Bracken County 2011/2012

Replace a lot of scoring.
A lot of how BC goes next year depends on the development of the big man Hamilton over the summer. Has anyone heard anything about a transfer from either Deming or Augusta to BC for the coming year?

A lot of how BC goes next year depends on the development of the big man Hamilton over the summer. Has anyone heard anything about a transfer from either Deming or Augusta to BC for the coming year?

I haven't heard anything along those lines, but I don't keep the closest ear to the program. From what I saw last year, Hamilton has the tools to be an outstanding player. I agree that his summer development will be a key.

I look for Josh Cummins to have a solid year. Eli Florer has potential to be a real bruiser in the paint. Ray & Crawford can both do some nice things on the perimeter. A lot of potential IMO, but they'll have to prove it on the floor.

They could use a transfer or too... I heard today thru the california raisin grapevine that BC lost a pivotal player and varsity contributer in Rigg. Coach Persinger needs bodies this year with depth being a weakness so he better not get rid of two many more.

They could use a transfer or too... I heard today thru the california raisin grapevine that BC lost a pivotal player and varsity contributer in Rigg. Coach Persinger needs bodies this year with depth being a weakness so he better not get rid of two many more.

I don't think this was a matter of Coach Persinger getting rid of any player, or if I were you I wouldn't believe what you hear through the grapevine. Coach Persinger and the Polar Bears had a good week at Transy and they are only going to get better.

Don't sleep on the Polar Bears just yet.

I don't think he'll get rid of two many more. :lol:

Come on TP, you know now days that kids are unpredictable!

They lost two very good players from last year in Andrew Cummins and Todd Jefferson.

Andrew & Todd definitely stood out last year & Bracken will have a hard time replacing what they brought to the table. But I think the talent is there to have a solid season--at least in the starting five.

• 4 weeks later...

Just checked the schedule on KHSAA. Some observations:

* Playing @ the Raceland tourney around Christmastime. Isn't that a guaranteed four game tournament? Regardless, I like this a lot better than the tourney Bracken has hosted for the last several years.

* Three road games against some 9th region squads--Dayton, Newport, & Highlands.

* Toughest game on the schedule looks to be @ Pendleton County. Also some tough road games @ Brossart & Campbell County.

* Back-to-back games with Paris, with the latter of the two being the Class A Tourney.

Overall, I think it's a good schedule. I think the talent is there for a solid season, but I acknowledge that the biggest obstacle will be where the scoring comes from. With the last several teams, you knew where the points would be scored, but this year could be more unpredictable.