Pikeville 21 Raceland 20

theguru

I admire coach Maynard for going for the win. Raceland's young kids must have played hard to have a shot on the road vs. the 5th ranked Panthers. I am looking foward to hearing from Ram, TCA, Doc, R68 and the crew on this one.

Congrats to Pikeville on the win, you have a top notch football program.

Lets see. Marcus Reed went down in the first half from what looked like was over heating. But did come back in the second half and played. Conner Messer I believe was taken to the hospital for what I was told was the same as Reed only worse. Lots of players with cramping.

I do want to congrat Pikeville on the win. They played hard.

We had a chance to win the game with about 15 seconds remaining going for two. But we jumped off sides. That put us on the 7. We tried a pass. But failed. Brian Caudill ran the ball with every thing he had tonight. Conner Messer for the little time he played. Played awesome. The defense line played well. And lots of the time the offense line opened up some nice holes for our backs. Wouldn't doubt we had 250 yards rushing. Just way to many mistakes. Felt like we could have won that game by two td's. Hope Messer is ok. One of the fans passed out in the stands and had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital.

Our pass defense once again killed us. We have got to regroup and get better at that. But over all it was a good effort for a very young team.

I admire coach Maynard for going for the win. Raceland's young kids must have played hard to have a shot on the road vs. the 5th ranked Panthers. I am looking foward to hearing from Ram, TCA, Doc, R68 and the crew on this one.

Congrats to Pikeville on the win, you have a top notch football program.

Coach did the right thing.

We made the extra two points the first td. Tried kicking on the second td. It was a bad snap. Missed. So on the 3rd and final td. It was a no brainer. Go for the win. I wish we would have gone for two every time. Like Ashland does. Pikeville has a very good kicker. Kicked 5 yards deep in the endzone everytime.

Lets see. Marcus Reed went down in the first half from what looked like was over heating. But did come back in the second half and played. Conner Messer I believe was taken to the hospital for what I was told was the same as Reed only worse. Lots of players with cramping.

I do want to congrat Pikeville on the win. They played hard.

We had a chance to win the game with about 15 seconds remaining going for two. But we jumped off sides. That put us on the 7. We tried a pass. But failed. Brian Caudill ran the ball with every thing he had tonight. Conner Messer for the little time he played. Played awesome. The defense line played well. And lots of the time the offense line opened up some nice holes for our backs. Wouldn't doubt we had 250 yards rushing. Just way to many mistakes. Felt like we could have won that game by two td's. Hope Messer is ok. One of the fans passed out in the stands and had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital.

Our pass defense once again killed us. We have got to regroup and get better at that. But over all it was a good effort for a very young team.

I was just told that it was Adam Elkins Racelands QB dad that was setting behind us. He had a heart attact. On the way to the hospital he passed away. Please keep Adam and his family in all of your prayers. Adam and his family are great people. Can't believe I just heard this.

I was just told that it was Adam Elkins Racelands QB dad that was setting behind us. He had a heart attact. On the way to the hospital he passed away. Please keep Adam and his family in all of your prayers. Adam and his family are great people. Can't believe I just heard this.
So sorry to hear this.

... Adam Elkins Racelands QB dad that was setting behind us. He had a heart attact. On the way to the hospital he passed away. Please keep Adam and his family in all of your prayers. Adam and his family are great people. ...

I am sorry to learn this. My prayers go out for the family.

. I really have no words other than a tragedy like this really puts things in perspective. We all go on about the games, players, coaches decisions, officials bad calls,etc.. Football is great but really means nothing, in times like this we are all family .I certainly don't want to talk about this game now:cry:

May God bless and comfort the Elkins family during this time. Only thing that I can say is to request prayer from all of BGP and beyond for this family.

I will certainly remember him in my prayers.

With news such as this, I am reminded in a very powerful way just how insignificant a football game really is. As oldrambler amply stated, this tragedy really “puts things in perspective”.

I pray for the comfort that only the good Lord can provide at moments like this. May God bless the Elkins family.