Central Hardin 8 St. Xavier 6

Homerun - 1. This isn't a website for journalism so your diabribe about ethics is immaterial.

2. His question has nothing to do with St X.

3. You are right. You do have a chip.

I believe regarding Wireman, “internet journalism” does apply. Though this website is a message board, I think that Wireman does contribute to Kentucky Sports Radio and proudly state on another thread on this website regarding the Central Hardin vs Mercer County final that “Yahoo! Sports picked up one of my videos.” Too, Wireman's post about “Dirty play or not?” was the very first post after the score was listed. Every post made on this thread after the score is listed is about that play. There is no discussion about any other aspect of the game or St. X's cumulative season, since it was their last game of the year. I believe this is magnifying one potential negative aspect of the game and excluding all other parts. My “diatribe” that you accuse me of is somewhat based on this aspect. Again, I think that bringing up this one aspect of the game in the manner that it was could instigate negative feelings in the players and between the schools. I don't think this is the best way to approach it, whether it is in the New York Times or even a message board--hence bring up "ethics."

Maybe you're right that this “has nothing to do with St. X,” but I believe that it very well could be a factor in brewing up interest in the story.

The analogy of St. X to the “Evil Empire” sports teams, like the New York Yankees and the New England Patriots, has some merit. I was honest enough to say that it is hard sometime to hear comments about St. X that are not based on facts. I am not so sure that there is not some bias in your comments as well.