Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands Losses

Featured Replies

In case you didn't notice, out of HHS 4 losses 3 of the teams are in their states finals and 1 (Colerain) would be if it wasn't for St. X. I find that as a pretty tough schedule.

I agree with you. Highlands had a very tough schedule. It was a shocker when they lost in the playoffs. How many seniors were on the team this year?

  • Author

They had 19 seniors

I agree with you. Highlands had a very tough schedule. It was a shocker when they lost in the playoffs. How many seniors were on the team this year?

HHS was very young this year..........I think only 5 or 6 seniors started out of 22 position players....They'll be hard to beat the next couple of years in AAA...

Interestingly, of the four teams HHS lost to, the one that didn't make it to their state final game (Colerain) is very likely the best team of the four... just goes to show how tough Ohio D-1 football (and especially Cincy St. X) is!

Interestingly, of the four teams HHS lost to, the one that didn't make it to their state final game (Colerain) is very likely the best team of the four... just goes to show how tough Ohio D-1 football (and especially Cincy St. X) is!

JB, I am sure this will set off a fury, but I'm not sure if Colerain was better or at least was not significantly better than X. I like X's offense much better than Colerain's. Colerain's o line was probably better, but X ran a much more balanced offense. Interestingly enough, it was X's passing game early in the game that did more damage against Highlands than their running game did. On defense, I'd probably give the advantage to Colerain however. Please don't get me wrong, X's d line was good, real good, but Colerain was real good everywhere on defense and I mean everywhere. I'd love to see X and Colerain play this year, or even better, I'd love to see X play X. Has that been done recently? Ever? That would make for a good draw at PBS next year wouldn't it?

I'd love to see X and Colerain play this year, or even better, I'd love to see X play X. Has that been done recently? Ever? That would make for a good draw at PBS next year wouldn't it?

 

X and X have played, at Ryle of all places. That was back during the ComAir Bowl days. Cincy X won as I recall, something like 17 - 0.

X and X have played, at Ryle of all places. That was back during the ComAir Bowl days. Cincy X won as I recall, something like 17 - 0.

 

Thanks CF. I figured someone out there would know the answer.

it will be all right stuff happens

Not too bad a season. The Birds ended up losing to one state champion, 2 state runners up and Colerain. Next couple of years should be fun to watch with this bunch! Lots of talent returning and a couple pretty good Freshmen too.

Speaking for myself, the rest of the season was anticlimatic after the unexpected win at Highlands. Hoping for two in a row. (But not likely I know)

In case you hadn't notice CCH lost to 3 good Ohio teams as well. Yeah they lost to Highlands but CCH only lost to Lex Cath by 3 and Highlands got romped by the Knights.

In case you hadn't notice CCH lost to 3 good Ohio teams as well. Yeah they lost to Highlands but CCH only lost to Lex Cath by 3 and Highlands got romped by the Knights.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I guess that makes CCH better! Another moral victory. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

In case you hadn't notice CCH lost to 3 good Ohio teams as well. Yeah they lost to Highlands but CCH only lost to Lex Cath by 3 and Highlands got romped by the Knights.

HHS gave up 17 points....How many did CCH give up??????????? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

HHS gave up 17 points....How many did CCH give up??????????? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

 

 

Not that it matters, but CovCath scored 39 on the Knights. Surely, being the better team and all, Highlands scored at least that many?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.