will be a very good team. Feltner has his team looking good so far. I mean yes they got beat by a good Letcher Central team and Fleming but you can't beat everyone unless you are in-human or unless you play very weak teams. As for Kcc they play very tough teams. So IMO KCC needs to be 2nd or 3rd in the region if not the best in the region!

1 Perry County Central

2 Lee County

3 Leslie County

4 Knott County Central

5 Hazard

6 Letcher County Central

Who has Hazard beat?

Also Belfry beat PCC and lost to Letcher Central. You cant really compare head to head and all that though. Belfry beat PCC on a nautral court and lost to LCC on LCC's home court. Belfry and PCC plays tongiht in the championship of the Smokey Mountain Holiday Tournament

Estill will also play Florida powers 4a undefeated Columbia High School (8-0) and 6A Monster Atlantic High School in the Daytona Beach Classic after Christmas. They have played some good teams tough (Dunbar loss by 3, Johnson Central at JCHS by 2, Lee by 3) and they haven't even scratched the surface of their potential. If they can get quality experience in the tough early season schedule and come together down the stretch they will be as tough as any of the top teams in the 14th in March.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.