Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fantasy Phenom's WR Start 'Em/Sit 'Em Week 5

Featured Replies

Those numbers vs. New England don't even include the RB's. Check this out...you may want to consider LT this week.

 

These are just the receiving numbers from RB's facing New England. The rushing stats are not included.

 

Reggie Bush = 9 rec, 56 yds, TD (11 fantasy points)

Mike Tolbert = 8 rec, 73 yds (7)

Ryan Matthews = 7 rec, 62 yds (6)

Fred Jackson = 5 rec, 87 yds (8)

Darren McFadden = 4 rec, 48 yds (4)

Michael Bush = 4 rec, 55 yds (5)

 

That is an average of better than 10 fantasy ppg from opposing RB's with just their receiving numbers. On average, opposing backs catch 9 passes for 95 yards against New England. In the Jets case, Greene isn't used a lot as a receiver, so that could be a lot of opportunities for LT.

Mike Wallace is always a must start. I can't see not starting Mike Wallace in any circumstance.

 

:thumb:

 

For every time you bench a stud and are correct, there are 2-3 times where you kick your dog after missing out on a big game.

  • Author
I would start Branch. NYJ are going to lock down Welker.

 

If they put Revis on Welker, I still like Welker's chances. As laughable as this might be, Ocho would start on my team before Branch.

  • Author
Mike Wallace is always a must start. I can't see not starting Mike Wallace in any circumstance.

 

I'm basing this on matchup and probably wouldn't normally sit him. Let's see how it plays out.

  • Author
I'd play Wallace. My guess is that Ben will be getting the ball out on the edge to Wallace in space more this game. Look for Starks to start at LT, upgrade. And they get another starter back this week at guard. Ben will take an injection, play like he always does.

 

I'm gueesing you're a Pittsburgh fan

  • Author
Did you seriously include the NYJ WR's in your Start 'Em section. C'mon man. The only Jet I'd start in FF is the D and even they haven't been that good this year.

 

While I absolutely hate the QB, this game could be a shoot out. I expect them to run more but a couple of homeruns aren't out of the question in the passing game.

Review

 

Start 'Em

1. Greg Jennings (14 points) and Jordy Nelson (1 point)

2. Julio Jones (1 point) and Roddy White (11 points)

3. Plaxico Burress (4 points) and Santonio Holmes (12 points)

 

Sit 'Em

1. Deion Branch (13 points)

2. Mike Wallace (14 points)

3. Johnny Knox (Pending)

 

Holmes was the best starting recommendation, because Jennings and White should never see your bench. Just like Mike Wallace should NEVER see your bench.

I also don't like starting 2 WR's from the same team. More then likely both will not score big.

What's the over/under on Megatron TDs? I think a fair number is 20 (1 per game for the rest of the season). No one can keep him out of the endzone.

  • Author
I also don't like starting 2 WR's from the same team. More then likely both will not score big.

 

Not a big fan of it either, but thought the numbers would be servicable from the secondary guys.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.