Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"Catching Hell"-The Bartman Story

Featured Replies

Ok I know my post on this subject is a little late, but last night I got to watch the showfor the first time. But I want to say first I'm still trying to figure out why almost 30-35 minutes was dedicated to Bill Buckner. O nevermind that is ESPN for you, the Boston Red Sox are one of the favorites!! And second, some Cub fans should be embarrassed at how some fans acted towards Bartman. And if you where sitting in that seat chances are you would have gone for the foul ball also, admit it..... But nobody deserves to have somebody tell them to put a 12-guage shotgun in your mouth and pull the trigger. Nor did he deserve to have that fan walk down and throw his beer at him. I've always heard Met fans are the roughest, but after watching that last night I would put some Cub fans up there. Total embarrassment for that organization.

 

I could be wrong but I think the guy who made this 30 for 30 is a Red Sox fan. That is the Buckner tie-in. Boston fans suffered like Cubs fans. They shared curses, pain, etc etc.

 

ESPN does love the Red Sox though.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched almost a whole spill on Bartman but didn't realize it was 30 for 30. Should have known. It was great! I loved how they showed what he was hearing on the headphones and how delayed it was. He also didn't really realize what had happened from an impact standpoint until they took him in the holding room. Also thought it was ironic he had his little league team he coached shirt on. Couldn't help the whole time I was watching wondering if he'd been treated the same if he was some big thick dude instead of such a dorkie looking guy.

  • Author

I still can't understand why people who watched this show can't understand the parallel between Buckner and Bartman. The comparison was a perfect metaphor in my opinion. I really loved how the show connected the two figures and showed them as the scapegoats that were not. Everyone in Boston wanted to blame Buckner for their loss to the Mets and everyone wanted to blame Bartman for the Cubs loss to the Marlins when in fact neither of these two guys were to blame for either loss. They were both scapegoats that the fans of each team needed to blame. Remember, when there is failure, everyone needs someone/something to blame it on. It's human nature.

Watched it finally, very poor behavior from the Cubs fans. And the one on here saying it was 1% must not have saw the same thing I did.

^They're probably just one of the Cub fans that would've been joining in on the chanting and "Bartman abuse".

I still can't understand why people who watched this show can't understand the parallel between Buckner and Bartman. The comparison was a perfect metaphor in my opinion. I really loved how the show connected the two figures and showed them as the scapegoats that were not. Everyone in Boston wanted to blame Buckner for their loss to the Mets and everyone wanted to blame Bartman for the Cubs loss to the Marlins when in fact neither of these two guys were to blame for either loss. They were both scapegoats that the fans of each team needed to blame. Remember, when there is failure, everyone needs someone/something to blame it on. It's human nature.

 

I think everyone understands, but it was called the Bartman story. It should have been called something about a scapegoat. I just thought it had too much Buckner story, which no one cares about anymore since the Redsox have ended the curse.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.