Drake Bruns of Highlands

Bad Bill

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Birdflu
I was checking the Ky Mile Split sight for some track info and it says on that sight that Drake ran a 14.26 100m dash? That can not be right. The same sight shows that Devin Bruns ran a 12.64 100m time. Does the track site have the two brothers confused?

http://ky.milesplit.com/athletes/852612

I know I am going to show my ignorance here, but what is considered a good time in the 100 meter dash. When I was in school, everything was in yards.

I know I am going to show my ignorance here, but what is considered a good time in the 100 meter dash. When I was in school, everything was in yards.

James Quick, the standout from Trinity's season best is a sub 11 seconds. There are only five (5) boys who have posted sub 11 second time in the state this spring.

Heard that Joker was HHS today!!!!!

Also heard the same, to see Drake to boot. There will be a Big Ten school there next week also courting him. I guess verbal commitments dont mean squat. Ask UK about Jon Davis of Lou Eastern. Verbally commited to UK as a Soph and 2 wks before signing day he backed out and signed with Illinois.

With no disrepect to Cincy, I would say they had better keep a close eye on the chicken pen with the big schools lurking.

James Quick, the standout from Trinity's season best is a sub 11 seconds. There are only five (5) boys who have posted sub 11 second time in the state this spring.

Furthermore, a lot of hand times are not legit at all for short distances. If you see anything hand timed, you might as well throw the time out. Electronic timing is much more accurate.

The only legit 40 times are at the nfl combine.

Just seen in today's newspaper a kid from Elder ran a 10.60 in the 100 meter.

You may be right...Sheehan is a great kid and I look forward to watching him play the game at the next level.

Of course, I also heard that Chuck Smith was at Highlands last Thursday when he found out Drake had committed to UC, so maybe there were a couple of reasons Joker showed up the next day. :idunno:

I was checking the Ky Mile Split sight for some track info and it says on that sight that Drake ran a 14.26 100m dash? That can not be right. The same sight shows that Devin Bruns ran a 12.64 100m time. Does the track site have the two brothers confused?

http://ky.milesplit.com/athletes/852612

I wasn't there but I've been told that Drake suffered a hamstring issue during the race which caused him to hobble across the finish. The pictures that paNDA snapped at this event (there is a link in one of the track threads) seem to confirm Drake suffered some type of injury.

To end the rumor mill. First, second, third, etc. meetings and conversations with college coaches are extremely important to prospective athletes. Lets not give Kentucky any recruiting tactic glory that they don't deserve and many other universities, including every other SEC school, does. You won't see Kentucky listed as a school of interest on any other website.