Is Eddie Eviston the next Mike Yeagle?

theguru

From the football preview:

1. Newport Central Catholic - 1st year Coach Eddie Eviston not only led the Breds to a state title, but every playoff game was a blowout. Coach Eviston's success has many fans wondering if he is the next Mike Yeagle. Like Coach Yeagle, Eviston took over a successful program and elevated it several levels. With the persistent level of talent that flows through this private school, if Eviston is the second coming of Mike Yeagle, NewCath can be expected to win 4 out of 5 state titles. With Fort Campbell moving up a class and Coach Eviston moving in, the Breds are the clear favorite to win the Class 2A title.

==============================

Is Eddie Eviston the next Mike Yeagle?

I am not sure he is the next Noel Rash, let alone the next Mike Yeagle. But he is off to about as good a start as a head coach can have. Next year will be a critical year in evaluating him as a coach. He had great talent last year. He has excellent talent this year with one of the greatest athletes in N. Ky. history (IMO) at QB. Next year we will see how good Eviston really is as the talent falls a little below the level of his first two years.

I am not sure he is the next Noel Rash, let alone the next Mike Yeagle. But he is off to about as good a start as a head coach can have. Next year will be a critical year in evaluating him as a coach. He had great talent last year. He has excellent talent this year with one of the greatest athletes in N. Ky. history (IMO) at QB. Next year we will see how good Eviston really is as the talent falls a little below the level of his first two years.

Good point.

Yeagle is not the issue. NCC is lucky to have this fine young coach and I believe they know that and Eviston can appreciate the how lucky he is to have this storied program to coach. I watched the game with Dixie. NCC has talent and athletes but it is so obvious how well coached this team is compared to other years. One could appreciate the play calling and how disiplined the players perform. I've watched HHS teams play more than NCC teams over the years but I noticed similar features of this NCC team to the way Mueller/Weinrich teams play. I mean this as a compliment to all three coaches.

About the next 15 years: The Brossart program will dilute available talent for NCC. However, If I was a Campbell county parochial football player I'd chose Coach Eviston and NCC. The chance to play for a state title is special !!

This question can not be answered for 15 years.

Until then, it shouldn't come up.

End of story.

I should have stated it a little different, I mean in the making. I think it is a fair question and there are some similarities.

I think it is apples and oranges. Coach Rash followed a legend so no matter what Coach Rash does he really can't outdo Coach Yeagle. Coach Eviston also followed a legend but a legend that didn't have as much success winning state titles. So far Coach Eviston is on a Coach Yeagle pace that neither Coach Schneider or Coach Rash were able to sustain.