Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic vs Lawrence County Predictions?

Featured Replies

Any predictions for the Newport Central Catholic vs Lawrence County game?

  • Replies 34
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any predictions for the Newport Central Catholic vs Lawrence County game?

 

Doesn't Lawerence Co. have a stud pitcher??

14 Chandler Shepherd, has signed on with UK to play baseball.

 

He got rocked pretty hard in his last outing in the Regional Finals but LC came back to win the game after being down 6-1.

 

NCC has 1 win against top 25 or state tournament teams (PRP),and 2 loses, (CAL, Cov Cath).

Lawrence has 2 wins (GRC, Pikeville)

Massey ranking has NCC rated 31st in state. Lawrence ranked 38th.

On paper both teams are close, the big difference is going to be, does Lawrence throw Shepherd or save him for later? If Shephard is on the mound, I will go with Lawrence, if not I think its a toss up.

  • Author
NCC has 1 win against top 25 or state tournament teams (PRP),and 2 loses, (CAL, Cov Cath).

Lawrence has 2 wins (GRC, Pikeville)

Massey ranking has NCC rated 31st in state. Lawrence ranked 38th.

On paper both teams are close, the big difference is going to be, does Lawrence throw Shepherd or save him for later? If Shephard is on the mound, I will go with Lawrence, if not I think its a toss up.

 

Does NCC have hitters that can hit Shepherd? What about NCC pitching? Do they have any pitching that can give Lawrence County problems?

Does NCC have hitters that can hit Shepherd? What about NCC pitching? Do they have any pitching that can give Lawrence County problems?

 

Yep, NCC has hitters. I see hitting as the key to their team. Their whole lineup can hit and their leadoff man, Hightchew, is very good. Lawrence needs to throw Shepherd IMO. In fact, I can't imagine any team not throwing their #1 guy in game one unless there isn't much difference between their 1 and 2, in which case you look at scouting reports and matchups. NCC has one very good pitcher in Cain but he can struggle throwing strikes. As a result, he usually is done by the 5th inning. The pitching after Cain is capable on a given night but not dominating.

NCC won't touch Shep. Cain will have trouble throwing strikes and will get hit.

 

Lawrence- 6 NCC- 1

14 Chandler Shepherd, has signed on with UK to play baseball.

 

He got rocked pretty hard in his last outing in the Regional Finals but LC came back to win the game after being down 6-1.

 

Is Lawrence's number 2 pitcher good enough to go the distance against NCC ? Does Shepherd start or only come in if NCC scores and LC doesn't score enough?

I wouldnt say rocked.

 

Bloop down the left field line scored 3 runs.

 

Only hit 2 balls hard all night.

  • Author
NCC has 1 win against top 25 or state tournament teams (PRP),and 2 loses, (CAL, Cov Cath).

Lawrence has 2 wins (GRC, Pikeville)

Massey ranking has NCC rated 31st in state. Lawrence ranked 38th.

On paper both teams are close, the big difference is going to be, does Lawrence throw Shepherd or save him for later? If Shephard is on the mound, I will go with Lawrence, if not I think its a toss up.

 

Can Lawrence County win against NCC with their number 2 and save Shepherd? If not, can they win with their number 2 against the winner of Lexington Catholic and PRP?

NCC won't touch Shep. Cain will have trouble throwing strikes and will get hit.

 

Lawrence- 6 NCC- 1

 

I hope that history works in my favor, as your last prediction regarding a Bred's game was that NCC wouldn't touch Bertke (5/28 post) and that NewCath would fall to BW. Seeing that you predict LC over NCC gives me hope. I wonder if Sheperd has seen a team that hits like NewCath can. Of course, NCC didn't hit well in last two regional games. And I don't know how well LC hits when the tables are turned and they have to answer with a fireballer on the opposite mound. Of course--this means that Cain needs to throw strikes. If he has command of location and his off-speed pitches, it will put some pressure on LC.

I agree with previous comment--toss up. No predictions from this guy.

I hope that history works in my favor, as your last prediction regarding a Bred's game was that NCC wouldn't touch Bertke (5/28 post) and that NewCath would fall to BW. Seeing that you predict LC over NCC gives me hope. I wonder if Sheperd has seen a team that hits like NewCath can. Of course, NCC didn't hit well in last two regional games. And I don't know how well LC hits when the tables are turned and they have to answer with a fireballer on the opposite mound. Of course--this means that Cain needs to throw strikes. If he has command of location and his off-speed pitches, it will put some pressure on LC.

I agree with previous comment--toss up. No predictions from this guy.

 

Shepard is on the Midland Redskins roster.That right there tells me he should be able to handle the Breds hitters..

  • Author

It does make a difference that NCC is playing Lawrence County, not Midland.

Is the game being broadcast anywhere on the internet/radio?

 

Anyone going that can keep us, who have to work, updated via BGP's?

Is the game being broadcast anywhere on the internet/radio?

 

Anyone going that can keep us, who have to work, updated via BGP's?

 

Check the KHSAA website. They may be showing/broadcasting it.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.