Covington Catholic 63 Holmes 0

Sandman

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest with you some of the Holmes coaches were at CovCath at around 12:30 but the team and the team bus didn't pull into CovCath until 12:45 for a 1pm game. Now I am not talking about being on the field at 12:45 but pulling into the parking lot at 12:45. I honestly was wondering, was Holmes going to show up!

When I read your post the first thing I thought was that Holmes must have warmed up on their field, as there is no way to have a proper football pregame in less than 15 minutes. Not that there is any logical reason to do that, since CovCath has turf and the Holmes does not. Also the sun is a lot more of a factor at CovCath that time of day than Holmes, which has some shade.

I was told Holmes "warmed up" on their home field, then boarded the bus for the short trip up the road.

My guess is this wasn't by design.

Shoudve wrote bowouts

Should've used an apostrophe, and used written. But, you wouldn't have three mistakes in a three word sentence if you had. Why not attempt a world record.

I guess I missed the "l" in Holmes. You got me. Funny thing, it was the first typo in the history of BGP.

And now back to the game.

Edited by Sandman

Jake's injury goes exactly along with what I was saying in the Cov Cath/Pendleton County thread about how frustrating it is for me to see games like these matched up in district play. Now Jake is stuck living with the fact that he had his football career ended in a game that had its outcome decided when the numskulls at the KHSAA put Cov Cath and Holmes against each other in the same district.

Jake's injury goes exactly along with what I was saying in the Cov Cath/Pendleton County thread about how frustrating it is for me to see games like these matched up in district play. Now Jake is stuck living with the fact that he had his football career ended in a game that had its outcome decided when the numskulls at the KHSAA put Cov Cath and Holmes against each other in the same district.

Not really sure how the KHSAA plays into this story.

I do hate to hear about Jake's injury. He got bounced around a bit over the first two seasons between DL and OL. He finally settles into one position and performs well on a very strong offense and then goes down right before the playoffs. Unfortunate. I'm sure his parents have gone through the range of emotions - concern, sadness, disappointment, and probably "big picture."

Big ups to Big Jake for his CCH career!

Not really sure how the KHSAA plays into this story.

...they pieced together a district pitting teams like Pendleton County, Harrison County, and Holmes against programs like Highlands and Cov Cath. They need to get something figured out other than putting sheer school attendance numbers into divisions and districting.

I do hate to hear about Jake's injury. He got bounced around a bit over the first two seasons between DL and OL. He finally settles into one position and performs well on a very strong offense and then goes down right before the playoffs. Unfortunate. I'm sure his parents have gone through the range of emotions - concern, sadness, disappointment, and probably "big picture."

Big ups to Big Jake for his CCH career!

Good luck to him. I really hate to see anyone get hurt but it's particularly tough when you're a senior.