Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland 70 Rose Hill 65

Featured Replies

Bottom line is Raceland hit the big shots when they needed them and Rose Hill missed something like 8 free throws in a row in the second half. Raceland deserved this win. Rose Hill hasn't yet learned how to win. When they do learn they will be tough.

 

Fraley has conducted himself with class throughout his tenure at Rose Hill. He is always very intense and into the game. I remember 2 years ago in his first year when Rose Hill was getting beat to death, down by 50 or more late in the game against Lawrence County, Fraley was coaching as hard then as he is now. He earned my respect then, I will now give him the benefit of the doubt.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a simple statement about the officiating and folks feel attacked. Maybe they are all a bit paranoid. Don't recall stating that the calls were against or for the Rams.

 

You know spindoc that's a good point.

 

Listen, officiating didn't cost Rose Hill this game, it didn't help them but it wasn't the deciding factor. The younger official didn't make one call against Raceland the entire 4th quarter. Johnson had him scared to death.

 

But like I said, make free throws and it's all academic.

 

For Raceland I thought Osborne(?) was just fantastic. Rose Hill defector Jacob Sparks also played very well, he is going to be a fine player.

That's why there are 2 whistles on the floor, if they see it...call it. Thought Jackson walked when he slid on the floor while holding the ball, illegal screen by Bush to free up Euton on the final shot, push off on Euton to get open. :cry:

 

Apparently Bush didn't move enough on the screen he set seeing as how Euton got his shot blocked. :rolleyes:

 

Eagle, did you think Bush got fouled on the layup when Rose Hill was down by 2? Did you think that Raceland called timeout before the held ball in the final seconds? Just curious, since you seem to be very objective.

Fraley has conducted himself with class throughout his tenure at Rose Hill. He is always very intense and into the game. I remember 2 years ago in his first year when Rose Hill was getting beat to death, down by 50 or more late in the game against Lawrence County, Fraley was coaching as hard then as he is now. He earned my respect then, I will now give him the benefit of the doubt.

 

Tim, has been nothing but a fine representitive for Rose Hill since he signed on 3 years ago.

  • Author

I will say I was impressed by the play of the Tolliver boy. He has an extra gear and distributes the ball very well. He reminds me of another former Ram, now the head coach at Rock Hill, Marty Mills. Except Mr. Mills didn't give up the ball nearly as often.(to his teammates, I mean)

Apparently Bush didn't move enough on the screen he set seeing as how Euton got his shot blocked. :rolleyes:

 

Eagle, did you think Bush got fouled on the layup when Rose Hill was down by 2? Did you think that Raceland called timeout before the held ball in the final seconds? Just curious, since you seem to be very objective.

 

yes and yes

Lots of calls could have went the other way but appeared to even out. FT's were the deciding factor not officiating.

I will say I was impressed by the play of the Tolliver boy. He has an extra gear and distributes the ball very well. He reminds me of another former Ram, now the head coach at Rock Hill, Marty Mills. Except Mr. Mills didn't give up the ball nearly as often.(to his teammates, I mean)

 

No gear in the Mills transmission could match this quickness. Speed maybe, not quickness. By the way Doc, sometimes people jump to conclusions when the losing team mentions officiating and it's hard not to read into it just a little. :thumb:

  • Author
No gear in the Mills transmission could match this quickness. Speed maybe, not quickness. By the way Doc, sometimes people jump to conclusions when the losing team mentions officiating and it's hard not to read into it just a little. :thumb:

 

never said I represented the losing team. Nor the winning team. Only that the officiating stunk and I thought the Euton kid got fouled on the 3.

yes and yes

Lots of calls could have went the other way but appeared to even out. FT's were the deciding factor not officiating.

 

I agree about the FT's. No question that killed the Royals.

  • Author

Ricky P, just curious as to what do you think that the whole tyrade at the end of the game meant? Do you think that the throat slash meant the referees won't be welcome at the Fraley Christmas Party or that the Maroon Mafia may be contracted for services? :flame:

never said I represented the losing team. Nor the winning team. Only that the officiating stunk and I thought the Euton kid got fouled on the 3.

I asked the kid who blocked the shot(Miller). He said he had no contact with Euton on the shot. Said he got it after it left his hands. Euton didnt see him coming and so, got no lift on his shot. I agree the Bush kid was foul just earlier on his layup, but no foul on the last shot.

  • Author
I asked the kid who blocked the shot(Miller). He said he had no contact with Euton on the shot. Said he got it after it left his hands. Euton didnt see him coming and so, got no lift on his shot. I agree the Bush kid was foul just earlier on his layup, but no foul on the last shot.

Fair enough, I'm just saying it looked like he got him with the body, but either way, can you say honestly that you thought the game was officiated well? Not biased toward one or the other, just poorly officiated.

Good job Rams. All I am saying is no matter what sport. I have seen very poor sportmanship from RH coaches,not players, and I have been an official while they were playing and been to some games while they where playing and it is usually the same. Refs Refs Refs Give us a break. Play the game and be positive or put on some black & white strips.

:fire: :fire: :fire:

  • Author
Good job Rams. All I am saying is no matter what sport. I have seen very poor sportmanship from RH coaches,not players, and I have been an official while they were playing and been to some games while they where playing and it is usually the same. Refs Refs Refs Give us a break. Play the game and be positive or put on some black & white strips.

:fire: :fire: :fire:

PLEASE, tell me you are not a Russell fan hacking on RH for sportsmanship. :argue: Red Devils.. The undisputed kings of poor sportsmanship. Now let's not go there. Your laundry list of issues would start an entirely new thread. And unless you were there you don't know how anyone acted. As for the officials, looks like your "top-ranked" devils could use some officiating help! :sssh:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.