Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Recruiting

Who recruits more in high school? 26 members have voted

  1. 1. Who recruits more in high school?

    • Public Schools
      53%
    • Private Schools
      46%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Who is more guilty with recruiting players?

 

Private schools or public schools?:confused:

 

Depends upon the sport! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I asked this question before, if you invite two kids from outside your city to come into your locker room at halftime is that recruiting.

I asked this question before, if you invite two kids from outside your city to come into your locker room at halftime is that recruiting.

 

And what school was this? Private or Public? Is this first hand knowledge or someone told you this happened?

What makes players want to play for a program is the school that has a successful program, supportive community, and tradition. Private, public, federal, it doesn’t matter. The concept of coaches going out and enticing players to come play for them is too often overstated when in fact what often lures a kid to a school is the school’s reputation. There’s a reason that schools that are successful year-in and year-out dress 80 kids and schools that historically go 1-9 or 0-10 only dress 30. Kids want to be successful, parents want their children to be successful, they want to part of a winning program. I believe this is true academically as well as athletically, hence why parents spend the money to send their children to private schools and underperforming schools have such a hard time improving.

Public NK area city School in Campbell Co.

What makes players want to play for a program is the school that has a successful program, supportive community, and tradition. Private, public, federal, it doesn’t matter. The concept of coaches going out and enticing players to come play for them is too often overstated when in fact what often lures a kid to a school is the school’s reputation. There’s a reason that schools that are successful year-in and year-out dress 80 kids and schools that historically go 1-9 or 0-10 only dress 30. Kids want to be successful, parents want their children to be successful, they want to part of a winning program. I believe this is true academically as well as athletically, hence why parents spend the money to send their children to private schools and underperforming schools have such a hard time improving.

 

Agreed, not to mention the hope of a scholarship that may not be possible at a 1-9 school.

I asked this question before, if you invite two kids from outside your city to come into your locker room at halftime is that recruiting.
Were the kids middle school age ? Not knowing what school this is I would say yes and it was stupid to do it
I asked this question before, if you invite two kids from outside your city to come into your locker room at halftime is that recruiting.

 

I don't know what the rules are, but if this violates any state rule then it is obviously not good. If it doesn't violate a state rule, then I have no problem with it. Let's forget about athletes and talk about any student thinking about attending an out of district school. These students 99.9% of the time approach the school for information. Principals of schools aren't calling students in other districts trying to get them to attend their school. These students usually will visit the school. They usually will spend a day or part of a day in the school shadowing another student. Is that recruiting? I think the same is true of athletes. They approach the new school. They want to check out the school and the facilities before making such a big move. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. The ones who think there is something wrong (not pointing a finger at you d12b) are usually jealous because those kids did not approach their school about going there. Kids are attracted to schools and athletic programs that are successful and the fact is the successful schools don't need to recruit. FC made this point well in post #19. If you build it, they will come.

Public NK area city School in Campbell Co.

 

The grand kids that play in the FTJFL don't count! Am I close? Nice set up!

No not at all close they did not play in the FTJFL, they played for the Red Devils, and no they did not go to Highlands.

KYTMCNCC what do you mean a new School, Kids in NK can go to any School they would like.

KYTMCNCC what do you mean a new School, Kids in NK can go to any School they would like.
You forgot the ( , comma ) between Highland and NCC in post #13 therefore you inadvertantly created a new school . BTW it is Highlands .
Thanks
you are welcome I'm sure .
you are welcome I'm sure .

 

I know I appreciate it!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.