Man Robs Bank for $1 Just to Get Medical Care

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't want to burden his siblings, but has no problem latching on to the rest of us. Such nobility. He won't be able to avoid the rest of the jail population, unless he plans on doing something worse inside and gets solitary. After a couple of sessions, being Bubba's girl, he'll probably regret that decision.

I related a story told to me by a Hillsborough County Sheriff's Deputy on here a few years ago. A man tried to get the Deputy to arrest him, because he needed to see a dentist. When the Deputy refused, "the victim" turned and threw a rock through a store front window. He got his dentist's appointment.

Because this guy wants to make everyone else take care of him. Zero personal responsibility.

Really? The story said he had two jobs and lost them both in the recession. He then took a part-time job to pay his bills but his health took a turn for the worse and that moeny wasn't enough. What's your solution for him? Obviously "robbing" a bank is wrong, but what should he have done?

Really? The story said he had two jobs and lost them both in the recession. He then took a part-time job to pay his bills but his health took a turn for the worse and that moeny wasn't enough. What's your solution for him? Obviously "robbing" a bank is wrong, but what should he have done?

Get another job. Turn to family and friends for support. He said he didn't want to "burden his family", but he has no issues burdening the rest of us. He's a complete and utter disgrace IMO. Total low-life.

Not that I agree at all with his tactics, but does anyone else find the irony of the response that he should "get a job" in this thread, then in another thread lambaste the Obama administration because of the high unemployment and lack of jobs created?

Guy tried to do it the right way working, got laid off, has health issues and can't get medical insurance and his part-time job doesn't pay the bills. What do you want him to do?
Maybe I missed it but it didn't say he couldn't get medical insurance. You can get an individual plan for a few hundred dollars a month. Or he could have gotten a job somewhere that offered insurance, like McDonalds or Wal-Mart to name a couple.

This is the part that pretty much sealed it for me.

Then he plans to spend a few years in jail, before getting out in time to collect Social Security and move to the beach.Verone also presented the view that if the United States had a health-care system which offered people more government support, he wouldn't have had to make the choice he did.

Had he planned and saved better throughout his life he wouldn't have had to make the choice he did either.