Central Hardin 8 St. Xavier 6

I have heard a lot of discussion about the last play of this game. I happened to take a video:

Dirty play or not?

I am very disappointed in the phrasing of your question to even include the words “dirty play.” If you were concerned, I would have suggested to ask an open ended question for opinions as to what people thought was going on. Phrasing your question in the way that you did suggests intentional dirty play on the part of the St. X player.

From what I can observe from the video, it looks like the Central Hardin first baseman started to celebrate by raising his arm (and possibly moving his foot) as the St. X player was crossing the bag trying to beat out the throw to avoid the last out of the game.

Edited by Homerun

I was asking for opinions: is that a dirty play or not? I don't follow baseball very much so I'm wondering -

is it common to spike the first baseman in the calf on a play at first? I know a lot of people who watched it live didn't think highly of it so I'm just asking...

I was asking for opinions: is that a dirty play or not? I don't follow baseball very much so I'm wondering -

is it common to spike the first baseman in the calf on a play at first? I know a lot of people who watched it live didn't think highly of it so I'm just asking...

You make a lot of post of this website. You average 12.53 posts per day and have made 27, 955 on this site. I’m glad that you’re honest enough to say “I don't follow baseball very much.”

Doing a Google search, a number of “Wireman’s” popped up. Are you Anthony Wireman that has the AllKYHoops.com website?

AllKyHoops.com http://www.allkyhoops.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/awireman/statuses/51270541184733184

Or are you a Wireman that coaches girls baseketball for Johnston Central?

"I need a history on Wireman" http://bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8268

Do you coach or actively provide information to websites on the internet? This information is pertinent to my next response.

You make a lot of post of this website. You average 12.53 posts per day and have made 27, 955 on this site. I’m glad that you’re honest enough to say “I don't follow baseball very much.”

Doing a Google search, a number of “Wireman’s” popped up. Are you Anthony Wireman that has the AllKYHoops.com website?

AllKyHoops.com http://www.allkyhoops.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/awireman/statuses/51270541184733184

Or are you a Wireman that coaches girls baseketball for Johnston Central?

"I need a history on Wireman" http://bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8268

Do you coach or actively provide information to websites on the internet? This information is pertinent to my next response.

I'm Anthony Wireman and while I'm not obligated to tell you who I am, I'm willing to do so because most folks on here know me anyways. So, let's hear your next response.

I have heard a lot of discussion about the last play of this game. I happened to take a video:

Dirty play or not?

I watched your clip several times and I don't see anything there that tells me that was a "dirty play". The baserunner reached to get the bag with his last step and his foot appeared to hit near the base if not on it.

I think it is a legitimate question to ask because it so rarely happens and because of the situation, so I am not sure where Homerun is coming from.

I watched your clip several times and I don't see anything there that tells me that was a "dirty play". The baserunner reached to get the bag with his last step and his foot appeared to hit near the base if not on it.

I think it is a legitimate question to ask because it so rarely happens and because of the situation, so I am not sure where Homerun is coming from.

And I'm honestly just asking for opinions because I heard so many people talking about it after the game and then again last night. I can see that there was contact made on the play and the first baseman obviously wasn't happy about it.

I guess my question as kind of a newbie to high school baseball is - does this happen frequently or is it one of those things that happens, but rarely? I'm not trying to down the kid at all, just curious.

I'm Anthony Wireman and while I'm not obligated to tell you who I am, I'm willing to do so because most folks on here know me anyways. So, let's hear your next response.

I asked because I wondered if you are actively involved in “internet journalism.” Your post, particularly the way that you worded it, creates a “sensationalism” aspect to it and one that can inflame negative feelings between people and teams rather than one that builds good relations. I believe that if you are going to actively be involved in “internet journalism” that a course in journalism ethics would be very helpful.

I congratulate Central Hardin on a great season and an unbelievable run in the state tournament. Central Hardin often may not get the publicity that their baseball program deserves. Their team goes out and plays quality baseball on the field. The way they play baseball speaks so well of them. They have played the game at a high level and very consistently. I wish each of their players the very best and success in the future.

Sometimes schools like St. Xavier create a negative impression to other people, I guess possibly as much because of the cost of tuition and the success that they have had. I guess teams like the New York Yankees in baseball, the New England Patriots in football, and, yes, the University of Kentucky in basketball have this “Evil Empire” view to some people. On Father’s Day, I just want to let you know that I am not rich and have worked my butt off to provide the best education for my son that I can. I have sacrificed immensely so that he could go to St. X. My son played in that game; but with all the baseball going on recently, I had to work and could not be there. Maybe it is a little bit of a chip on my shoulder, but I have worked so hard to help him and I wonder if your post, whether conscious or not, brings out more this negative view of St. X. Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers out there.

Viewed the video clip. Unfortunately, whether intentional or unintentional, this seems to happen fairly frequently in close games. Observed a game once in which the baserunner broke his ankle.

I've watched a lot of high school baseball games in my life, and frankly, I don't think I've ever seen it happen.

I've watched a lot of high school baseball games in my life, and frankly, I don't think I've ever seen it happen.

It happens on close plays more than you think. Most people aren't looking for it. I can recall during an American Legion tournament, a baserunner intentionally stepped on the first baseman's heel and actually cut his spike. The next time that same kid came to bat, he hit a ground ball to the shortstop. The throw was made to the first baseman who, prior to the arrival of the throw, came off the base, made the catch and slap tagged the base runner in the face. Things went south afterwards.