Hoopin It Up Holiday Classic-2005/6 Kentucky High School Boys Basketball

hector

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What time is the PC game on Thursday? I'm trying to figure out what time to leave Falmouth for London.

PC plays at 7:00 against South Laurel on WEDNESDAY at South's gym. The time of THURSDAY'S game depends on how they do WED. Championship game is at 8:15, while the consolation game is at 6:30. Both the championship and consolation games are both at North Laurel HS.

Final Four consists of:

Clark County (10)

Mason County (10)

Pendleton County (10)

South Laurel (13)

Jim or Les or whoever knows, what does the games schedule look like

tomorrow?

I'll do the best I can, but my information is incomplete as of right now, as I haven't heard anything on the scores from North other than the fact that Mason and GRC both won. Here goes:

At North Laurel

Leslie Co./Tate winner v. Boyle Co./Pike CC winner 3 p.m.

North Laurel v. Elliston Baptist (Tenn.) 5:15 p.m.

Mason Co. v. GRC 7 p.m.

At South Laurel

Miami Senior (Fla.) v. Rockcastle Co. 3 p.m. (tipoff may be pushed back to 3:30, but this is not set in stone)

Ashland v. Knox Central 5:15 p.m.

South Laurel v. Pendleton Co. 7 p.m.

Anybody got any results on those games I don't have?

Here's the schedule for Thursday night, all games at North Laurel High School:

7th Place game

Leslie Co. v. Miami Senior (Fla.) 3 p.m.

5th Place game

North Laurel v. Ashland 4:45 p.m.

3rd Place game

GRC v. Pendleton Co. 6:30 p.m.

Championship

South Laurel v. Mason Co. 8:15 p.m.

Also: I can't say enough about Miami Senior's Dwayne Collins, who had a 31-point, 10-rebound game in the win over Rockcastle Co. This came on the heels of a 39-point effort against Pendleton and a 34-point, 13-rebound outing against Pulaski Co. They caught Pendleton Co. at the worst possible time, because they are certainly much better than the 7th Place trophy they will likely bring home (nothing against Leslie Co., but I can't see them beating this team).

Also: I can't say enough about Miami Senior's Dwayne Collins, who had a 31-point, 10-rebound game in the win over Rockcastle Co. This came on the heels of a 39-point effort against Pendleton and a 34-point, 13-rebound outing against Pulaski Co. They caught Pendleton Co. at the worst possible time, because they are certainly much better than the 7th Place trophy they will likely bring home (nothing against Leslie Co., but I can't see them beating this team).

I agree he is a great player. The Dunk he had today was one of the best I have ever seen. The kid is a ball player.

I agree he is a great player. The Dunk he had today was one of the best I have ever seen. The kid is a ball player.

Yup. Some people would pooh-pooh his performance, downplaying it by saying something stupid such as "well, he's 6-9," but the bottom line is he has done what he's supposed to in dominating the competition. Let's not forget that Belcher and Elliott for Pendleton are 6-7 or better, and Collins went for 39 against them. If you're at the 3 p.m. game Thursday, make sure to watch how Collins uses his feet in the post, and how soft his touch is around the basket. He has a nice-looking shot; he just needs some work to improve consistency and I can see him being effective for the University of Miami Hurricanes from 18 on in. Solid player all-around.