Somerset hits HR #44

Somerset's Jarred Price hit Somerset's 44th HR of the year, in a 4-3 win over crosstown rival Southwestern in the opening round of the 12th region tournament. In tonights semi-finals games, Somerset / West Jessimine will play at 5:30 and Pulaski Co / Mercer Co at 8:00.

All games are being played at Southwestern High School.

Harrison County holds 4 of the top 5 single season team HR totals (1st - 105 in 1992, 3rd - 78 in 1997, tied-4th 63 in 1998 and 1993) with East Carter being the other team on the list (2nd - 89 in 1999).

How is it even possible for a team to hit 105 home runs in a season? That's nearly 3 per game!

I agree. Three players on that team accounted for 71 of those HRs (Shon Walker - 29, state record; Dion Newby - 21; Brad Allison - 21). Interestingly enough, that team did not win the state tournament (Lafayette was the 1992 state champion).

I agree. Three players on that team accounted for 71 of those HRs (Shon Walker - 29, state record; Dion Newby - 21; Brad Allison - 21). Interestingly enough, that team did not win the state tournament (Lafayette was the 1992 state champion).

I assume Lafayette beat Harrison County in the sectional that season, correct?