Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region's Best

Featured Replies

going into the last weeks of the regular season, here's my take on the best of 9th Region---any thoughts, additions, comments?

 

OF--Leeke (Beechwood), Sullivan (NewCath), Rebholz (CampCo), Norton (Brossart)

3B---Hempfel (Ryle), Teegarden (CampCo)

SS--Clarkson (Ryle), Hightchew, (NewCath)

2B--Bertke (Beechwood), ???

1B--Laumann (Boone), Schmits (NewCath)

C-- (CovCath's guy--name???), Cottingham (Beechwood)

P--Fuller (Holy Cross), Teegarden (Boone), Isler (Ryle), Cain (NewCath), Sexton (Dixie), Fardo (Brossart)

 

Looking for additions, comments--I'm limited to teams I've seen play

going into the last weeks of the regular season, here's my take on the best of 9th Region---any thoughts, additions, comments?

 

OF--Leeke (Beechwood), Sullivan (NewCath), Rebholz (CampCo), Norton (Brossart)

3B---Hempfel (Ryle), Teegarden (CampCo)

SS--Clarkson (Ryle), Hightchew, (NewCath)

2B--Bertke (Beechwood), ???

1B--Laumann (Boone), Schmits (NewCath)

C-- (CovCath's guy--name???), Cottingham (Beechwood)

P--Fuller (Holy Cross), Teegarden (Boone), Isler (Ryle), Cain (NewCath), Sexton (Dixie), Fardo (Brossart)

 

Looking for additions, comments--I'm limited to teams I've seen play

 

2B - Teegarden - Boone Co. / OF -- Wendeln - Boone

going into the last weeks of the regular season, here's my take on the best of 9th Region---any thoughts, additions, comments?

 

OF--Leeke (Beechwood), Sullivan (NewCath), Rebholz (CampCo), Norton (Brossart)3B---Hempfel (Ryle), Teegarden (CampCo)

SS--Clarkson (Ryle), Hightchew, (NewCath)

2B--Bertke (Beechwood), ???

1B--Laumann (Boone), Schmits (NewCath)

C-- (CovCath's guy--name???), Cottingham (Beechwood)

P--Fuller (Holy Cross), Teegarden (Boone), Isler (Ryle), Cain (NewCath), Sexton (Dixie), Fardo (Brossart)

Looking for additions, comments--I'm limited to teams I've seen play

 

 

You cant be being serious here. The guys I put in bold I either dont agree with or they arent even in the 9th region. Also I think you should add Popham(Dixie) at catcher because he probably has the highest average out of both of those guys and I guarantee is better defensively. Also add DeMatteo to the list of shortstops. Besides maybe Clarkson from Ryle, DeMatteo is the smoothest shortstop up here.

Is Laumann only playing 1B this year? Does he not play any 3B anymore?

 

Lonkard (Ryle) needs to be considered in the OF. Probably the best defensive OF in the 9th and his stick is starting to come alive as of late. Also need to throw props to Etscheid for 2B. He's hitting very well in the leadoff spot for Ryle and playing very well defensively. And Gorbandt has pitched extremely well the entire season and is more than worthy for consideration.

 

However, the one Ryle player who has most definitely earned a place on this list - as well as consideration for POY - is Tyler O'Bryan. He's hitting right at .500 and his ERA is under 1.00. Biggest issue is where to put him - he plays 1B and some OF when he's not pitching.

 

BTW, another name to throw out at SS is Thompson from Cooper. I think I saw some stats that he's hitting close to .600 and he fields well. And no question that Teegarden (Boone) is the best all-around 2Bman in the 9th, though you could also place him in the pitching category.

You cant be being serious here. The guys I put in bold I either dont agree with or they arent even in the 9th region. Also I think you should add Popham(Dixie) at catcher because he probably has the highest average out of both of those guys and I guarantee is better defensively. Also add DeMatteo to the list of shortstops. Besides maybe Clarkson from Ryle, DeMatteo is the smoothest shortstop up here.
Cottingham has picked 9 runner off bases this year three of them off second, and I could count on one hand of pass balls.
Cottingham has picked 9 runner off bases this year three of them off second, and I could count on one hand of pass balls.

 

Popham is the better hitter and I guarantee only maybe has 3 pass balls.

Popham is the better hitter and I guarantee only maybe has 3 pass balls.

 

Popham is the better hitter but defensively Cottingham is better. When Dixie played Beechwood I watched Popham have at least 3 passed balls after the game I talked to Sexton about it and he said that it happens quite often. ]

Cottingham is the best defensive catcher in the 9th region hands down..Not even close..

Cottingham is the best defensive catcher in the 9th region hands down..Not even close..

 

I agree on the defensive part. However if you are talking best all around, I think Lankheit should be in the discussion as well.

  • Author
Is Laumann only playing 1B this year? Does he not play any 3B anymore?

 

Lonkard (Ryle) needs to be considered in the OF. Probably the best defensive OF in the 9th and his stick is starting to come alive as of late. Also need to throw props to Etscheid for 2B. He's hitting very well in the leadoff spot for Ryle and playing very well defensively. And Gorbandt has pitched extremely well the entire season and is more than worthy for consideration.

 

However, the one Ryle player who has most definitely earned a place on this list - as well as consideration for POY - is Tyler O'Bryan. He's hitting right at .500 and his ERA is under 1.00. Biggest issue is where to put him - he plays 1B and some OF when he's not pitching.

 

BTW, another name to throw out at SS is Thompson from Cooper. I think I saw some stats that he's hitting close to .600 and he fields well. And no question that Teegarden (Boone) is the best all-around 2Bman in the 9th, though you could also place him in the pitching category.

 

I complete agree about Lonkard and O'Brien...I couldn't remember names. Haven't seen Thompson this year, but we played w/ him during summer ball last year and I agree--he's solid. Lot's of talent spread around NKY should make for an interesting post-season.

  • Author
You cant be being serious here. The guys I put in bold I either dont agree with or they arent even in the 9th region. Also I think you should add Popham(Dixie) at catcher because he probably has the highest average out of both of those guys and I guarantee is better defensively. Also add DeMatteo to the list of shortstops. Besides maybe Clarkson from Ryle, DeMatteo is the smoothest shortstop up here.

 

uuuhhh.... foot-in-mouth on 10th Region guys added to list (brain-fart). Wasn't sure if Popham was still catching regularly or playing elsewhere--he's the type of player you can't have out of your lineup. Been that way ever since he could swing a bat. We hated/loved playing the Reds in AABC ball, and he was always the X factor. Keep him from killing you and you stood a chance to win.

Cottingham is the best defensive catcher in the 9th region hands down..Not even close..

 

Agreed.

I have watch HC play several times this year and that Callery kid is one of the top catchers in the 9th region.

Any thoughts on Blake Tibeary, the soph 3B for Holy Cross?

Any thoughts on Blake Tibeary, the soph 3B for Holy Cross?

 

Yes, he's on my list every day. I think it's spelled "Tibieri" or something like that.

 

He can stroke. He probably has the best future of any underclassmen in NKY.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.