March 28, 201115 yr After 1998, Tubby gradually drug the UK basketball program down and didn't even seemingly care that he was doing so. To think of the ten years of pure misery that he put Kentucky through disgust me. However, the long wait to be back in the Final Four makes today even sweeter! I still wonder how much people would sing a different tune if the All-American class in '04 would have panned out a little better than it did.
March 31, 201115 yr All Tubby did was win games. 20 wins and out in the Sweet 16. You can have that all day. I will take the Final Four. You keep cheering for the Golden Gophers.
March 31, 201115 yr I still wonder how much people would sing a different tune if the All-American class in '04 would have panned out a little better than it did. It didn't, due to the fact Tubby was not a coach that could develop talent. He was handed a gift, that was the 1998 team. IMO if Cal would have had the 04 class they're in the Final Four easily.
March 31, 201115 yr After 1998, Tubby gradually drug the UK basketball program down and didn't even seemingly care that he was doing so. To think of the ten years of pure misery that he put Kentucky through disgust me. However, the long wait to be back in the Final Four makes today even sweeter!"Ten years of pure misery" ... wow, that's some hyperbole.
April 1, 201115 yr :thumb: Sometimes it really was hard to watch. I remember Kansas beating us by 28 at Allen Fieldhouse in 2006 and Tubby never changed from that same expression thats always on his face. I was sick over that, and done with Tubby on that day. He did nothing to try to change the game.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.