Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Robert Downey Jr.: Time to forgive Mel Gibson

Featured Replies

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a huge fan of Mel Gibson's work, probably the biggest on BGP and more than anyone I know at least. I love his movies, several of my top favorites. I own just about every movie he's been in or produced (I will eventually own them all). Not only do I think he is a great actor, but he is one heck of a producer as well. Anyone who has seen Apocolypto and Passion of the Christ would have to agree, not to mention he helped produce movies like Braveheart. I even did my first informative speech in Public Speaking 101 my freshman year in college about him haha!

 

I was very saddened when I heard about the anti-semetic rant, followed by the rant with his ex-girlfriend because I knew how it would negatively affect his career. I don't agree with many of the things that he has done as a person, but I would love for Hollywood as a whole and the American public to forgive Mel Gibson. I think he still has some awesome movies left in him and it is a shame that he's been slowed down from his work, albeit, his own fault.

 

Thank you for posting marvel.

This carries a lot more weight coming from the mouth of Downey IMO.

I don't agree with many of the things that he has done as a person, but I would love for Hollywood as a whole and the American public to forgive Mel Gibson.
At a certain point, doesn't it go from "being a mistake" to just "who that person is"?

Outside of Braveheart and Apocolypto, has he done anything worthy of still getting work? :idunno:

At a certain point, doesn't it go from "being a mistake" to just "who that person is"?

 

I was thinking along the same lines..

Outside of Braveheart and Apocolypto, has he done anything worthy of still getting work? :idunno:

 

I would say Passion is in there. And though I haven't seen it yet, I've heard Edge of Darkness is good.

Outside of Braveheart and Apocolypto, has he done anything worthy of still getting work? :idunno:

 

You don't think Passion of Christ wasn't worthy?

 

The Patriot? I don't see how this couldn't be included.

 

We Were Soldiers?

 

Lethal Weapon and Mad Max series? I was much younger, but I feel like these made a lot of noise when they originally came out.

 

Not as many have seen it, but I think Conspiracy Theory was a solid movie.

 

He was the voice of John Smith in Pocahontas (more of a joke, but wanted to throw it in there).

 

Granted I'm biased towards Mel Gibson.

At a certain point, doesn't it go from "being a mistake" to just "who that person is"?

 

I didn't say he made mistakes, and you are very possibly correct. Maybe he was just going through some dark times. I don't know the guy personally. I just really enjoy his work.

Payback & Ramson were also very good. Mel needs to keep comments to himself, but the girl friend thing really bothered me a lot, since I'm also a fan of his work.

You don't think Passion of Christ wasn't worthy?

 

The Patriot? I don't see how this couldn't be included.

 

We Were Soldiers?

 

Lethal Weapon and Mad Max series? I was much younger, but I feel like these made a lot of noise when they originally came out.

 

Not as many have seen it, but I think Conspiracy Theory was a solid movie.

 

He was the voice of John Smith in Pocahontas (more of a joke, but wanted to throw it in there).

 

Granted I'm biased towards Mel Gibson.

Passion of the Christ: I don't really enjoy snuff films.

 

The Patriot: Not good. It made my list of five least favorite movies from Hate Day last week. I don't need a crappy sequel to Braveheart.

 

We Were Soldiers: Haven't seen it.

 

Lethal Weapon: I really like the first two. Third is "watchable". Fourth was torture.

 

Mad Max Series: Never got into it.

 

Conspiracy Thory: Awful, not watchable.

 

You did leave off a Mel Gibson movie I actually didn't mind though:

 

What Women Want

I figured What Women Want would get some hate from people so I left it off.

 

I think you would enjoy We Were Soldiers if you like war movies.

 

Calling the Patriot not good and a crappy sequel to Braveheart just cut me deep!

I figured What Women Want would get some hate from people so I left it off.

 

I think you would enjoy We Were Soldiers if you like war movies.

 

Calling the Patriot not good and a crappy sequel to Braveheart just cut me deep!

Sorry man. Just stating facts. :D

 

What Women Want is a very easy to watch and funny romantic comedy. Gibson himself was quite humorous and displayed that likeable personality he had in the Lethal Weapon franchise that made those first two movies good.

 

I love war movies that are made well.

Passion of the Christ: I don't really enjoy snuff films.

 

The Patriot: Not good. It made my list of five least favorite movies from Hate Day last week. I don't need a crappy sequel to Braveheart.

 

We Were Soldiers: Haven't seen it.

 

Lethal Weapon: I really like the first two. Third is "watchable". Fourth was torture.

 

Mad Max Series: Never got into it.

 

Conspiracy Thory: Awful, not watchable.

 

You did leave off a Mel Gibson movie I actually didn't mind though:

 

What Women Want

 

I agree on the Passion and the Patriot...Torture sounds more appealing than sitting through those again.

 

Hated We Were Soldiers, and struggled to make it through any of the Lethal Weapon movies after #1. Max Max was ehh. Conspiracy Theory was another dud.

 

I actually would have to say Pochahontus was one of Mel's best 3-4 films, which is not a compliment. :lol:

I would say Passion is in there. And though I haven't seen it yet, I've heard Edge of Darkness is good.

 

I own Edge of Darkness....Probably the biggest drunken regret I have was the wasting of $15 on that one. Would've been better spend flushing a $20 down the toilet. Much more enjoyable than the film.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.