Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Danville and Beechwood.

Featured Replies

:confused: This was the first year in a long time that I can remember neither Danville or Beechwood competing for the Class A state title. How long has it been since this ocurred?

1998

 

Middlesboro 27

Mayfield 6

It may be awhile still with the emergence of NCC and lex Christian in the east and Bardstown in the west...I wouldn't cry to much about it, though, cause, more than likely, they'll be there again real soon...It's called tradition and both have more than there share of it....

i think danville will be back next year. They return 9 on offense and 9 on defense. tradition never graduates

i think danville will be back next year. They return 9 on offense and 9 on defense. tradition never graduates

 

I definately think they will, too.

If you throw Mayfield into the arguement how long has it been since one of the big 3 hasn't been in the sinlge A championship, or how long has it been since none of the three were playing for a state championship in any class. I don't know the answer but maybe someone could help. I know Danville missed the state in these years:

 

1983,85,86,88,90,93,95,96,97,99,02,05

  • Author

We won't be too shabby either. But I do expect for the Admirals to have a better play-off run than they did this year.

  • Author

Anybody see a possible mountain Class A team competing next year?

If you throw Mayfield into the arguement how long has it been since one of the big 3 hasn't been in the sinlge A championship, or how long has it been since none of the three were playing for a state championship in any class. I don't know the answer but maybe someone could help. I know Danville missed the state in these years:

 

1983,85,86,88,90,93,95,96,97,99,02,05

Technically it has never happend because not all 3 were A for all of the years. Mayfield went down to A in 1995 (won state against Beechwood); Beechwood won in '96 and '97. '98 Danville dropped down to 1A and has won a few times.

 

I guess '90 was the last time before Beechwood went on their run.

Technically it has never happend because not all 3 were A for all of the years. Mayfield went down to A in 1995 (won state against Beechwood); Beechwood won in '96 and '97. '98 Danville dropped down to 1A and has won a few times.

 

I guess '90 was the last time before Beechwood went on their run.

 

That is a amazing run

Exactly, 15 years is not that shabby.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.