What ever happened to ICN6 (Don Weber)

DRKARK

Could anyone tell me what happened to ICN6 with Don Weber? It was the best NKY high school sports coverage. Will there be anything like that this up coming year?

Sadly, he went the same way as the Post and their sports writers. Gone forever.:cry:

Don Weber said....So long for GOOOOOOOD !!!

I will miss the previews and discussion but to be honest the shows were a little rough to watch. I think there are a lot of BGPers who could conduct nice preview shows due to their knowledge. However, getting in front of the camera is another story.

Kudos to Don Weber THE ONE MAN SHOW !!!

Kudos to Don Weber THE ONE MAN SHOW !!!

Excellent point. Don did the pregame research, selected the games to cover, worked his own camera (for the most part), did much of his own editing and was the on air talent. He always operated on a shoestring budget. With the KY Post, ICN6 and now Ryan Ernst exiting the field, BGP is the undisputed champion of Northern Kentucky sports coverage. Reporters such as theoldguy, leatherneck, gametime, etc., etc., provide unrivaled detail and analysis. :thumb:

Excellent point. Don did the pregame research, selected the games to cover, worked his own camera (for the most part), did much of his own editing and was the on air talent. He always operated on a shoestring budget. With the KY Post, ICN6 and now Ryan Ernst exiting the field, BGP is the undisputed champion of Northern Kentucky sports coverage. Reporters such as theoldguy, leatherneck, gametime, etc., etc., provide unrivaled detail and analysis. :thumb:

:thumb:

I talked to Don last month. If it was up to him he would still be covering NKY football, along with all other sports. ICN corproate, not local made the choice to go to a state wide program. (cost saver) If it was up to Don NKY sports would be on year round.

I like BGP too, but different things for different folks. BGP doesn't compare with the coverage offered by Ernst and Weber. Many of the analysis are biased. The reality is go to the games yourself to get your own perspective. That being said, I appreciate when people give the updates, etc; however, a big stretch to say this is the champion of Northern Kentucky sports coverage. If it is, then the coverage is way down in scale and scope, and I am afraid it is. People are interested in their own lives nowadays. I think the downfall of ICN6 and the paper is a reflection of our selfish society. The same events take place, just not covered as thoroughly or picked up by as widespread an audience. A shame, but sports in reality just save us from our otherwise boring existence.

So true. The outlets of the past have gone away. BGP is now the source of the day. :thumb:

I like BGP too, but different things for different folks. BGP doesn't compare with the coverage offered by Ernst and Weber. Many of the analysis are biased. The reality is go to the games yourself to get your own perspective. That being said, I appreciate when people give the updates, etc; however, a big stretch to say this is the champion of Northern Kentucky sports coverage. If it is, then the coverage is way down in scale and scope, and I am afraid it is. People are interested in their own lives nowadays. I think the downfall of ICN6 and the paper is a reflection of our selfish society. The same events take place, just not covered as thoroughly or picked up by as widespread an audience. A shame, but sports in reality just save us from our otherwise boring existence.

Unfortunately, Don Weber and Ryan Ernst are out of the mix. Tom Kramer was great back in the day. He's gone too. I stand by my observation that BGP is the best source of current northern kentucky sporting news. While it is true that some of the posters are fan(atics) in the true sense of the word whose posts have to be taken with a grain of salt, others are pretty darn substantive. Richard Skinner is excellent but he has a few column inches per week devoted to N Ky Sports. I thoroughly enjoy reading UK#1 fan's posts although would not consider him a news source. On the other hand, I would put Clyde's rules interpretations, leatherneck's analysis of an offensive line's performance, gametime's college recruiting observations, etc., etc., up against anyone currently covering northern Kentucky sports.