Is Voter Fraud a Red Herring?

Clyde

Since the massive turnouts by voters for President Obama in the 2008 election many states have enacted new rules under the guise of preventing voter fraud. However, no one can point to voter fraud being a problem.

Is it fair to require proof of citizenship despite some people not having ever had a birth certificate provided to them?

Does FL's recent law stating that new voter registrations must be turned into the govt within 48 hours of collections and having to follow other burdensome requirements a legit attempt to curb voter fraud or is it the obvious - an attempt to keep certain types of voters home?

Where is this voter fraud?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have actual Americans vote in American elections and show proof of citizenship? That is ridiculous. ::rolleyes:

I don't see what the problem is. Even if voter fraud isn't a problem, its not too much to ask that you show proof or residency.

It is an attempt to keep lower income, minority and immigrant voters from polls.

Or an attempt to have citizens of America and only citizens of America voting. Cannot even beleive this is a serious debate.

Have actual Americans vote in American elections and show proof of citizenship? That is ridiculous. ::rolleyes:

I don't see what the problem is. Even if voter fraud isn't a problem, its not too much to ask that you show proof or residency.

Or an attempt to have citizens of America and only citizens of America voting. Cannot even beleive this is a serious debate.

Unless voter fraud was a legit problem then why suddenly make new laws? It's obvious. THAT's my point.

Heck, FL passed a law that said no more early voting on Sundays. Tell me why they would pick Sunday. Let me help you. It's because many black churches mobilzed voters that day to vote. Black voters.

FL and OH decreased the number of days allowed for early voting . Guess who won the early votes in 2008.

How many old black folk were born in a shotgun house and to this day have no birth certificate and do not drive? Suddenly, they're a problem when it comes to voter fraud?

WI mandated that students in college cannot vote unless their student ID has: current address, birth date, signature , and a 2-year expiration date. Problem is none of the colleges in WI give out IDs that have that info on it. Guess who young college students in WI tend to vote for?

WI also is shutting down DMV offices throughout the state with many of those being in black areas. Half of blacks and Hispanics in WI do not have a DL. So to get one they have to go find a DMV office that in many cases is open one day per month.

The debate is legit when you ask the obvious question: what's the real reason behind enacting laws for a non-existant problem?

Seems like a perfect example the TPers can rally around: govt in our lives when it's not necessary.

W

Who is driving this?

In 1980 Paul Weyrich, conservative activist, said that "I don't want everybody to vote....our leverage in elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down."

Mr. Weyrich founded American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC).

ALEC is now helping states controlled by Rs write this new legislation.

Again, when you can tell me where the voter fraud problem is I'll ignore the obvious fact that this is an attempt to suppress votes by minorities and younger voters.

Unless voter fraud was a legit problem then why suddenly make new laws? It's obvious. THAT's my point.

Out here in Cali, a million votes of illegals (which it is sooooo easy for them to vote and in 2009 2,600,000 were estimated in cali ) is something I would consider a problem.

Heck, FL passed a law that said no more early voting on Sundays. Tell me why they would pick Sunday. Let me help you. It's because many black churches mobilzed voters that day to vote. Black voters.

Stupid law. However, this does not prohibit black voters from voting.

FL and OH decreased the number of days allowed for early voting . Guess who won the early votes in 2008.

It was decreased from 35 days to 21. That is a serious issue?

How many old black folk were born in a shotgun house and to this day have no birth certificate and do not drive? Suddenly, they're a problem when it comes to voter fraud?

I have read where 25% of blacks do not have identification cards. This is astonishing. However, we are in a difficult time where illegals are a problem and measures have to be taken. Ohio has made a law where they are issuing free identification cards. How else do you expect to deal with that problem?

WI mandated that students in college cannot vote unless their student ID has: current address, birth date, signature , and a 2-year expiration date. Problem is none of the colleges in WI give out IDs that have that info on it. Guess who young college students in WI tend to vote for?

If they are college students such as I am, isn't it our responsibility that we have proper identification? I mean, we are young adults. If we can't get a legit identification card, I have serious doubts about them entering the actual workforce.

WI also is shutting down DMV offices throughout the state with many of those being in black areas. Half of blacks and Hispanics in WI do not have a DL. So to get one they have to go find a DMV office that in many cases is open one day per month.

Something that needs to change. I haven't looked up details or statistics so I can't comment extensively. For now I will take your word for it. When people are in those situations it makes it difficult and its wrong in so many ways.

Seems like a perfect example the TPers can rally around: govt in our lives when it's not necessary.

Would you consider elections to be more important or buying beer? We have to show identification for one and not the other. This isn't too much to ask.

The debate is legit when you ask the obvious question: what's the real reason behind enacting laws for a non-existant problem?

W

Are black churches the only ones who mobilize voters on Sunday?

Out here in Cali, a million votes of illegals (which it is sooooo easy for them to vote and in 2009 2,600,000 were estimated in cali ) is something I would consider a problem.

You're saying 2.6M illegals voted in 2009? I need some info on that one.

A big part of the reason was the ACORN fiascos of the last election and the influx of more illegals..

What exactly has ACORN been found guilty of when it comes to voting fraud?

The only thing I remember was in Las Vegas when they were charged with paying people to register voters and those people put Dallas Cowboys names on the list. What else were they found guilty of?