April 3, 201115 yr Do you really believe that the BE coaches don't recruit the same players as everyone else, "one & done's" included??? I'm going out on a limb and say that Big East teams recruited John Wall and Kevin Durant.
April 3, 201115 yr I'm going out on a limb and say that Big East teams recruited John Wall and Kevin Durant. What Big East teams were a real factor in landing either???
April 3, 201115 yr What Big East teams were a real factor in landing either??? So being bad recruiters is part of their strategy?
April 3, 201115 yr So being bad recruiters is part of their strategy? Worked for Huggins and Calhoun the last two seasons... :thumb:
April 3, 201115 yr Worked for Huggins and Calhoun the last two seasons... :thumb: :lol: :lol: Weeeeeak.
April 3, 201115 yr :lol: :lol: Weeeeeak. Both teams had exactly what I was talking about earlier in the thread. 5 star talent but not the top level 1 and done types. Only 5 star guys for UConn are Walker and Oriakhi. They got the job done. #1 recruiting class sent home again. Strong... :banana:
April 3, 201115 yr Both teams had exactly what I was talking about earlier in the thread. 5 star talent but not the top level 1 and done types. Only 5 star guys for UConn are Walker and Oriakhi. They got the job done. #1 recruiting class sent home again. Strong... :banana: Again, weak. UCONN has the best player in the country carry them through the tournament. No more, no less.
April 3, 201115 yr How did this "recruiting strategy" work out for the rest of the conference in the tournament? Or in previous tournaments?
April 3, 201115 yr How did this "recruiting strategy" work out for the rest of the conference in the tournament? Or in previous tournaments? More Final Four apperances than any other conference since 2005 when the CUSA teams joined. I'd say its going pretty well...
April 3, 201115 yr I guess Cal should stop going for the top 10 guys at every position and turning them down for guys that are lower.
April 3, 201115 yr I guess Cal should stop going for the top 10 guys at every position and turning them down for guys that are lower. Liggins is a 5 star guy in year 3 that became the heart and soul of this team along with an unheralded senior in Jorts. Last year it was a 5 star big in his 3rd year. Veterans that know what it takes to win...
April 3, 201115 yr Again, weak. UCONN has the best player in the country carry them through the tournament. No more, no less. The guy that was ranked #14 in his class, was a reserve as a freshman and didn't take over the leadership role until this season? Exactly what I'm getting at...
April 3, 201115 yr Liggins is a 5 star guy in year 3 that became the heart and soul of this team along with an unheralded senior in Jorts. Last year it was a 5 star big in his 3rd year. Veterans that know what it takes to win... I agree you need a mix of a few older guys. It's not like he meant for it to happen, I am sure he was planning on Beldsoe and Orton to be around this year. This coming year will be his 3rd year and I expect him to get a guy or 2 that is going to stay 3 or 4 years.
April 3, 201115 yr The guy that was ranked #14 in his class, was a reserve as a freshman and didn't take over the leadership role until this season? Exactly what I'm getting at... UK went to the Elite 8 last year and the Final Four this year. We better change our recruiting philosophy or else :lol:
April 3, 201115 yr UK went to the Elite 8 last year and the Final Four this year. We better change our recruiting philosophy or else :lol: Is UK playing the 18 game meat grinder that is the Big East? Much easier to navigate the SEC schedule while a young team works out the kinks...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.